You have 10 seconds to mount an argument for why this all-star would want to unironically sign with a team that keeps...

You have 10 seconds to mount an argument for why this all-star would want to unironically sign with a team that keeps getting BTFO by LeMeme instead of just re-signing with the Jazz

HARD MODE: no "muh college coach"

>Celtics sign Hayward
>trade number one pick to the Knicks for Melo
tell me how this team doesn't beat Lebron

The Jazz have basically no chance of getting past the Warriors for the next few years, at least the Celtics have the cap flexibility and draft picks to change their roster

Because his current team gets btfo by both the spurs and the warriors

meh, I don't get what's the big deal about this guy. He didn't really put up much of a fight against GS.

I don't know if he'll fit with the current Celtics team. Develop those guys instead since it shows they can put up a fight.

He's going to da land for da veteran's minimum.

As much as I'd love the Celtics to trade their pick to us for Melo there's no fucking way he's worth it at this point in his career.

Ainge is actually a good gm, he'd never make such a one sided trade

Melo is a cancer and not coachable. He's only great in the olympics

Utah would have a shot against the Spurs. The Warriora are just too strong. Also Utah is a younger team than the Celtics and when the Warriors fade they will have a small window in which they might win a ring

no way, they're not as young as you think and they basically don't have the money to keep hayward and sign hill long term

they're stuck in this limbo of being good enough for the playoffs but don't have what it takes to make good free agents sign there and therefore don't have a real chance at the finals

They are one of the youngest teams in the league and they spend less money than the Nets so they have plenty of cap space left.SO money is not an issue for the Jazz.On the other hand the Celtics with Horford and Thomas in 2 years will have 2 players with 30M+ in salaries.If you add up Hayward they would basically break the salary cap with 3 players

Celtics are on average this year younger than the Jazz

Their FO doesn't spend money and they rarely get good free agents anyway

I seriously doubt that they will actually re-sign IT, he's kinda expendable now that they have the first pick and will most likely take Fultz

Sure, Horford will still be making 27+ mil for the next 3 years but his game can age decently

Sure, I do think there's a large chance Hayward stays with Utah because they can offer him more money and an addition year but the Celtics do have the flexibility available to them to make him a good offer but still have cap space and draft picks to still change their roster

Not even a Celtics fan, I fucking hate all the Bawwston teams as a New Yorker but I'm aware that they have some of the best chances in the East to really become a powerhouse in the next few years

Hayward and Gobert are just a discount Stockton and Malone, and all the latter ones have to show off for is two cuckenings in the Finals to Jordan and Rodman.

> stay in Utah and get BTFO by Warriors
> go to eastern conference and get BTFO by Cavs

It's join or die really.

Not much of an argument imo. He's going to have to beat the Warriors at some point, either in the Western playoffs or the Finals as part of an Eastern team

Unless he cares about having his name in history as someone who made the finals but didn't win, why would he ever go east? Does anyone care that Dwight Howard made the finals once?

>anyone in the East getting past LeBron any time in the next 3 years

at this point every player/team/executive knows that they are not beating Cavs or Warriors for the next few years.

Celtics are positioning themselves to be really good in about 2-3 years when Lebron is declining.

That said, down the road Celtics have much better chance in east than Jazz will have in the west.

Wrong. IT and the first for Knicks first and Porzingis.

Lonzo Ball in NY?

LOL for some reason that would be the most entertaining shitshow possible

Utah has a good defensive team desu. They're on the verge of a breakthrough.

Hayward on the Celtics would have beaten Lebron tho

i think it's more likely the cavs regress in three years time before the warriors unfortunately

>Hayward on the Celtics would have beaten Lebron tho
lol

Thomas, Crowder and Bradley for Porzingis and spare parts.