How's your local scene Sup Forums?

How's your local scene Sup Forums?

>Flanders, Belgium
>Lotsa noise bands in Ghent, can see cool shit like Brutus, Steak Number Eight, Cocaine Piss, Raketkanon, Oathbreaker ... in smallish locations
>Some 90's inspired bands (I'm an emohead) like Teen Creeps and Newmoon

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kfOhsUVrs0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone red pill me about the St. Louis music scene

I don't know, check out bandcamp with the tag St. Louis? Just try going to shows, you probably won't get shot.

>Split,Croatia
>Shitty soundcloud-tier rappers
>That's literally it
This makes me kind of upset

>daytona beach, florida
>dadrock cover bands, reggae cover bands
>some shit emo/pop-punk bands
everything sucks but the shows are fun anyways i guess

Los Angeles
>really fucking good experimental scene
>a lot of crazy punk bands
>industrial techno/noise scene is coming up
>deathgrips style rap bands are popping up

I love my scene my dudes

You sure? DIY spaces don't always advertise a lot. Forgot to mension those.

>go to weekly show at local bar
>it's not in the bar but the "club" next door
>hiphop show
>know the owner, busy being the barback
>very unusual, but about 15 15 year old african guys standing outside (give or take 2 years), with some arab/african girls outside.
>checkout the hiphop show in the "club" next door
>guy rapping in French (not that great in French tbqh), had a cool voice though decent beats
>50 15 year olds get hyped randomly every 3 minutes
>10 white guys standing in the back
>skip, go back to bar, re-enter for the local main act
>extremely shitty
>all the black kids extremely hyped up during the whole 3 minutes I watched
Fucking hate that kind of rap acts, there's at least one good local rap act though.

Ayy, right crowd and a show can get lot's better. Take ska punk, really fun if everyone's feeling energetic

Damn. Are most shows in the us all ages? Are there basement shows in LA?

This somewhat around the corner in Long Beach. A lot a gay beach goth stuff though

Pretty much nonexistant.

Where are you from, if you wanna share? If you live in the middle-of-nowhere I feel for you user.

yeah these are mostly basement stuff; no one really gives a shit who comes in, sells beer to anyone

Scottish Borders - fucking dead.

How many run-ins do you have with pissed neighbours and shit? That kinda stuff doesn't really happen here in Belgium (except maybe in the "farmer" part but it's really limited there as well. Maybe because it's hard to live in the middle of nowhere down here, but I don't know.

LA is a gigantic place and there are a lot of shitty areas (Chinatown, south LA, parts of downtown) that are just completely deserted at night (besides homeless/prostitutes). Many of these diy spaces rent out shitty apartments or alley basements, and they can be loud as fuck and sell beer and there really is no one to complain, and if no one is complaining the cops don't give a shit. Gentrification is kind of changing that, but since LA is so spread out its slow-moving and there are some area that I don't think it will touch (hopefully)

>Buenos Aires, Argentina
>all the great stuff was from the 70s or 80s

I missed out by being born too late.

>Toronto
>Punk/DIY scene is pretty good
>Bands like S.H.I.T. and Triage
>Also lots of overlap with the metal scene.

Holy shit, PUP is from your hometown, I think pretty good is a small understatement. How are the shows (i.e. what type of venues, friendly people...).

Maine.

Sacramento, CA

I don't go outside enough to know but we have death grips

Oh, btw Howie Day is from my hometown.

I recognize the name but not the music behind it... Doesn't look like my cup 'a tea reading the wiki description.

>In Manila, Philippines for over 10 years now
>90% of the country is still stuck in radio music from the 80s to early 2000s
>On another scene, a fuckton of indie bands heavily inspired by college rock and post-mid 2000s anthemic indie pop like Ang Bandang Shirley, The Ransom Collective, and Cheats
>A sudden surge of both chillwave and electronica artists/bands like Spazzkid, Ryoku, Eyedress, Autotelic, CRWN, etc
>A growing interest in both math rock due to Tom's Story
>A sudden revival in folk acts like Bullet Dumas and Johnoy Danao
No one's really experimenting in their own genres.

It's uncomfortable to think there might have been an user last monday at The Guru Guru in Afsnis or Onmens in Charlatan.

Btw other user's: check out his rec's because they are actually pretty good.

Finland
>Ismo Alanko
>Paavoharju
>Chisu
>Vesala

This is pretty great mainstream stuff youtube.com/watch?v=-kfOhsUVrs0

anyone in Phoenix? I always assumed the scene sucked

New York

It's so bad. Every time I see a band or artist from Los Angeles or Atlanta etc. doing things we ought to have been cooperating on...I'm happy for them, but shit it breaks my heart. Pitchfork and Vice-lings running everything that made New York City an exciting place into the fucking ground. Rappers are slowly turning into these hypebeasts, because I guess they see it as a means of milking the oh-so-wonderful trust fund expat class.

What time that should be spent on mastery and technique is spent schmoozing and "networking", which basically translates in practicality to payola schemes for anybody who wants to do anything other than play classic rock covers for 3 hours. The performance and modern art scenes have taken the place of what would've been a homegrown music scene in any other city. I mean, who cares if you're not good at anything and lack the discipline and goodwill to actually learn something. You spend 2,500 of your parents' dollars a month on a one-bedroom, so you're gonna be a respected artist, God damn it.

Which reminds me; If you're working on an "installation", you're a fucking hack that needs to go back to Akron. I know, they hated your pretentious shit back in your boring, white-bread hometown or whatever, but I promise you, they hate it in NYC as well.

Everything here is so fucking fake, the perception that you are this deep artist and thinker is more important that actually being that. And everyone who puts up a fight with me on that are pop-punkers and progressive metalheads who can't accept that their music is, in fact, micromanaged details used to mask sub-par musicianship. Or worse.

This is to say; if your dream is to come live and work in New York City, that's enough for me to say that I don't wish to have you.

However, Webster Hall's abrupt closure made me cock an eyebrow. Any insights?

>VERY small diy scene , bands are either kinda emo or very "modern indie" influenced singer songwriter types
>bar cover bands
>like, two metal bands
>no jazz
>that's it

I missed both last week, but I've seen The Guru Guru before Brutus. Have missed Onmens but have talked to and seen lots of shows where Siegfried/Bert played something. An acquaitance of mine actually went to Onmens. Ah the joys of university. One of my best friends lurks and posts here as well, btw.

Derp, The Guru Guru as openers for Brutus.

Sucks that Video stopped doing shows.

I mean there are some genuinely decent groups/rappers but most of them really aren't anything special or interesting. It makes me upset because nobody (as far as I know) makes anything else.In Croatia the only good music scene is in Zagreb really.