HAPPENING: Refugees to have own team at Rio Olympics

>Team of 10 refugees, including Syrian swimmers and DRC judokas, to compete at this summer's Olympic Games in Brazil.

> 10-strong refugee team is to compete at the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro later this year as "a symbol of hope," the International Olympic Committee (IOC) said.

>"These refugees have no home, no team, no flag, no national anthem. We will offer them a home in the Olympic Village together with all the athletes of the world," IOC President Thomas Bach said on Friday following an executive board meeting in Lausanne, Switzerland.

>Selected from 43 possible candidates, there are two Syrian swimmers, two judokas from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and six runners from Ethiopia and South Sudan in the refugee team.

>"They all fled violence and persecution in their countries and sought refuge in places as wide-ranging as Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Kenya and Brazil," UNHCR said in a statement.

"The initiative to send a refugee team to the Rio Games is unprecedented and sends a strong message of support and hope for refugees worldwide."

What did they mean by this?
aljazeera.com/news/2016/06/refugees-team-rio-olympics-160603132552404.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wow...really makes you think

Oh boy. 10€ says they're complete shit and whoever beats them will be called a bigot.

>Olympic athletes

Why the fuck aren't they fighting for their homeland? They care nothing of Syria.

Do those countries not have their own teams? Why can they not compete as part of them. If they've been granted citizenship as part of raping their way into a gibsmedat country, why are they then not on their team instead?

inb4 they murder some of the other athletes over a petty difference.

EUROPE YES

youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

but you don't understand, user; they are all quintessentially British, German, Swedish, French, whatever now :^)

>Syrian swimmers

Yeah, they had a crash curse, selected from 10.000 others :)

There is a reason why ISIS is occupying two countries with only 20 000 men.

now we can make idiocracy 2

>"They all fled violence and persecution"

Wakka wakka! :D

What if they drown in the Mediterranean

welp guess i won't be watching the Olympics

>refugees
>congo
>ehtiopia
>south sudan
>REFUGEES

JUST

lel

>There goes the flag of the drawning brat

They should send chicanos to that team too since they can't decide if they're mexican or american.

>*drowning

Economic refugees are as much refugees as war refugees.

Munich 2.0

There's a legit civil war in South Sudan, though

Hope the syrian swimmers literally drown in phelps wake.

>Economic refugees
Looks like everything is a reason for fleeing nowadays.
>my lightbulb broke
>fuck it, i'm going to canada

The post I quotes was deleted but it said something like:
>LIVE
>ZIKA
>CARRIER
>CONTAINERS

>no home, no team, no flag, no national anthem

Sound more like terrorists than an Olympic team tbqh

>inb4 they akbar eachother

I had higher hopes for my county's team

As much as they need to go back to their nignog shitholes if you actually don't think there's war in the congo and south sudan you're a dumb nigger

in what form of sport do they engage in?
Raping as many women as possible in 3 minutes?

>mfw the rapefugees start crying racism and Islamophobia at the actual refugees

>mfw Merkel carpet bombs the Congo for intolerance

80% of the athletes are African.

>have no home
Ahahahaahaha you mean the one they abandoned?