How long can an adult human stay awake with no serious ramifications?

How long can an adult human stay awake with no serious ramifications?

I got up for work at 6 a.m. on Friday and I haven't gone to bed or had an eyeful of sleep since.
That's about 42.5 hours I've been awake and though I don't want to go to sleep I'm worried that I may be fucking myself up somehow.

Anyone have any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fkh1iv2JoOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

smoke weed and sleep. lack of sleep will fuck you up in the head

I've been on a constant cocktail of Adderall and hydrocodone - that's how I've managed to stay awake and alert.

I don't really know how to explain it, but I'm afraid to go to sleep. I know nothing's going to happen to me, and I don't feel like something would happen, but for lack of a better explanation I'm just afraid to sleep.

That's what the adderall will do, makes you paranoid. Go sleep. And if you do fall asleep, dont get up after an hour, or you'll hallucinate.

it's probably the anxiety from the adderall. That shit is really really bad. Don't get me wrong, I like to have fun with it, but it can easily be abused and mess up your head. You're likely feeling anxiety/paranoia from the adderall. I'm not a doctor, but i've been there myself. Just slowly wein yourself off it, and smoke weed at night to sleep. Slowly you'll get back to "normal." And I think because you're posting this on her, you want to get back to that normal feeling

your paranoid because you havent slept, if u go into day 3 ull start thinking irrationally and have mild hallucinations. get some rest

There was that one guy in the radio in the 40s maybe who did a stunt like that, stayed up for days, I think nearly a week. I forget how it resolved, but he was fucked in the head for the rest of this life. Staying up for even one REALLY REALLY long period of time can permanently mess with your noodle. Like, in a way everybody you will ever interact with ever again will notice.

Stop looking at your computer screen, or at least put the night-light on. Go read a good comfy book. You could even put on soft music or a podcast or something and just close your eyes and listen.

I'm actually prescribe the adderal. The antidepressant I'm on make me crazy tired.

But since there's such a strong consensus I'll take you all's advice and just have a quick shower and go to sleep.

Thanks guys

I think the longest anyone has gone has been 11 days so you're probably fine

I've done 3 days straight and while I kind of hallucinated towards the end of it I was ok. Slept for almost 24 hours afterwards though. If it goes on any longer than that I would consider seeing a doctor.

I Did a stint of 63 hours a few years ago.... after 40+ hours you will start to hallucinate, your subconscious will blend with the conscious and you will have a hard time doing what you want....your brain willl be one soup of thoughts that have nothing to do with what youre doing and where you are.....

I used to tweek pretty hard and this happened to everyone I knew. The fearing sleep is brutal, just practice some stipid meditation techniques and drift off, it's hard but fuck it's worth.

Definitely don't miss that fear

I did 13 1/2 at the height of my meth career.

For a more recent experiment Dr. Michael Mosely (UK) did it for one of his tv specials. Pretty interesting episode.

Something bad will probably happen if you fall asleep. Maybe your neurons have become so desensitized that when the adderral and hydrocodone wear off, your heart will stop. It’s best to stay awake for as long as you can and keep us posted on how it’s going every once in a while.

About 60 hours max and you'll start to deteriorate in health exponentially, something like 90 you will just keep over dead lol. 48 hours is enough that when you're off, you need to lie you're ads in bed and not move an Inch regardless of scratching or getting comfy or anything, cuz you'll start to have real health problems on top of being a useless warm body at work. Might as well have the flu

I just woke up from a crash after 3 days of being on meth. I started to get chills and kept thinking i was hearing people calling my name before I finally smoked weed and passed out. I'm not sure how similar adderall is to meth, but I would say just don't exceed 3 days.

When I was a senior in college I took a course on screenwriting. There were about a dozen writing projects over the semester, but the main goal of the course was for everyone to write a competent, feature length screenplay by the end of the semester (~100-120 pages).

I got mad writer's block around page 40 and I didn't get over it until the week before the assignment was due. I stayed up for four days straight. By the end of day two I was irritable, by the end of day three I was starting to experience auditory and visual hallucinations, and I don't actually remember any of day four. I got it turned in, got an A at that, but I don't recommend it.

fap twice, maybe three times in a row

kenny vs spenny
youtu.be/fkh1iv2JoOg