Dont be mad i may have forgotten about the thread i made and then it got deleted, anyway...

dont be mad i may have forgotten about the thread i made and then it got deleted, anyway, how long did it take for you to enlist in the military im tryna get itno the navy

*Breaks into Village people song*

>how long did it take for you to enlist in the military
I don't know what that means, OP. what is your issue? I enlisted and shipped out with the USMC less than a month after I turned 18.

Depends on your background and paperwork. Are you a US citizen or immigrant? Any history of trouble with law enforcement? Any health issues, broken ankle in the past - for example?

I started the process this january, and am currently 18. I wanted to be honest and told them i had simple counseling just to unwind, and that i've been diagnosed with ADD. Due to circumstances beyond my control i couldn't get the diagnosis papers they wanted, or a paper saying it was destroyed, and I only had like 2 sessions with my counseler so it was uneccessary. They told me I could sign some non disclosure stuff and I said that'd be fine. Now i'm awaiting on them to call back, however its been 3 weeks since they mentioned the nondisclosure papers.

I'm a U.S. citizen, born here, and I've no bad record of any kind. No broken anything ever.

I have some hearing issues in one ear and mentioned that, and they said it wouldn't completely disqualify me, so I'd have a solid chance. I just need to know that I'm not like, being ignored, cause I'm eager to go right away. I am aware that others are trying to enlist too, so I know I shuld be patient regardless.

Call them

Source: In DEP

I'm going to join the navy too...are you trying to be an normal seamen or something more? ie seals

disclosure paper work takes time, it has to be reviewed by several departments at the MEPS. the problem is likely elsewhere. are you overweight? how did you do on your initial physical fitness test? what did you score on the ASVAB?

pls for the love of god tell me you didn't sign up for the SEALs bullshit

I call them alot and end up having to leave voicemails
just a normal seamen

I haven't taken any of that at all, the most I did was the premedical paperwork, the 300 question thing, and a quick test with reading and math stuff.
Naw, i'm not looking to be a SEAL

ok well....I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you didn't make the cut. you don't get to seek disclosure forms unless the candidate has already passed the other necessary screening. are you visibly over weight? when I recruited for the USMC we were not always "polite." if you were some dumb slob that came into our office lookin got join, we would scream at you to get the fuck out. the Navy and Army are a little more polite, they will even go so far as to "pretend" to do the enlistment process with you. I was buddies with the Navy recruiters at my one office, and they said it was because keeping people like that around was good PR and maybe they would tell their qualified friends etc. etc.

don't do the seals shit. it is a promotion they started back in 2005 to boost numbers. sure, you will get a "contract" and sure you will go to "training," but you don't meet the minimum enlistment time/rank requirments to actually join a SEAL team. so they will stick you on a ship somewhere for the next 2 years while you bust rust and then if a slot opens up you do have dibs, but you have to be re-evaluated and possibly have to do the training all over again.

I was in DEP for a year before I got a JOGSENG contract. I can tell you that if you want an easy life in the Navy, become a CS. If you want to work your ass off be a part of engineering, deck, flight crews, etc. Never be a Mineman unless you want to spend all your time in the middle east. If I had to do it all over again, I would be a CS.

Naw, I'm a perfectly healthy dude, I play soccer alot and am visibly slim. There's no physical aspect about me that I would think would prevent me from joining.

Thanks for the advice.

well, then hard to say. 3 weeks isn't that long tbh, but take it with a grain of salt. any kind of mental health issues make it tough to get in, which is why most recruiters end up just telling you to lie about it.

If anything, I've grown from my add, as its statistivcally proven that boys can. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with me.

All mil sucks, I'm in the navy...dont do it.
Keeping it short and sweet for you

Ooowwwwhhhh DEP! Youre a REAL bag of information

I'ma need more of a sell than that my friend.

Google it faggot.

Trust me dude, every day is just a retarded logistic nightmare dealing with retarded ass lpos and chiefs prioritising stupidity