SPECIFIC RECOMMENDATION THREAD

ITT: post a chart or collage and ask for a specific type of recommendation; give recs

I'm seeking music that will make me feel motivated and happier, but will appeal to my taste

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Z66wVo7uNw
youtube.com/watch?v=323W1GcfcTA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Marina
Marina is the worst fucking female """"artist"""" of this generation, not only is she a unlikeable cunt but also a balding old hag who has ruined her voice and sounds like guitar strings being ripped open by a euthanized dog that is about to die without fifty layers of autotune and reverb. Her """lyrics""" which she probably wrote with the help of 50 MEN because she can't make music without the help of a male are single handedly the most generic and somehow most autistic thing pop music has to offer. at the same time Did I mention she had a breast reduction? This disgusting sjw cunt has nothing likeable about her and if you think she's good you're lying to yourself.

I like her. She is good. You are mentally ill. I recommend suicide. Blah blah blah. How many times do you want to go through this?

i'm feeling like something different; something with female vocals that's different to the kind of thing these artists make

other than marina ive not heard any of these
is there any other pop like that you like

The only album I recognize is Moanin', but check out Curtis Mayfield - Curtis
youtube.com/watch?v=6Z66wVo7uNw
Carol King? If you want something really different, check out Axe - Live & Studio.

I need some good 60's/70's psychedelic folk/rock with female vocals that isn't already on my chart, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, or Nico. I want someone with a beautiful, but almost overwhelming voice, like a siren, with good instrumentation. If it comes from the 70's or later, I don't want anything too conceptual (unless it's

Flying Saucer Attack - S/T always makes me happy and you seem to like loud, noisy shoegaze. (Jesu and Alcest)
Don't have anything, sorry man

Rec me some good Japanese rock desu

Absolutely check out Aimme Mann's album Lost in Space. It's beautiful. Perfect cosy Autumn transitioning into Winter album too. Hope those who give it a chance enjoy it :)

youtube.com/watch?v=323W1GcfcTA

lurking thread for someone to ask for recs I can help with.

don't need to ask for anything myself, although I'll always find space in my library for new dark ambient artists/labels on bandcamp.

I'd like anyone who knows these albums to rec me some happy music.

Tom Rosenthal's earlier albums.
Mars Argo

bump

more obscure albums from the Elephant Six Co

Handsomeboy Technique - Adelie Land
Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night

Syzygys - Complete Studio Recordings
Hanayo - Gift

Nara Leao
Gal Costa
Minnie Riperton

I'm not autistic enough to make a collage, I'm just searching for albums similar to this one here.

What is top left and second-to-bottom right?

I want stuff thats pretty different than what I listen to, some uncharted waters on my part still might be accessible to me?

The Sundays - Reading, Writing, and Arithmetic

Rec me a really long ambient album

emotionally charged stuff that makes me turn more outward than inward, though

specific example: and then nothing turned itself inside out, crooked rain

Koyaanisqatsi (ost) - Phillip Glass

by really long, how long?

longer than an hour at least

I'm putting together a selection for you.

Thanks man. I'm just getting in to ambient and none of the essentials that I have listened to last long enough, when they end I'm left wanting more.

Bull of Heaven: like a wall in which an insect lives and gnaws

Some music that makes me feel extremly uncomfortable. Or albums made my people with intelectual disabilities that arent super popular in the underground scene (Daniel johnston, Wesley Willis, etc)

Okay so here's what I'd recommend. If length is what you are after, then the best starting point IMO would be Mathias Grassow. It's highly unusual for any of his records to be shorter than an hour long, and some go way above (Morpheus comes in at 5 and a half hours).
After that, a lot of my recs are more within the 1 hour to 1 hour 20 min range.
I know what you mean with it often not being enough, I tend to need a long playlist to fall asleep to, but the way I get around it isn't by limiting myself to one long album, but maybe queuing up 2 shorter ones. Some of my favourite ambient recordings come in at 40 mins to an hour.
Anyway I think I managed to stick true to your criteria and give a good mix of artists to check out, so hope you enjoy.

Oh yeah, I added a Dirty Knobs record. He's more into noise. Not harsh noise, but he makes a lot of drone out of manipulating field recordings and it can be a bit taxing to listen to at points. But that record comes in at just shy of 9 hours, so props to you if you can listen to it all in one sitting - I haven't yet.

bumping until i know user got my recs

More experimental shit based on chart.

Dope Body - Lifer
Omni - Deluxe

Juana Molina -Wed 21

Not sure if that user got it, but really appreciate this thank you desu

bampf

What's the name of the 3rd one?

You got a link to the Panico album?

Soulseek

nice

I'ts great, definitely check it out

diamanda galás - s/t comes to mind when i think uncomfortable

no love deep web, autechre - confield, some tim buckley

looking for some more angry, atonal, nasty shit if anyone had any recs

those were some shitty/basic reccs but whatever.

Street Sects - End Position
Selvhenter - Frk. B. Fricka
Revenge - Behold.Total.Rejection.
Minor Shadows - Minor Shadows

just didn't want to lazypost. please forgive me user, i truly need your validation

Give me something that will blow my mind. Albums where you're convinced it's the best thing ever when you first listen to it, and have never heard anything like it
>The Ascension
>The Doors
>Endtroducing
>Frances The Mute

I fucking love your chart dude, do joyce manors s/t if you havent already

I want melodic music with cool instrumentals, happy or sad

if your still here, I got them and appreciate them

King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard - Float Along Fill Your Lungs

Recs based on any of these?

Nick Drake