Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with this record? It's a beautiful album...

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with this record? It's a beautiful album, but I don't understand what makes it so memeworthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!EWgw2TZY!0hoY2PMO7uKVBFnUPDjbkFWD-N2KD9jZYAJIlA0zts8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's shit but not shit enough

It's not the album itself, but the people and culture around it

holyyy shit. I thought her head was a potato for the longest time. It's a drum. A FUCKING DRUm

t. waifuless

it has quotable lyrics (aka fantastic songwriting), jeff mangum is a pretty interesting guy (really the whole elephant six group is a unique bunch), the album/band was huge in the indie community (inspiring tons of artists, though much of its acclaim is in retrospect), and it’s been a part of board culture forever at this point

It inspired THE DECEMBERISTS

recommended reading for OP and others curious about the album’s history/context and how it got its status

you forgot the cover

pls upload

how would i even do that, i own the book but that shit would take so long

The lyrics are very unique. I don't think I've ever been grabbed by an album's lyrics quite like when I listened to this thing for the first time.

it's so close
but so far

I really like the energy and the vocals.
Also, horns

I actually have the pdf (got it from the mangum box 2.4) but am a dirty phoneposter at the moment

Do you happen to also have the Throbbing Gristle one? I'm mostly curious as to how good it is.

Over the past 4 years I've gotten to know all of its lyrics. Which are really odd, yet fitting for the album.

It became a meta meme. Once that happens, it's a never ending downward spiral.

mega.nz/#!EWgw2TZY!0hoY2PMO7uKVBFnUPDjbkFWD-N2KD9jZYAJIlA0zts8

I don't.

Huh.

I've always seen it as a coconut.

it's a cheese wheel morons

CESAAAAAAAAAAAR

>critically acclaimed
>jeff's vocals
>I LOOOVE YOU JEEEESUSCHRIIIIIIIIST

this

thanks man

Thanks yo

P4K gave it a 10

came here to post this. if something gets spammed on Sup Forums, especially for years on end, the reason is Pitchfork attached a particular number to it