Gilmore Girls revival in a few weeks

Thoughts?

Both of them would get it.

If you meant the show, no fucking idea. Never watched it, never will.

It's really good. I recommend it.

Your loss

Great show, I had a half chub the entire time

>Never watched it, never will.
What are you gay

Really? Is it not kinda past it now, set in the late 90s / early 00s or whatever? Like trying to watch Dawson's Creek or something now?

That being said, it is on Netflix so might be worth a shot - what's it actually about?

Looking forward to it.
Every Autumn I get the urge to get comfy and watch GG and LOTR.
I really hope it's not all references to itself and inside jokes though

Shame she turned out the way she did, she was a comfy character.
>what's it actually about?
/comfy/

Not really, the show's very well written and pretty timeless.
It's about everything in life, especially how parents can fuck up/redeem themselves, idk read the netflix description.

paris best character

It'll be sad with no Richard around. He was one of the best characters Especially because he promised to let Emily die first. I hope they call back to this in the revival somehow even though it'll rip my heart.

i hate these two cunts and their quirky machinegun quips uttered with their shitty retarded girlyXD voices.

it is comfy and the originality is that, since it is on the side of women, you have no swearing while telling the usual romanticized slices of life of westerners

you have three stories
-the daughter Rory and her love life, her student life
-the middle class mother and her love life
-the bourgeois grandparents
-the life of the small WASP village

you can skip any scene about the peasants, nearly each scene with the mom (because she is the child who think she is cute whereas just being irritating) and stick to Rory and the grandparents.

It's about the ups and downs of the familial relationships in three generations of a semi elite family (The Gilmores) and all of the friends they make along the way. It has drama but it never gets too dark and conflicts tend to get resolved in a satisfying way. Definitely one of the comfiest shows ever made. Solid writing, fun dialogue, well developed characters.

Fuck...makes me wish I'd seen it when it originally aired (although I dunno if it showed in the UK).

Yeah, don't listen to this guy. There's nothing unenjoyable about this show for the most part and every character has something to offer.

Except Anna Nardini, but everyone hates that bitch.

It must have, It's how I watched it.

>you now realize that Alexis Bledel is Mexican

I hope they both get BBC'd this time

Spanish is also her first language. Her race it's irrelevant to me, but she is a white Mexican, not Indigenous or mixed. Although she identifies as a Latina.

>Sup Forums
>television and film

Of course. Did anyone really think a white girl could have an ass that fat?

>Her paternal grandfather, Enrique Einar Bledel Huus, was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and was of Danish and distant German descent

>Bledel's paternal grandmother, Jean (née Campbell), was originally from New York, and had Scottish and English ancestry.

And has there ever been anyone who didn't like Luke?

Depressing garbage

I would definitely say that you should watch the first three seasons at least. They are really, really great. After that the show starts sliding down a pretty slippery slope. Season 4 has a good second half but after that the show becomes extremely hit or miss and season 6 and 7 are borderline unwatchable.

The show is an extremely utopian vision of what small town America could be like. Incredibly detached from reality in a way that is rather soothing and charming. It's also very well-written and the first few seasons in particular are notably pop culture literate with a plethora of witticisms riffing on books, music, films, etc.

Watch the first 3 seasons.

>-the middle class mother and her love life
U wot m8?
Her storyline is mostly about making it on her own, most of the time she's thinking about work, not men.
Also nice trips

Roger!

interesting.

>rory turning into everything that she and her mother hated
>lorelai being a cunt to her mother for no reason
>same as her behaviour to rory's father
>my parents want me to have a good future
>reeeeee
>my bf who got me prego wants to be with me and marry me
>reee
>I'm an independent woman who can take care of herself except for money related stuff lemme ask my mommy for help
And what was that whole coffee thing?
>being a coffee addict only getting a spoon full of coffee at luke's
Them eating constantly must've been written by fat script writers wishing to be thin and also eat all the time

This pretty much. I'm staying getting my way through season 6 right now and it has its moments, but the first three seasons were the best.

But I can't count out the later sessions if only because I get to see Jess' character development. Although he literally did nothing wrong in the first place, but he's finally happy and realizes he deserves better than Rory in season 6 which was nice.

The dialogue in this is so fucking terrible. What the fuck is this shit? Nobody talks like that

>Rorie working for Obama
So she is doing what now professionally?

>grandparents
Who cares?

The Jess moments are basically the only bright moments of Season 6. I think one of the main drags of the show is just that a lot of the main characters become more unlikable as the show goes along. Not to say Rory was always the most wonderful character in the world, given her self-absorption, but she was at least likable in the early seasons. By season 6 I basically start applauding every setback she experiences. The whole show just becomes so whiny and hard to stomach. Especially plotlines like Chris inheriting millions which turns him into a "great" guy. The show's Republican values get pushed into overdrive in those final seasons.

Based on the trailers she's in post quarter life crisis.

I never understand how people can criticize the show on that basis. Why on earth should the dialog of a television show sound like how regular people speak? It is not supposed to sound like the speech patterns of regular people. It is an entirely fanciful world that bears almost no resemblance to any reality.

Her parents are white too. That was just the explanation for why she and her parents identify as Latinos. She's done some charity work for poor South American kids too.

There was a still floating around on the internet that suggested she has spent at least some time as a teacher.

Okay real question: did the writers fuck up by making the first time for Rory as an affair?

No. The entire point of that extraordinarily awkward first half of season 5 is to show the difficult struggle that transitioning from a teenager to an adult can be for some people. Rory should be at this point, after starting school at Yale, be moving on in her life, seeking out more mature relationships. Instead she regresses and returns to a past flame, one of the most juvenile, irresponsible things someone can do. What ensues is a comically over-the-top depiction of Rory and Dean as flailing about, barely rising above the level of teenagers. Their frequent scenes spent making out in Dean's bedroom at his mom's house are incredibly embarrassing for a purpose.

I think it worked.

Paris and Logan end up losing their inheritance though right? And Logan BTFO Rory for looking down on "trust fund" kids even though her grandparents and daddy paid her tuition since she was 16. I think the show demonstrates different lines of thinking when it comes to this. It's funny though success the underlying moral is "money isn't everything but it also kind of is", but it's been that way since the first episode in my opinion.

i know it's going to be horrible but i'm still holding out hope

What? Of course it is supposed to be real people in the real world. It isnt some sci-fi fantasy world with robots that talk completely unnatural and sound like every line is scripted

I honestly haven't watched season 6 and 7 in many years so I can't remember exactly how events end up.

And yeah, I do agree that mentality is there from the beginning but I think the show becomes increasingly rigid as it goes along. The transition from Jess, who is tossed out as an outcast until his slight redemption much later on, to Logan, the extraordinarily cocky, arrogant douchebag who loves parading his money around, seems as though it pushes further into that money adoration that is present from the show's beginning. I have a hard time buying Rory's transition from a dude who cares about literature above all else to an asshole who impresses her with rooftop dinners. Cheapens the show for me at least.

i bet this new series will be chockfull of niggers and other liberal shit

You sound as though you have incredibly little experience with movies and tv shows. The show is meant to evoke a fantastical impression of the world. A utopian vision of a small town charming slice of America.

Have you ever watched any movies from Golden age Hollywood? Have you ever read any Shakespeare? Or really have you ever read a book that wasn't from the YA section? Movies, tv shows, books, albums, all can express particular voices that are not shared by the person creating them.

You sound very dim.

You're not alone. Logan absolutely ruins the show and Rory's character.

The second they introduce him as a love interest is when you know you're on the slow slide down in quality.

Emily is best Gilmore

>>You're not alone. Logan absolutely ruins the show and Rory's character.
but Logan is fine
They just do not discuss books in the episodes, but they still do it.

Why does Kirk have such a weird looking body, it was never explained in the show.

I'd throw a fuck into her.

Kirk is the typical skinny fat

spot on.

Pectus Excavatum

calm down with the assumption there, mate.

I probably have written more books and saw more movies than you.

The dialogue is fucking horrible and whoever writes it and whoever choses to make them act it out in the way has no idea what they are doing.

I'm the one who wrote but I agree. Logan is a bore and has nothing to offer Rory except his money. When he has no money anymore, there's nothing else interesting about him. He has no hobbies besides drinking, having meaningless sex, and mopping about his supposedly terrible life. When Rory dropped out of Yale he didn't even care. It was Jess who kicked her into shape and made her believe in herself again. Not that I'm saying I want her to get with Jess, I'd be okay with it if it happens, but he deserves better than her.

>its supposed to be shitty
cool

It's just your opinion. I'd respect you more if you stopped treating your opinion as fact.

>comparing the super cringeworthy writing of fucking gilmore girls to shakespeare

People like you shouldnt be allowed to post here. Just fucking kys you pleb

Who would you want to humiliate you?
>Paris or Emily. Paris has a slight edge because Emily would still be too uptight to do bad things

It's just escapism, friendo. It's like how everyone in the Whedon-verse is a quip master. I can't blame you or anyone for not liking it, but you shouldn't hate on it for being "unrealistic." It's not meant to be realistic.

You got an F for reading comprehension

I see Gilmore Girls like a play. The acting and dialogue are over the top like a stage play and most scenes are dialogue heavy and long, with no cuts.

klinefelters

Is he gay?

nope.
Dont even try to backpedal

I didn't even write that post. The guy isn't saying that gilmore girls is the same quality as shakespeare. He is saying that they share the same feature of unrealistic, romanticized dialogue. You must be a real idiot if you thought he was suggesting something else.

Mother anal, then daughter mouth, then switch, then vomit play

Well, I just think it is completely unnatural. It completely breaks my suspension of disbelief. The way how quickly they exchange those thought out lines and how they always say the right thing. Doesnt feel like anybody would ever talk that way, especially not in a mother-daighter relationship. I guess it is just polarising.

Holy fuck. He literally compared it to shakespeare. Nice reading comprehension.
Please quote me, where I said "same quality"

It's supposed to be like that, it's not supposed to be realistic. Everyone in the GG universe is extremely smart and they all process information quickly so they all talk fast.

I feel the same way about the whedon quips. You either sit back and enjoy the dialogue or you let it get to you and you hate it. It's some top-tier escapism though, if you can get into it.

Then you're getting upset because the guy said something which is beyond doubt factual and impossible to argue against. They both share that same feature. It's just a fact. Why would you get upset about him saying a fact that helped support his case?

It doesn't make any sense.

>Gilmoreddit Girls

Yeah, I understand that and I think I hate it for exactly the same reasons you like it. Can kind of understand the appeal, but its just not for me. not at all

>comparing gilmore girls to shakespeare and golden age era cinema is completely reasonable
>my opinion is a fact and impossible to argue against
You are once again confirming that you are a pleb that shouldnt be allowed to post here

Are you actually trying to say that they don't both have unrealistic and romanticized writing? I would like to see you make that argument.

>capeshit is like shakespeare, because there are villains in both of them

Shakespeare does share the storytelling feature of villains with capeshit. This is also true.

see

Sebastien Bach is in it later on

Why are you acting like modern writing isn't influenced by and can't be compared to Shakespeare in any way?

Influenced, of course.
And it can be compared if you want to sound like a huge pleb, that doesnt know what he is talkong about, sure

Namecalling isn't an argument. Explain specifically why the comparison makes you a pleb or shut up.

Just French.

See, if you don't get it yet, the point of the original statement was to say that unrealistic and romanticized writing is not bad per se. Many great writers have had unrealistic and romanticized writing, including shakespeare and writers during the golden age of hollywood. The implication here is that this style of writing can be really great, or it can be really bad, and you can't just dismiss it because it's the style of writing being used.

That's another thing which is just true. There aren't many writing techniques which are just "bad." Most of them are just like this style of dialogue, where they can be good or bad. The original poster wasn't trying to say that shakespeare and gilmore girls do unrealistic dialogue equally as well, they were just trying to say that you shouldn't dismiss unrealistic dialogue because there are many examples of it being used in great works.

You can recognize all of that and still argue that gilmore girls does their dialogue in a shit way and that the approach they take is distracting and stupid. I can see that point of view.

Shakespeare is one of the most influancial and arguably greatest writers there is. Comparing him to some untalented hack who writes shitty memeshows by some arbitarily chosen metric is retarded. You can compare anything to anything when focusing on a single aspect, as I demonstrated with the capeshit example. You also come across like you just want to namedrop shakespeare to sound sophisticated.

I see. So you're just trying to sound smart with no real argument to back it up.

And I'm not the user who "namedropped" Shakespeare. It wasn't them making a huge deal out of his name being mentioned or trying too hard to seem sophisticated either, it's you.

not an argument

I'm the one who told you to provide an example and all you did was call Gilmore Girls a meme show. You're the one making the claims here so you should back them up with actual arguments.

But I did. I explained why comparing completely different things by arbitarily chosen metric is dumb. I gave an example for this that illustrates my point.
Sticking your fingers in your ears and claiming I dint make an argument is simply cheap dodging and once again confirms that you are a pleb that is unable to discuss cinema/literary

Has there been any show that Netflix "brought back" that wasn't absolute garbage and past its prime?
>TPB
>Fuller House
>Arrested Development
I have no hopes for it

Are you going to keep making vague, weak arguments or will you actually respond to Why you gotta shit up a comfy thread anyway?

Is that what they're calling it now.

>vague, weak arguments
Yeah, so sticking fingers in your ears it is. Nice how you are unable to respond to those weak arguments

how does a beaner get eyes that fucking blue and piercing

did any of them had a black boyfriend in the previous seasons? just tell me so i can boycott this show