Why are they making pop culture references that'll be dated in 5 years for a universe that's planned for the next 20?

why are they making pop culture references that'll be dated in 5 years for a universe that's planned for the next 20?

They're disposable trash, like the comics they are based on. The "cinematic universe" continuity is just to get gullible morons to pay to see all of them.

because market research says people like beyonce

Because the movies are forgotten within ten to fifteen minutes after leaving the theater. The average filmgoer will remember having liked it, but they will have no idea why.

Because it's funny now, you cunt.

>dated in 5 years
they'll just reboot it then retard. Besides people only watch these so they can watch the next one. Nobody remember what happened in Captain America 2.

>still no new Hulk movie

Fucking Universal.

These movies aren't made to be watched 20 years from now they are made to make half a million now. Thats why modern cinema sucks none of these movies are ever going to be classics.

>Nobody remember what happened in Captain America 2.
They spent the movie driving from plot point to plot point, nigger bird gets wings, a nazi scientist's brain trapped in a computer tells them getting caught was part of his plan. Bucky and Cap'n have some homosexual tension in a big glass discoball on the bottom of an airship.

Beyonce will be around for 20 more years

Why does every movie have to be a classic?

I dont really car about the universe. I just watch because theyre fun.

This

These movies aren't made to be revisited. Nobody just watches Iron Man 2 out of the blue on a Saturday night.

>he watched capeshit

No but it would be nice if modern Hollywood tried to make some. A few.

The only time I re-watched the Marvel movies was just to remind myself of what happened before seeing Avengers 2

How often do you think regular people re-watch movies?

20 years from now all this shit will be rebooted anyways, and it'll be full of pop culture references then too

A lot. People don't rewatch capeshit unless it's a Nolankino though.

or Raimikino, or Gunnkino

What pop culture references? The Beyonce and Adele thing? I think people will still get it. They could have used Madonna or Cher but they've been around for like fifty years so that's an even older pop culture reference.

reminder that Tony Stark talks about MySpace in Iron Man 1

Because they want your money now.

I occasionally watch Raimi's Spiderman or Burton's Batman. Both those had tons of pop-culture shit with Macy Gray singing or Joker dancing to Prince. You remember these movies are made for children and to sell toys right? Right?