Planet Earth 2

>story lines
>full of cinematic fluff shots
>full of fake sounds
Anybody else disappointed with episode 1?
I could barely tolerate the audio that's clearly edited in. And how many partial shots do I need of Komodo Dragon's foot?
The footage and visuals are very nice and high quality but I wish they would do more with them. Seems like pandering to normies which seems to be effective given the viral popularity of muh iguana chase scene.
I don't mind ecological conservation slant but I guess some might.

Private Life of Plants is way better than this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zWH_9VRWn8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=XEb1iZ2JYHI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buller's_albatross
mega.nz/#!z1dzhI4Z!XE2hE9hvK1OmZEn4BaDQrkuqHB5iKNW1T713Y5r1Ny8
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>full of fake sounds

uh, the first series is filled with fake sounds too, they do 70% of that stuff in post

That snake pit shit was cool and I haven't even seen it, just a webm of it here.

I'm aware, but it feels even more egregious in this first episode.
The snake chasing on the rock with dramatic HISSS sound effect or the Komo Dragon fight with loads of action sounds. It's like watching action movie.
Compare to Microcosmos which I beleive did a lot to record real audio of insects or private life of plant where foley is more tolerable because it's lots of sped up plant footage.

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

>wanting good documentary not Michael Bay's Planet Earth is autistic

It's not written by David Attenborough they just got him to narrate which is why it's not as good as Life series.
Watch Light on Earth instead.

I was pissed off about story lines and sounds effects until the Iguana sequence. Everything came together in that sequence, the sounds,music, especially the footage. If that's the quality going forward I'm excited.

Even with the penguin footage. I'm so sick of seeing penguin footage but they managed to give a new an impressive look at it.

Those shots of the penguins getting knocked around the waves are crazy.

>I don't mind ecological conservation slant

lol

I felt heavy for those penguins on the volcanic island

The iguana sequence was good I admit and it works as an excellent teaser clip.
In that portion I didn't mind the sound too much until near the end. The footstep noise was fine but the overley dramatic hisses at the end and the constrict noise when the lizards were caught was a bitch much I think.
>Even with the penguin footage. I'm so sick of seeing penguin footage but they managed to give a new an impressive look at it.
Yeah the shots of the waves were great and seeing the bloody penguins. I was annoyed they had to do same old penguin family getting food "story".

Do you not care about planet?

why do all albatrosses look CGI?

They're puppets

The Komodo dragon part was the only bad part senpai.

Do they actually look like this?

What le fuck?

>faggot last night telling me my encode is the problem

I hope he was just joshing.

No.

lmao, what?

>I was annoyed they had to do same old penguin family getting food "story".

It's not like penguins do anything else to be fair

E X P O S E D
Seriously though how do they get some of the super close tracking shots or the below animal shots?

which ps2 game is this?

I assumed it was extreme zoom and hidden cameras

It was one of the greatest things I've ever seen. If you didn't like it you're a filthy heathen

t. pleb

their unedited raw footage would be 100% better.

The BOOM BOOM when the komodo dragon is walking everytime it's feet hit the ground bothered me immensely.

For the sloth it looked like they had to have been swimming right next and below him.

Yeah, I was a bit annoyed by it too desu

You underestimate penguins.

youtube.com/watch?v=zWH_9VRWn8Y

I liked it, but certain animals are just fucking boring, even with excellent production.

>episodes are now 400 hours long and lack colour
sounds good

i just finished watching this didnt except a thread on tv. here are my baked ramblings i sent to my friend

I'm glad they produced a nature documentary that pleases the pot head audience.
Perfect.

Why would you think the colours would be added post-production??? I'm pretty sure they use camera's that shoot in colour.

I hope you all are pretending to be retarded

I cri evry tiem

I can't imagine being as dumb, empty, and vapid as you, even in my wildest nightmares.

Better than Bourne movie fight sequence between Komo Dragons lol.

But that's what penguins do user. It's how they feed their children

if there's no big cat stealth hunt (leopard, tiger) in the series i'm comitting disappointment soduku

you forgot to tip your fedora

Snow leopards this week breh. I'm hyped as fuck

It's actually not

top shitpost

>d you want to see how world really looks
>or do you want to see how hollywood world would look
THank BBC.

What are the best nature documentaries Sup Forums?

Not only nature, just life in general. Check out Ron Fricke. Especially Baraka and Koyaanisqatsi.

youtube.com/watch?v=XEb1iZ2JYHI

>What are different species?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buller's_albatross

please don't tell me this is actually bad. it's at least just like the first Planet Earth right?

It's great, just Sup Forums being contrarian as usual.

Just watch first episode.

The foley is overdone and some of the editing was meh but you'll probably want to watch it for hq footage.

Watch it properly and it will be great. It's like the first series, but instead of concentrating on the habitats and trying to "summarise" them, it's mainly trying to show their beauty and showing off with extraordinarily great shots, possibly the greatest in history of nature documentaries. They are short, but it actually works for the series' puroose's advantage. Don't try to learn anything from it, if you are interested, google these places or animals.

The only negative is the overdone voicing, but if you really can't stand it, you can mute it and replace it with some patrish music, and you won't lose much.

Solid 9/10.

Massive zoom lenses with remote cameras and shooting at some absolutely obscene resolution so it can be cropped down.

Its very good, ignore Sup Forums

The fake sound effects during the Komodo fight really were too much; ruined the scene desu

Does that also work for the shost half under and half above water? Feels like those need to be close.

>Watch it properly
What does this mean?

The one with the Sloth?

That was probably just a dude with a camera, since Sloths are chill as fuck and don't recognize most shit as a threat just for being bigger than it.

Yeah that one and that's what i thought. Also helps those sloths didn't have any natural enemies.

>animal abuse so brits will keep paying for tv licence

mega.nz/#!z1dzhI4Z!XE2hE9hvK1OmZEn4BaDQrkuqHB5iKNW1T713Y5r1Ny8

wow, thats cheap

no way. Thats not OK. wtf?!

It looks like they used one of those upscaling/smoothing filters like were used on those old disney movies.