True Dectective

So just finished Season 1. Is season 2 worth it? I heard it's a completely different story/cast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_AyMkoyiFM
youtube.com/watch?v=wYkpUOB6nro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its twice as good as season 1. Don't let Sup Forums fool you with their meme BULLSHIT

No it's shit

It is. And it's terrible.

S1 was about the occult ritual murder society of nepotist priest/politicians with the bonus of a non-linear story line focused on the relationship of Rust and Marty.

Since I dont want to spoil S2:

Its more about actual detective work in the context of plot. S1 often would tell us about the 2 main characters, while S2 is entirely about detective work in a much more complex web of characters, motives and sub-plots.

S2 is simply "bigger", while S1 is all about Rust and marty.

As much as I liked Season 1 - this actually sounds pretty good. Sold, thanks user.

S2 is bigger without the ability to handle something bigger. I honestly didn't care about any character or part of the story by the end. Some cringe worthy dialogue and acting definitely contributed, but overall it just felt shallow somehow.

You make it sound intriguing when in reality it was mediocre and often just plain bad.

>Its more about actual detective work in the context of plot. S1 often would tell us about the 2 main characters, while S2 is entirely about detective work in a much more complex web of characters, motives and sub-plots.

You make it sound good, it was not.

It has some good things about it. Watch it, there will be some things you will like in it.

S2 wasn't as great as S1. The central investigation is kind of retarded in how its dragged out and concluded, but the characters are just as good as the one's in S1, though redditors will try to tell you otherwise.

Season 2 is pure Kino.

Highly stylized, raw masculinity. Colin Farell at the peak of his ability. Taylor Kitsch in the only good role he's over had. Rachel McAddams as a big cock lover. Vince Vaughn as the ultimate fish out of water (both in and out of story). Great visuals. Intriguing plot to say the least.

Some prefer season 1, and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but they're wrong.

It has a few bad moments, but nothing worse than the green paint ears from season 1.

Judge for yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=k_AyMkoyiFM

I think it's shit

Seeing as how you just got around to s1, it's very likely you are a full pleb.
Go ahead and watch s2 and if you don't recognize the true fact that it's vastly superior to s1(and really every other season/series ever except Fargo s2) then you'll know you just aren't meant to voice your subhuman opinion again.

Detective work? They do ZERO detective work in TD2. They go from place to place and wander around then listen to the masterplan of the bad guys through an open window. It's llike Scooby-doo.

Did you really need to shitpost in an otherwise useful discussion?

It's not good

The basic idea is that everything is more grand. There is no mystery shit going on, it's just about "le epic plot twists" and a bunch of corrupt people working with criminals.

Problem is that fuck all actually happens, the two best characters in the series get terrible endings, and it just has too many plot points going on for its own good. Since it stars 4 main characters instead of Rusty and Marty you have

-The overarching plot about this "mystery muder" and all the shit connected to it
-The individual stories of each character, and then the sideplots related to all of them

The end result is a season with terrible pacing and episodes that scramble to make everything cohesive. Just don't even bother watching it, there's nothing even remotely entertaining about it

season 2 is absolute shit. i can't think of a bigger drop off in quality between the first and second season of any other show

Heroes? Or was that 2 to 3?

That's not a shitpost, it's objective fact. It's not my fault some aren't born with taste.

Season 2 was originally supposed to be about the "secret occult history of the United States transportation system". My guess was that it was going to delve deeper into the occult than Season 1, maybe even tip toe into the realms of the Bohemian Grove, Eyes Wide Shut territory. This was one of the first details Pizzalotta said about season 2. Caspere's murder was going to be satanic in nature, his body was to be found covered in satanic markings carved into his skin. This was never mentioned again until suddenly, like a month before the season premiered, Pizzalotta just said that they weren't going to do the occult thing anymore. That was it, no explanation, no nothing, just "we're not going to be going into the occult stuff like season 2".

I believe he flew too close to the sun. Look at the stuff thats come out recently involving the Clintons, Podesta, spirit cooking and the Hollywood elite. Someone at HBO, possibly even higher up, put their foot down and Pizzalotta received pictures in the mail of his daughters sleeping, or something like that. I'd even be willing to venture a bet that Fukunaga resisted and wanted to stick with the occult shit, but he was fired, and then it was spun that they had a massive fight and falling out. And then there was the whole smear story about how the director character in season 2 was supposed to be Fukunaga and it was supposed to be a slap in the face from Pizza.

I don't think so. I do, however, think that there was a character in the second season who was supposed to be Fukunaga. And I believe Pizza showed us what happened to him. The journalist in episode one, who looks a lot like Fuka, right down to the man bun hair style and the way they dress. He was visited by some enforcer and had the shit beaten out of him.

cont.

I never saw heroes so I have no idea

And then there is the aggressive press campaign against season 2. Every reviewer hated it, everyone had to hate it, everyone had to mock it. People were hate watching it, it was like some sick masochistic fetish where the more they watched, the more they hated it, but they had to watch it, couldn't look away, and they had to mock and hate and tarnish every thing about it. Hit piece after hit piece. I've never really seen anything like it. Season 2 was relentlessly, ruthlessly attacked in every single way, so that no one ever could seriously claim it was "good" without being laughed at for being some kind of idiot.

It had no chance at all, these people were frothing at the mouth, rabid with anger, relished every opportunity to knock it down and snigger at it. It was a total and complete assassination in every way possible.

Season 2 isnt' as good as 1, BUT in about 20 years from now it's going to be looked back on very fondly.

It'll be one of those things that ages well. People mostly hate it because of the stark difference between it and season 1.

It sucks but watch it anyway

This is my unironic opinion.

>secret occult history of the United States transportation system
stopped there

it was a joke you tinfoil autist

youtube.com/watch?v=wYkpUOB6nro

Why would it be a joke you faggot?

>Look at the stuff thats come out recently involving the Clintons, Podesta, spirit cooking and the Hollywood elite.

wtf? are you completely fucking retarded? do you even know who Marina Abramovic is?

because only people like you think that a show about the occult history of the American transportation system is a good idea

season 2 was fine aside from that god awful shootout in episode 4

Depends on what your reaction to ogf was after drive

What are you smoking
Good thing tds2 isnt that
This

Go watch Sicario instead.

This, season 2 blew my mind with the new characters.
I think 1 had been something special but 2 has eclipsed it in every way possible.

Would you watch a season 3 if it had daniel day lewis and denzel washington