PTA

What does Sup Forums think the Paul Thomas Anderson film is (besides There Will Be Blood).
Give a reason as to why you think so.

PTA? I hardly knew ye

Punch Drunk Love is fantastic

Also

Sydney = TCD
Late Registration = Boogie Nights
Graduation = Magnolia
808s = Punch Drunk Love
There Will Be Blood = MBDTF
The Master = Yeezus
Inherent Vice = TLOP

>only one film with Adam Sandler

he's wasting his talent

w-what

you = gay

I've see all PTA's films except for that one, simply because of Sandler.

the master was his best film. why? because phoenix/hoffman had a better dynamic than day-lewis/dano. there. I said it.

It's literally the only good Sandler movie

Hes getting better, I'm not really a fan of his early stuff, but The Master was astounding albeit flawed, and Inherent Vice is one of my favorite films

punch drunk love is his best movie

I'm not sure why but I have a hard time getting engrossed in his films. It's like a can't connect with them somehow. Really strange.

it's sandler's best role, he's actually impressive in it. he plays an autistic sperg but none of that shitty sandler humor is in it.

go watch it, you'll be surprised.

Sandler doesn't deserve all the hate he gets. Everyone has a soft spot for at least one of his films. At the very least, he had a unique and fresh approach to comedy.

Even including TWBB, his best film is The Master, there will be blood and punch drunk love often duke it out for second in my mind

magnolia was good tho

Sounds like a case of PIG FUCK

great movie

and then..... suddenly........frogs

But dude. you don't get it. its sposed to be biblical and stuff. so much art.

consider deleting your post

he just had no clue how to end it

it's a perfect movie up until that point

That is the point of the film. All of the characters are fleeing from their own issues and feel that they are the cause for their fuck ups and failures, burying themselves in delusions (Donnie), drugs (Cocaine Chick), work (Show Host), ego (Tom Cruise), and other examples. And the act of raining frogs is an cataclysmic event that changes each character's understanding. As the kid in the library puts it, "It's raining frogs. This is something that happens."

dumb post. also learn to format

yeah I just loved the overwrought group singalong, really made me think.

there are a million different ways he could have the same cataclysmic event without raining fucking frogs

its stupid

Okay.

What the fuck are you even trying to say and why the fuck can't you keep your list correctly sorted?

The Master is my favorite PTA film because I connect with the characters on a very personal, emotional level. The relationship between Hoffman and Phoenix was a top notch performance. Friendship and enmity. It was a very realistic, heartfelt portrayal of a relationship between two people who platonically loved and needed each other, but was destined to fail.

To put it in simple terms, it was like PTA's
"The Fox and the Hound". It also has strong elements of my favorite novel by Hermman Hesse, "Narcissus and Goldmund".

im the complete opposite, i felt absolutely no connection to any of the characters in that movie. they were all way too weird and eccentric for me to relate to any of them

Nothing wrong with that. Just because a film is well crafted, doesn't mean you will connect with it or enjoy it. That's how I felt about "There Will Be Blood".

I related to pic related