Supermarket food

Does anyone sense that modern foods from the supermarket is tasting more like shit every year? I dont know what it is, but i remember as a kid, a peice of chicken or a cup of milk tasted way better, but now most things you buy in the supermerket are either fake, diluted, full of filllers or processed. Meats taste like cardboard from all those hormones. Doesnt taste like real food anymore.

Every few months I go to my friends property for a few weeks to help with his fathers cattle business and theres no supermarkets in these small towns and for some reason the food just taste way better and theyre cheaper aswell. It feels like im getting Jewed by the supermarkets.

Other urls found in this thread:

bonappetit.com/entertaining-style/trends-news/article/sense-of-taste-changes-aging
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's why you buy from wholesalers or resellers of those wholesalers.

In my city there are several small markets that sell you every item you can imagine, they buy it from wholesalers. I can also go directly to the wholesalers and buy as if I were in a supermarket. Pretty much all of these are local goods with much higher quality than supermarket products, and quite cheaper, too.

Also
>buying pieces of chicken
>not buying whole chickens and cutting them up

Do you even into savings and cooking?

Companies always find ways to reduce costs and in the end downgrade their products. Take Breyers for example which changed its ice cream recipe and it's no longer considered ice cream, it's now called "frozen dairy desert" and it tastes like frozen water.

You can buy organic products too.

In america supermarkets are way cheaper than farm stands because farm stands are marketed at the rich

>why does processed food taste bad?
because it's made for poor people. anyway, my milk and chicken taste amazing. stop being a bad cook?

Well i guess when you use extracted water from milk, it's still diary product eh ?

I think I've been trained to like corn syrup more than sugar. When I try products that have reverted to using sugar it tastes odd to me. Almost as bad as diet coke vs. regular coke. Now imagine this happens with all the other synthetic flavors.

most oven ready meal tastes like over-salted shit
hell, even vegetables have got worse a lot worse!
that's why I buy some of my groceries from our local t*rk, whos veges are good quality and not pumped up with drugs and hormones

Well that's odd as fuck, here it's the total opposite, supermarkets are for the rich but the supermarket products are in fact inferior.

The farm stands are what I call small markets, and they only operate two or three days a week depending on where you go, the owners are usually humble, non rich people who buy their products from the city's "central", it's a centralized market with lots of goods who engage in wholesale and small sales.

Why are the products from market stands expensive, anyway? It seems counter intuitive. Is it a hipster thing?

I think it's more that non-mass-produced anything will be more expensive.

nigger what

Farm stands here in Florida are Farmer's aimed at selling their goods directly to people. Place is flooded by Mexicans every Saturday.

Beat them there in the morning and walk out with 20 pounds of food for about 30 bucks.

Microwaved broccoli sells like farts

If you eat anything but grassfed organic food than you are fucking yourself up desu.

Also remeber to filter your water to take out the birth control estronegenics, floride, and heavy metals

>aussie who probably smokes and drinks daily wonders why things don't taste the same

Could it be that you started cooking? When you were 12 your mom cooked for you and she put effort into it. Or do you still live with her?

Around here small farmers markets are usually farm to consumer, so the farmer focuses on quality and charges what he can.
Larger farmers markets are similar. They focus on higher quality produce which consumers are willing to pay a premium for.

Favorable tastes becoming dislikable is actually a sign of oncoming schizophrenia. I'd visit a doctor.

Local grown meat and produce has always been better quality than store bought. This has always been true.

Have you ever considered the fact that taste preferences change as you get older? Kids prefer processed food with tons of sugar to a grass fed, aged steak. As they get older, people tend to prefer foods with more subtle flavors and even more bitter flavors (why adults like coffee and beer and kids don't.)

There is some argument that food "tasted better when I was a kid", for example, when real cane sugar is replaced with corn syrup in products, or when other ingredrients are replaced to cut costs. But if you've been around since at least the 80's, food quality has generally been the same.

bonappetit.com/entertaining-style/trends-news/article/sense-of-taste-changes-aging

Do you mean like processed food or produce and meat? I don't notice the difference, maybe a memory thing?

just shop at costco

>childhood memories aren't accurate when I'm older
Color me surprised