Is this the best space show ever?

genuinely impressed at the perspectives explored in this show

Why couldn't Moriarty leave the holodeck in Elementary Dear Data when holodeck matter water in Wesley's shirt could leave in Encounter at Farpoint

you've been obsessively waiting for a chance to ask this

You should watch ship in a bottle it would probably interest you

not even the best star trek

that holodeck water was real replicator water

Go to bed nick bostrom

Holodeck matter CAN exit the holodeck but it decays quickly. Moriarty and Picard have a whole conversation about maybe one day making upgrades to the ship to bring Moriarty back permanently. You weren't even paying attention, faggot.

some say humans are only ugly bags of mostly water

I dont have to pay careful attention, youre not my dad

I really didn't enjoy this. Kept watching it wondering when it would be good. It never happened for me.
Think the Hubble images are more interesting.

But I still fuck your mom.

Holodecks also have replicator arrays

Thats why you can make a bar in a holodeck and serve real drinks. Items it thinks people will be interacting with in complicated ways (weapons, musical instruments, consumables, clothing, etc.) get replicated but others (tables, doors, walls, etc.) are made with the holo-emitters

I would like to reenact Leaving Las Vegas in a holodeck using real alcohol with safety protocols disengaged

Yeah but when they end program everything just does the holodeck thing where it all disappears into the black and yellow grid. If stuff was replicated and real, it would need to have the dematerializing sound of either the transporter or the replicator when you out the dishes away, and it would take longer.

It was a very good show.

Firefly was better.

The show really took a hit when they brought back Beverly Crusher but it's still my favorite Trek

inb4 ds9 fags fuck the thread up

But where are the sexy alien babes?

I got that reference.

The soufflé will either rise or it won't.

Battlestar Galactica is a better space show

Why are Federation phaser rifles so shitty looking?

You watched Star Trek wrong. Learn to IDIC.

No. It was just randomness and forced drama.

>WESLEY: I was chasing a ball and I fell into that. I'm really sorry!
>MEDIATOR: You admit you did that? Freely?
>WESLEY: I'm with Starfleet. We don't lie.
>RIKER: It won't happen again. We apologise.
>MEDIATOR: We're sorry, too. But that changes nothing.
>(Tasha and Worf arrive)
>TASHA: Careful, Commander. They've got some strange laws here.
>RIKER: I thought you reviewed their laws.
>TASHA: But they listed nothing about punishment.
Nice review, Tasha. Only one punishment and in your "review" of their legal system you failed to detect it.

I heard secrets

I honestly prefer the original series, at least that one had more likable and memorable characters, and more focus on action and adventure. Both series were corny as shit though.

You just perfectly summed up Firefly right there.

Firefly was also overrated as fuck.

>best space show ever
It's funny to me that you think that

If my memory of this episode serves (no, I can't be bothered to google) wasn't the law that there was one designated square foot of ground, which changed each day, that was illegal to step foot in? Am I remembering it wrong or is that stupidest law ever?

We're only going to have one law on our planet and it's not "Don't kill" or "Don't steal", it's "Don't stand in the ever designated zone"

What the fuck writers

you're now aware tasha had all her competence raped out of her

I think it was only one square mile was policed and no one knew which or something. Wesley got unlucky either way yoloing into those plants.

underrated

Captain, tell me about your sexual organs.

Use the Force, Wolf. It's in your Vulcan blood.

>it's a b'elanna shows off her feet episode

Man this episode made me feel like I was watching ds9 again. Actually pretty good.

IT'S NOT LINEAR

Because they were designed by a bunch of hippies

No.

It's certainly the comfiest space show ever.

When I first started watching it, the beige, grey, and woodgrain of the Enterprise-D put me to sleep - only after getting through those dull first two seasons did I come to see that for the blessing that it truly is.

>WATCH IT, PICARD