Only Fellowship of the Ring was any good

Only Fellowship of the Ring was any good.

The rest is poor paced, overstuffed, poorly directed, poorly edited, with little to no progression or stakes. Its like talking a wall from point A to point B. Doesnt help that it becomes cliche and hamfisted by Return of the Ring. Just wish fulfillment and quite uninteresting, themes a 12 year old understands and manchildren think are deep.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cHjt9Q00sp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm just mainly pissed off by the ghost army in the battle of pelennor. The rest is OK

I'm kind of pissed at the direction with frodo if it werent for based serkis and astin it would be untolerable

Top pleb

Sorry I'm not thirteen anymore dicklet, these are imdb drone flicks, theres nothing special about them aside from Fellowship you Theoden fucker

It's for children agreed OP

I actually think the ghost army is more interesting than the standard men, and also Aragorn's more heroic action of saving Minas Tirith. And i'm a huge tolkienfag, have read the trilogy, the hobbit, Silmarillion, Children of Húrin and unfinished tales many times.

All of the LotR movies are poorly-paced, overstuffed, poorly-directed, poorly-edited, with little to no progression or stakes.

How these piles of trash ever managed to win Oscars just goes to show how weak the early 2000s were in terms of movies.

>not 13 anymore
Oh, happy birthday, user! Sorry I missed your bar mitzvah.

But isn't 14 a little old to be posting edgy bait threads on for chan dot gov?

Im 26 fag boy i was 13 when rotk was released. Ive since watched a shitton and im sorry im not blinded by nostalgia. Fellowship is quite good but thats it

Well im glad you agree and im not the only one because it seems everyone else is completely blind. Oscars never meant anything though regardless

You say the ghost army is more interesting? It is more interesting to watch a green blur wash over the screen and erase the bad guys in 4 seconds? That ending was more interesting than the rest of the battle scene??
Come the fuck on!

Let me guess-

>Wes Anderson is one of your faveorite directors

>you think Tarantino is overages exept for RD

>you think the dark knight is a meme and you think Memento is Nolans only good film

>you hate Cape shit yet you find yourself first in line every 4 months

>you think most if not all films made in the past 15 years are shit and you know why

>when asked what films are great you say Godfather 1 and Metropolis and Citizen Kain

>you think you understand films and how movies are made because you've watched a lot of behind the scenes footage yet you've never written anything or worth of picked up a camera

>you are writing your "masterpiece" in your head all the time.

Did I at leas get two right senpai?

The Lotr trilogy will forever be a major accomplishment in filmmaking and will go down as one of the greatest trilogy's, and some of the greatest films, ever made. If you don't see that then you have no idea what you are talking about.

>all this projecting

lol in the books the ghosts scare them away

would you have preferred that?

Only the corsairs. The men take pelennor.

>Wes Anderson is one of your faveorite directors
Not even close not I can tolerate him sometimes, sometimes i cant

>you think Tarantino is overages exept for RD
>overages
Idk what you mean by this senpai

>you think the dark knight is a meme and you think Memento is Nolans only good film
Nolan is an exposition hack. The Prestige was ok

>you hate Cape shit yet you find yourself first in line every 4 months
wew lad her starts the tipping, y-you like capeshit! hard to believe but im one of the few on this board who doesnt. in fact i regularly call people shitstains for posting so much about it

>you think most if not all films made in the past 15 years are shit and you know why
90% or more of films made any year are shit thats how its always been

>when asked what films are great you say Godfather 1 and Metropolis and Citizen Kain
Alphaville, Larence of Arabia and Possession

>you think you understand films and how movies are made because you've watched a lot of behind the scenes footage yet you've never written anything or worth of picked up a camera
wew this projection is through the roof, you are tipping you neck off

>you are writing your "masterpiece" in your head all the time.
No ive never written a screenplay but ive tried to come up with something interesting when i have the time to think about it, im interested in all arts though

Thanks for not addressing any of my points you are so buttblasted like a typical lotrfag even this user agreed with meSorry only fellowship is good and you are a butthurt fanboy.

Fellowship of the Ring is definitely my favorite
It captures the feeling of adventure so well.
The rest are above average.
Better than most fantasy movies

>Im 26 fag boy
>quite good
>im sorry im not blinded by nostalgia
>everyone else is completely blind
>no punctuation

Anyone else remember saying the same shit while they were trying to look smart on the internet in middle school? Honestly, this thread is making me pretty nostalgic.

Savage

>The rest are above average.
lmao

I love this fucking website

OH NO SOMEONE USED NO PUNCTUATION ON Sup Forums THE HORROR

Kek what an argument

You're more pretentious than me 'le epic savage projection post'You lost an argument on the internet

I would have to agree with you. All this damage control by lord of the rings fans ITT and shit throwing actually furthers your statement.

To be honest, senpai - you type like you're 14. You're not totally wrong; but, you kinda fell right into this user's little trap - he got you on at least two of his points! And he's completely nuts if he thinks lotr is one of the greatest trilogy's ever made (though the field is small, so he has that).

tl;dr - you got trolled

The point of the books was that we were entering the age of Men - having ghosts save the day is, well, completely wrong in that regard.

>To be honest, senpai - you type like you're 14.
This board has already done plenty of 14 year old posting, im trying to actually have a discussion, I make typos a lot though.

>You're not totally wrong; but, you kinda fell right into this user's
little trap - he got you on at least two of his points! And he's completely nuts if he thinks lotr is one of the greatest trilogy's ever made (though the field is small, so he has that).
I was simply trying to defend my opinion and bump the thread for discussion. I think my points are valid Ive watched LOTR enough times to frame an opinion that i believe isnt biased. Believe me i used to love them.

>tr;dr - you got trolled
That literally doesnt bother me im expressing thought about art here

>I make typos a lot though.
Yeah, that happens when you're 14

Lotrfagz damage controlling

This is the literal definition of not an argument. It's just a bunch of vague phrases smashed together.

>Only Terminator was any good.

>The rest is poor paced, overstuffed, poorly directed, poorly edited, with little to no progression or stakes. Its like talking a wall from point A to point B. Doesnt help that it becomes cliche and hamfisted by Judgement Day. Just wish fulfillment and quite uninteresting, themes a 12 year old understands and manchildren think are deep.

how can one user be such a pleb

honestly

I'm glad nobody wants to have a discussion on the points made and instead shitpost, once again you will never get /film/.

Jackson's direction techniques from the Hobbit sadly are apparent in Lord of the Rings

Patrician taste OP

>actually responding to all of that

You're getting trolled son...

TROLLED HARD!

youtube.com/watch?v=cHjt9Q00sp4

Admit it, you cried.

Well, you're not entirely wrong; the sequels suck some dank donkey balls; and the hobbit is a mess (although hottie mcsweetelf redeems).

see

jokes on you i was only pretending to be retarded!!!!!!

Nah the trick is on you! I am LITERALLY retarded!

>mfw people on here are so bored and desperate for (yous) that they result to shitposting about one of the few movies that people on here agree even if they don't like it are major achievements in cinema

Well thank you. And yea. Evangline was definitely the only reason to watch those.

OP, don't lie.
Back in the day, you watched all three movies when they came out, with your friends, and you enjoyed them all.

>mfw you actually think lord of the rings is perfect and cinematic glory
Go back to leddot already man

They have flaws but the fact that they were all filmed at the same time with most of it being on location, building HUGE sets and having a huge group of people who loved the source material working on it. Yes I do think it is, and here's your (you)

I think, you don't get the LotR movies.
It was this big cool fantasy trilogy blockbuster people enjoyed back in the day, and were waiting until the next part came out.

But if you don't like classic fantasy, then sure it's not for you. Not everyone enjoyed LotR back in the day.

I thought it was a fun ride back in the day, with lots of good memories. Going to the Movies with friends. Watching the Trilogy with friends on DVD etc...

Thats nice and all that they attempted to make and made them but other elements like direction matters more.

achievement of what?

Good thread

It seems like no movie they made would've satisfied you. Putting Tolkiens world on the big screen was nearly impossible and I think we got the best anyone could've ever done. Also stop watching movies you don't like I don't understand why people do this just to argue with people who do like the movie.

>terry gilliam will never make lord of the rings

You have obviously never watched the making of to see how much work and passion went into it. They would spend more time and effort on one set or scene then most productions spend on entire movies.

Thats not true, putting it on screen in a non traditional hollywood manner isnt nearly impossible. It just happened. Jackson didnt have too much vision to me for the material.

not him, calm the fuck down nigger, that doesnt translate on screen automatically

Well you are clearly in the minority in that. There is detail in every scene and its one of the greatest casts for a movie ever. Also all the sets were great I think he had a great vision and it comes across in the movies

>Calm the fuck down nigger

Well thats why this thread is shit its just faggots like this shitposting

>you will never watch TFotR for the first time with your gf at christmas time

you can love the lotr trilogy for the great accomplishment in terms of adaptation it is but you cant deny the only movie that STANDS ON ITS OWN as a GOOD SINGLE MOVIE is fellowship

the other two cannot work by themselves, while fellowship is a perfect package

The cast was fantastic, yet this is my problem there were no oscars giving in acting cateogories, so i think the other oscars it was garnished with were undeserved since the academy doesnt know what they are doing.

My problems are with Liv Tyler and Elijawood everyone else was good or great.

Great locations yes, i felt the direction specifically the tone progression for most of main characters sort of is meh

>you will never watch it in the cinema with your little brother and dad who read the books to you ever again

The other two aren't really meant to stand on there own, they were all shot at the same time, also im hard pressed to think of a trilogy were movies 2&3 work by themselves any better

That's what I'm saying.

Agreed. Fellowship is the only one that comes close to the spirit of the book. The other two have too much action and dumb comedy relief scenes and aren't as well paced.

The oscars were given to the trilogy because all the movies were shot at once, they just waited until the final movie came out to see if it would finish the trilogy with the same polish as the other 2 and it did. Thats why they won 11 a clean sweep that year because they were rewarding the whole trilogy.

>Only Fellowship of the Ring was any good.
Objectively true though it's mostly because it turns from really well done fantastical tale to below average action trash and never manages to capture the magic again even in the better parts.

Most of those are objectively true. Literally unironically reddit tier "hurrr you must hate fun if you don't like capeshit and nolan and newest tarantino flick, i bet you like old movies lol!". Are you fucking retarded? Because you both write and think like one.

It was the best movie, and to be honest also the best book.

Craaaawliiiing eiiin muh skeeeenz dis wooons dey vil no heyooool

"Fuck you mom and dad and new black dad!" Said the faggot OP, as strains of Linkin Park wafts in the background.

Thats not true though they won oscars for the same category in multuple years.

My crux of the argument still stands. Zero (0) awards in an acting category. Ian Mckellen alone deserved it right out of the gate, thats bullshit that they didnt give it to him because they didnt consider fellowship a singular entity and were waiting.

Even two towers should have won best picture over return of the king. I wouldnt have a problem with fellowship and two towers winning. I have a problem with return of the king winning like no actors winning.

see
numale

>Objectively true though it's mostly because it turns from really well done fantastical tale to below average action trash and never manages to capture the magic again even in the better parts.
Thats why I say Fellowship is the only good one yes. Its true because its true

"I lead a lonely life. Mom and new black dad are always busy going on business trips. I know, let's shitpost on the hip Sup Forums since I'm banned on Reddit." Said the OP as he fingers his anus absent mindedly.

Pretty sure Sup Forums agreed 10 years ago that only fellowship was a good movie.

Then why does this board circlejerk that they are all good, is Sup Forums dare i say, reddit?

Haha, *chuckles then drinks wine* yes this board is indeed quite offenensive as always. I feel people need to embrace discomfort to truly live their lives. *slides finger across upper lip* heh, how can you say what's good and bad solely on how we react to them? Humph, we don't have to live our lives in a comfort bubble, whatever "comfort" means anyway heh.. *condom drops out of wallet, implying I'm going to have sex soon* SHIT! How embarassing.. we mature folk don't like to flaunt our sex lives around on the internet, so for that condom to drop out in front of everybody like that.. now everyone knows that I'm going to have sex.. *sigh*

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "O'Pee!" (That's his real name), "O'Pee, come and play with your mulatto lil brother. Mommy and big Daddy wants to have some quality time together" said the new black dad.

Whats with this shitposting OP is right.

Reddit doesn't like it when people don't like trash.

If you've been here for over 5 years you would realize that this place has become filled with reddit since things like breaking bad live threads and GOT threads. This place is just like the place you hate so why not fucking leave

FotR >>>> TTT >> RotK

RotK is a shit movie. It's actually amazing how they go all-in on action scenes and they're worse than every action scene in the first movie.

But people think they have good taste all the time, im not talking about television

>describes you perfectly
>p-projecting

This

Good

that part irked me when reading the books too, it was just too easy a get of jail card, they should have kept the concept of Aragon rallying help from somewhere unexpected but not ghosts

Yes but the post mentioned reddit and the things I've mentioned along with Sup Forums growing like crazy means that people like that are on this site now and they will never leave. If or you doesn't like it then you should leave because you will drive yourself crazy trying to have an actual discussion on here.

Every post is this, someone on here hated on something I like so I better hate on what they like. EVERY post

fellowship is all about good measure and moderation

characters have arcs, there's thrills from a little troll fight, the balrog shows up for 5s, etc

two towers starts with a great fight sequence, yeah, but that completly shifts the tone to gigantic crazy shit, then the rest of the movie is just build up to a honestly boring battle

return of the king has some great scenes as well, but then completly falls apart after pelennor

most of this is because they followed the source material decently mind you, not all jacksons fault

but it's just how it is, fellowship is the only good movie, in part because the source material is the only one that had potential to make a good movie

The movie medium just isnt always the best for certain stories, in particular ones with a very long epilogue like rotk

I think this was the scardest I have ever been in a movie

This was pretty scary

Thats one of the reasons I like Fellowship of the Ring the most. The atmosphere is incredible. You can feel the threat of the RingWraiths. They are just relentless. In the later movies where they are riding around on dragons and fighting people and having full conversations it just ruins it.

Nothing wrong with the paceing

This

>paceing
2/10 made me reply