What did you guys think of the latest brand new album?

What did you guys think of the latest brand new album?

i never really dug what i heard from them before (devil & god and deja entandu) but i liked this one a lot.

AOTY

Same here, well thats not entirely true, i listened to devil & god as well as daisy once each and didnt bother listening to them again. Will have to revisit both records now.

They recently said the band will be breaking up in a year or so, ill try and make an effort to see them live before that happens. They havent toured the country i live in since 2010 though so im not getting my hopes up

b u m p

the brand new brand new?

I really liked this, older albums didn't really stick but the complete package of this album is memorable. What a great cover picture.

AOTY for me. It’s got an almost OK Computer sound to it.

Don’t think they were ever going to tip TDAG, but that’s okay

same

AOTY imo, the most i've ever listened to an album on repeat upon release, think i went like 7 full play throughs in a row. their my fav band and this definety was worth the weight, seeing them in a fortnight too, so excited

I'm amazed at the anons in this thread giving it such a positive response, I listened to it once and was bored out of my mind, very forgettable, don't plan on going back.

Best alternative rock album I've heard in ages.

It sounds tired and exasperated (in an emotional way) and I've seen them live twice this month and genuinely think Jesse is going to kill himself

Is Jesse married?

>Lacey is married to Andrea King, a high fashion and celebrity seamstress.[51][52] Their daughter, Bowie, was born on January 11, 2016.[53] Through his marriage to King, he also has a stepson named Miles.

Its 2nd best BN and aoty

Good but inconsistent

Nigga i went 50. Not even kidding

Jesse is literally handsome as fuck. Look at this saucy bitch

the album has a very 90s feel to it, a lot of it sounds like STP or something. i don't know if it is the production or his vocals, but a lot of it reminds me of that mid to late 90s radio sound.

Wow, people on Sup Forums genuinely compliment others on their looks? That's... actually surprising.

Jesse Lacey is a god

Their worst record. 1 good song. Should have quit years ago.

>has a wife's son
explains it

AOTY for me. Shamed to admit but just started listening to Brand new this year and the fact that they are supposed to disband in 2018 makes me really sad.

They've never been in the country i live in and won't ever come to the country i live in. ;_;

What song do you like?

If you don't think Jesse is one of the best looking musicians than you're a total pleb

I wanna know what you think of The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me. It's their magnum opus, and has been recognized as one of the best albums of the last 10 years.

I loved how soft it was compared to previous albums. They sound tired, and ready to call it quits. It sounds beautiful that way.

Are you kidding me, Lacey is handsome as an Incubus, but that wasn't my point. In a site so pessimistic as this, I would never expect such an uplifting compliment like that to be expressed on the same site that unironically tells people to "kill themselves."

SF is a GREAT album. Probably my AOTY. But even if it sucked, they didn't need to make it. The Devil and God secured their legacy in full

My dad has a wifes son, is he a cuck? My half brother is awesome.

user, no offense, but you sound new here.

Basically everyone EXCEPT you're waifu/husbando is shit. So you tell them about it.

hmm..

>user, no offense, but you sound new here.
I've been here periodically since around 2008, around the Encyclopedia Dramatica era. Only recently I've actively posted here, and in those 8-9 years, I always see this place as a shroud of darkness in the realm that is the Internet. And yes, I'm aware there are much more disgusting sites in the deep web, but we're still up there.

Has been my favorite album since i first listened to it this year.