Anyone else wish they had come home as a folded up flag?

Anyone else wish they had come home as a folded up flag?

My wife would have copped 400 grand in life insurance, and I would have been a damn hero, and wouldn't have to live through how fucked up everything is now.

Thoughts?

I just kinda figure that it would have been the best thing. I don't really fit in anymore, and I don't understand how things work. I'm like those convicts that got out of Shawshank and don't know how to live.

reup

I just enrolled in the army , any advice from an experienced vet ?

That would need me to have even an ounce of love for, or faith in my country.....Not gonna happen.

Sorry you feel that way. Hope your country is still doing well despite you not wanting to help out.

More pics like this?

Got that off the internet, my man. I wouldn't show pics of my unit, they all got faces of my boys in them.

All I know is that I cannot wait for that coveted DD-214.

Was it pretty similar to that? Iraq?

A country that wilfully treats it's people like shit for the benefit of the rich doesn't deserve help.

Never volunteer. Keep your head down until you make it to your unit.

That's the time to show interest and develop your career.

Whats heroic about dying to some sandniggers IED?

Yeah man it's probably Iraq, the signs are in Arabic. It looks pretty fucked up though, like a movie. Usually it's not that bad.

What's heroic about staying home and spending all day jerking off and smoking pot?

well each time you ejaculate there are thousands that die at your feet.

>and I would have been a damn hero
What war do you think you fought in?

Damn dude that's deep. I always just thought about knocking up Jessica Alba when I beat my dick.

A war you didnt fight in, my dearest nig.

>Implying i smoke pot

Nah dude, i'm not for getting myself killed just because my country likes to play war now and then. Have fun with your PTSD induced by a useless war which basically got you the universal hate of every country in the middle east

>A war you didnt fight in
Because I had enough aptitude and sense to start a real career instead of playing soldier and then coming home to complain that I don't fit in.

Bruh unless you stumbled across a time machine while playing in the sandbox nobody would think you're a hero.

Well I mean... the service paid for my master's so... there's that.

But yeah man I'm pretty unhappy and I wish it was 2007 again, no lie.

Nigger what do you even mean?

I mean that there's nothing you could have done over there that was heroic, and dying in some insignificant corner of the desert wouldn't have changed that.

Bahrain and Kuwait are not real deployments.

Paktika Province, COP Margah 2010

Helmand, 2011 when Mattis did his thing. What about it man?

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy.

No, I don't want to be a flag. I would of been fine with coming home in a box, not as a flag.

>My wife would have copped 400 grand in life insurance, and I would have been a damn hero
Unless your relationship is FUBAR, I'm guessing your wife would happily pay $400k to have you back. If you have kids, then x10 the amount.

As for being a hero; not all heroes have to die.

Years later, after getting out, I realized it was FUBAR. We got married because we figured I was going to get merked and it never happened. Now we're... stuck.

>wouldn't have to live through how fucked up everything is now
How is everything so fucked, OP? Genuinely interested.

Also, in battle a hero is a man who assesses a situation, usually when others are in peril, then takes action to resolve it irrespective of risk to his personal safety. Not all of these guys die; witness the number of VC's given to living soldiers (I'm a Brit, hence VC).

So why don't you assess your currently fucked-up situation and take action to resolve it, irrespective of risk to you or your present situation?

>Now we're... stuck
I'm also this guy
So you're ex-military. Marine? Even if not,
>Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
Unstick it

I’m guessing he spent a lengthy amount of time in service. Has nothing to really show for it and never got to fulfill his dream of seeing combat. Then realized his marriage was just a joke.

Also, after 6 years and two deployments in the Army I’ve never heard anyone say “fubar.” Is that a marine thing? It can’t be since they’re all about the Oorah.

I've seen pics of American troops with folded flags strapped to their gear in Afghanistan. For what purpose.

>I’ve never heard anyone say “fubar.”
I'm old, British and it appeals to me. I believe iot's an ex-military expression - I assume you know what it means and it's certainly not something you'd usually use responding to a superior officer.

Just gonna ask, what makes you think everything is fucked up? To be more exact what experience did you go through to view the world like that?

Nah I got to see combat. 1 tour in Iraq, 1 in Afghanistan.

It's more that I've come back to the states and I just don't fit in. I keep all the military stuff inside, I never talk to anyone about it, I just did some things that don't sit well with me.

I started to drink, it killed my sex drive. My wife and I are basically room mates. She's probably fucking somebody else. I want to be angry but I just don't have the energy.

Things were just a lot easier when I was in.

(cont)
Wikipedia tells me that FUBAR was a WWII expression; as my old man fought in that one, probably explains why it's part of my vocabulary

Pretty much anybody who has been in in the last 20 years has gotten shot at if they were combat arms.

touche

Smoke pot. If you're STILL a shit cunt, do exercise and smoke pot. STILL a shit cunt read a book as well.

>queue infomercial
>follow my 3 step plan to...
>now on cassette!

I can't claim to understand, never having served. But what I can say is my father served all over Europe as a soldier in WWII. He too saw some shit he wouldn't talk about, got promoted then busted, spent some time in a military prison (that was one thing he did mention - once was definitely enough) smoked heavily and became estranged from his family when he returned. His marriage was also pretty fucked-up, probably as a result of his experiences. Eventually he died early.

But he did raise me and my sister, worked his way up from being a blue-collar guy to a qualified white-collar job, provided for us as best he could, gave is a good education and a start in life and for that I'm always grateful.

But he still raised

That’s not even close to being true.. Shit has been pretty dead the last 6 years alone, because of Obama. Also, there’s a big difference between hearing rounds popping off and actually being shot at.

Don't you have some abbos to coral and murder? That marmite isn't going to make itself, cunt.

Sounds like you've been enlisted this whole time and never fired your weapon.

If you seen combat and went through all this shit afterwards you would’ve offed yourself awhile ago. The only way you wouldn’t is if the VA has you drugged up real good, which you really wouldn’t be talking/thinking about shit, even on here. But, this is all coming from my personal experiences.

He knows. Shut it down.

Nah, never got any treatment from the VA. My TAPS class basically told me I wasn't allowed to have any benefits. I served for six years and they lied to me.

So I went to school instead. Getting my BA.

You sound like they did a number on you man, you ok?

This is me.
Just sounds like you’re full of shit otherwise you’d still know a few enlisted buddies, whom would’ve told you the same shit I just did. Keep dreaming about combat though, fucking pog.

Best memory from your service? Like a genuinely happy moment you had with buddies or something?

Real talk, not having to shoot somebody is fine man. We all did our part, and anybody who is a faggot about it and wants to pretend to be a ranger now that we're all back home is... well... a faggot

I smoked a cigar in a sand storm and drank a Heineken. It was the most surreal thing of my life.

To clarify, we got hooked up by a bro who went on leave and grabbed smokes and beer from Bahrain, brought them back to us.

I remember just standing on a conex box, getting hammerfucked by the wind, with a bunch of my guys, smoking and getting fucked up off like one beer. It was wild.

Roger that supply Sgt. Sorry you couldn’t see combat and have to fake ptsd like it’s a fashion trend.

I know it sounds like a longshot, but there are some therapists out there that have some idea how to handle this stuff. Find the right guy, and he might be able to help you talk some of it out. You might have to drive a bit, but I'm sure there's somebody with military experience and a counseling credential that you could talk to.