Is it really worth watching in 3D or is it a meme being pushed to steal coins from my pouch

Is it really worth watching in 3D or is it a meme being pushed to steal coins from my pouch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rj0hjnatmNs
youtu.be/HSzx-zryEgM?t=36s
youtu.be/xUOI3NftfKI?t=1m9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its not just a meme its worth it. just make sure its a good 3d setup.

>Is it really worth watching
No

Yeah

IMAX or bust, you fuckin plebs

$15.50 well spent

you¿ll feel ok until you realize in the 3rd act that yet again, you have been jewed

I'm predicting this movie will suffer the same fate as Fury Road and look like ass on the home screen precisely because it's built around the visuals and the action in 3D and on the big screen. It's quite standard otherwise. So yeah. If you're gonna watch it, do it in 3D.

So far I've seen it twice.

It was my first 3D movie in nearly a decade and the multiverse scenes made it worth it. I still hate 3D though and will never see another one.

I'm personally waiting to watch it in 4dx

if you have to see a movie in 3D and you don't, this would definitely be one of those to watch it in.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rj0hjnatmNs

I saw it in 2d,seemed like they really set up the CGI to take advantage of the 3d

/thread

The only time the 3D wow'd me was at the the very ending credits when one of th eletters zips past you. It's pretty well done actually.

Like into darkness that spear throwing scene was well done I actually dodged me head to that in 3D imax

even without the CGI, its a good movie. i saw a shitty cam rip and i'd say its the best Marvel flick since Winter Soldier.

I saw in 2d and I wish I waited for 3d but that shit was like an hour later.

No movie is worth watching in 3D, I happened to see dr.strange in 3D because it was the first showing and hence a Matinee discount and there's literally like 3 3D scenes out of 2hours of runtime.

I hate 3D

Did anyone else feel disappointed by watching this?

it's the same average movie marvel has been pushing out for 8 years.

Just watch it in Dolby Vision instead.

Wait for discount day.

Yes, this is the second and last superhero movie I watch in theaters. Not only are the films mediocre but the audience ruin the fucking experience. Nothing but a bunch of manchildren and potheads in the threater. It's fucking pathetic

The jokes were terrible too. At least the ancient one fight scene was ok.

>its another assblasted DC damage control thread

Face it cucks, Wonder Woman looks like shit and Marvel has made yet another smash hit

I think you'd come to see it as a bargain.

I'm just so numb to cgi action and super hero movies. IDK how people watch them all because they're all the same movies. Also I find that any PG big budgeted movie always have predictable plots due to the lack of stuff you can do within the rating category and not wanting to risk your investment.

I told someone that I found the movie Locke more interesting than any Marvel movie and that was literally about a man talking to people on his cellphone in a car.

I watched it in 3D with the glasses.
It's great in key moments, most of the time you won't notice it tho.

Like all 3D movies today, they do nothing with the advantage of 3D. The only time when I got that cool feeling of something popping out of the screen was during the credits. So no, just see it in regular and you'll save cash.

>people on this board actually think good 3d is about stuff popping out at you

I watched a CAM that was fine for me.

I saw it in 3D and felt like it was unecessary. There was only this poor cinema in my city which wasn't showing it in 3D.

With that said, i didn't go to IMAX maybe it would have been better.

I also live in a third world shithole so that might also be important.

And also i wear glasses, so 3D glasses are always awkward on my face.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? It's one of the averagely good Marvel movies, it's easily somewhere around Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-man.

It managed to easily introduce a lot about Doc Strange's character and universe, have a satisfying story with an interesting conclusion, and also set up following movies in a very subtle and intelligent way, without going out of its way to remind the viewer that "OH HEY REMEMBER AVENGERS".

If its a gimmicky *IN YOUR FACE WOAAAAAAAAAHHH* 3D then god no

realorfake3d.com says it's fake 3d so I saw it in 2d, but everyone here and on reddit that saw it in 3d said it was great.

thats the point of 3D really

No lie this shit is probably crazy to see in 3D. Especially fight scenes like NY or the opening chase.

I haven't seen it, but saw a couple trailers and read the comic wiki for Dr.Strange.

Given that, no, don't go and see it, and by association, you will not have to decide to see it in 3d or not.

Watch The Shadow 1994 instead. Basically free to watch and it's better.

No it's not you goober. Its about being able to have a true depth of field. Things popping out at you is for plebs and babbys.

I used to like Bieberdick Cucumbersnatch, but Hollywood has forced him down everyone's throats so much I can't stand him anymore.

>'People are Strange' starts playing
Literally walked out after that.

the 3D in the Pirates of the Caribbean 5 teaser looked better than the 3D in Dr Strange, but the 3D in that teaser is some of the best I've ever seen so that's not really detracting form DrS

This one had some really solid art direction, lots of fractals and good use of depth.

You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't i?

I paid $3 today to watch it and kind of regret it.
Just search 'trippy shit' on youtube or something and you'll get the same result

trying to watch a cam rip of this
having trouble staying awake -- every part is predictable so far

I saw it in 2D and think it's cool enough.

3D might be good too I guess.

Well memed, user, well memed. HOWEVER! Comic books were only ever targeted exclusively for children during period in the 1950's, and this was done in America alone, the rest of the world kept making comics for people of all ages. Your 1950's fantasyland is at an end, for soon all in your land will know comics to be an artform for everyone.

Wasted 10 dollars watching it tonight. Just wait for it to come out on VHS if you really want to see it.

Keked hard when he did the "watch it" hands though.

>VHS
>not watching a betacuck movie on Betamax
It's like you only watch kino and don't live it.

>He doesnt have a friend who works at the theatre and get to see movies before they come out and for free everytime he goes.
I havent paid for a movie in 4 years because I have friends who manage my local theatre

>Post production 3D

why

So how good does Strange get at punching people? Does he need the cloak to deal with hand-to-hand combat?

In my city it's $15.50 for one ticket to a normal viewing

Dahnald. Dahnald I've come to bargain.
This is a recount loop. We'll continue recounting the votes until you hand over the dimensional delegates and leave the republican party alone. Until then you'll be stuck here winning the election until you hand over the dimension delegates.

I wouldn't suggest watching it at all.

I suppose if you have to watch it, see it in 3D.

Tell me about Rachel. How cute is she in this?

Watch it in Imax, the 3D also made the scenes with the different dimensions really well done.

The 3D was actually really good in this one during the crazy alternate dimension shit.

During the mundane stuff I noticed the focus seemed really off on a few scenes which was not pleasurable on the eyes

p cute desu

>worth watching in 3D
Is the director James Cameron? Then of course it's not worth it you cunt.

I did. The visuals were good, but they're literally all that makes this movie anything but incredibly average.

I don't feel like the 3D really had all that big an impact on the New York fight. If anything, the illusion of depth in the effects made it seem even more obvious the actors weren't part of it.

There were some wonky-looking moments from a gravity perspective, too, and I don't mean the ones that were obviously intentional.

Pretty much lets the cloak tank for him. That's another problem - if not for his time maguffin, he'd be outclassed at literally every turn, though he does rely on his wits, which would be nice if the ways he tricks some of the bad guys in a couple of instances weren't so smartarded.

Better human anchor to the MC than Portman

>That's another problem - if not for his time maguffin, he'd be outclassed at literally every turn
So the fact that the newbie is outclassed by experienced people and wins because he has an Infinity Stone, something that's being set up to make the biggest villain in the franchise, is a problem?

Jesus Christ you whining cunts couldn't enjoy a movie if it gave you a blowjob and made you dinner

Yeah and I hate 3D with a passion but my cinema doesn't have 2D for blockbuster movies. This is the only 3D in years that actually looked good and enhanced the viewing.

But it wasn't kino! It didn't have anvils in it! How can you have a good movie without anvils in it?

>live in a 3Dimensional world
>1D standard films
>every so often they try to enforce 2D
>live in 3D

now add 1 more dimension and truly ask yourself why a 3D movie would EVER actually be worth paying more than $0 to see

rule of thumb is do not watch something 1 dimension below you. 2+ below is good, 1+ above is interesting, but 1 below is shit

>+1 above is interesting

let me know how the new 4D spiderman movie is will you? you fucking idiot

fuck off m8

meme
only a few scenes are trippy

saw this stoned in 3D on a massive screen and it was honestly one of the best moviegoing experiences of my life

Why did they steal music from MGS?

youtu.be/HSzx-zryEgM?t=36s

youtu.be/xUOI3NftfKI?t=1m9s

No, but the fact that they only make his "wits" work by making the bad guys really dumb and unprepared is. They take down seasoned badasses and job to a newbie who figured out how to work the channel selector.

Watched it both in 2D and 3D. 3D does make a difference but if you're tight on money don't waste it on this. It's an okay flick at best.

Christ, that is the worst photo edit job I have ever seen, even including intentionally awful ones

just like capeshit movies

I saw it in 3D and hardly noticed any 3D popping out at me. Not worth it. Seems to be the case with all 2D conversion films.

Only movies shot in 3D are worth it.

>YFW UR IMAX IS GETTING A LASER UPGRADE NO SHOWINGS TILL DECEMBER SO CANT SEE THIS PROPERLY IN IMAX 3D

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~

THIS MOVIE IS IMAX 3D AS FUCK

No, the video is slightly blurry if you watch in 3d

you need glasses m8, mine was fine.

Because you're a pleb who probably watches yify and streams camrips

It's bad except for the visuals so, if you plan on watching it at all, watch it in 3d. I suggest not watching it at all.

Lol 15 is the price of a regular ticket. WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA

DORMAMU

it's okay friend

DC will get theirs someday

Christ alive, that's about the same/slightly higher than a normal ticket here and I live in fucking Norway.
You are getting jewed something fierce.

IMAX is $18.50 usually.
I waited until today since it's only $10.

>me and my friend decided to order tickets online
>two tickets to dr strange in 3D together cost over $50
>we spent $30 on food when we got there too
australia, ladies and gentlemen

>Things popping out at you is for plebs and babbys.

meh, I like that kind of 3D better. dof doesn't add anything to the experience.

>we spent $30 on food when we got there too
On this one you have only yourself to blame though. Always get your shit before you get there.

That scene when he first meets the ancient one and asked what did you put in that tea, psychobin lsd? Had me rolling because it legitimately looked like what a bad acid trip feels like.
That and the joke about when he gets the WiFi password and thought it was some sort of mantra

in 3d? not really. but the sound design is pretty good

So.. both scenes which were in the trailer.

Go to a black neighborhood and watch it in 3D for $8 and yeah it's worth it.

I watched it in 3D while drunk off my gourd. The city fight scenes were really neat.

Not sure if it happens in Australia, but I wouldn't try it, as they would probably discover the food during the penis inspection.