Why is space exploration not at the top of our

society's priorities?

Space exploration is a lot more important than Lady Gaga, or spending money on hookers, or on war, or on Facebook shit etc.

With the EMDrive and other technologies being engineered, we could be exploring the galaxy if we only wanted.

Why isn't the Top national goal of all societies space exploration and science?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere
youtube.com/watch?v=NlXG0REiVzE
ibtimes.com/invisible-plasma-shield-which-protects-earth-radiation-discovered-7200-miles-above-1730214
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you say that, but we already know what's out there. It's a whole lotta nothing. It's not really worth spending lots of money to get out there. We should just wait until the world is unified by the god emperor of mankind, then we can go diddle aliens in space.

>It's a whole lotta nothing.
You know that there are hundreds of billions of solar systems out in just our galaxy with even more planets?

Humanity only does things when it has no other choice.

When automation makes unskilled labor obsolete, and the booming human population creates famine, disease, and poverty, then you will see humanity begin its push into space

Maybe with Trump things could speed up though

planets with lots of nothing, and it's just not financially feasible to go out and explore space in anything other than a little space camera with that shoots images back to us. The fact that we put a rover on Mars still amazes me, not because we can but because we did. There's literally nothing on Mars worth exploring that could benefit us. The more we try the more funding gets cut.

There's planets that are literally a big diamond.

t. Citizen of said planet

>planets with lots of nothing
And you know that how?

It is highly likely that there are millions of planets with life and oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere and liquid water in temperate zones with good comparable gravity to Earth. In our galaxy alone.

t. Martian

>EMDrive
Public consumption physics is for idiots.

Who said we arent traveling between the stars right now Germanbro?

We have your people to thank for these technologies which allow certain factions of the US govt to travel between the stars today, so thank you.

cause this planet is owned by someone and we do what they say, international bankers are their priesthood.

>Why isn't the Top national goal of all societies space exploration and science?

Profit and loss, people are working on it however while we need to make money the R&D for it will always be the extra bit we do once the bank has been made. These technologies are useful on the ground however the direct application is what will take time

I think we should explore the ocean before it.

Don't you know feelings and diversity are more important?

>planets with lots of nothing
>not harvesting the atmospheres of gas giants (or even the lunar regolith) for Helium-3
>the vast hydrocarbon world that is Titan
>trillions and trillions of rare metals in the form of asteroids ripe for mining
>not harvesting solar energy from Mercury
>not extract water from almost comets, dwarf planets like Ceres, several moons like Europa, Enceladus and Iapetus
>not slowly terraforming and colonising Mars on the loom of an everexpanding overpopulation of humans on earth
>not sending thousands of tiny probes powered by solar-sails to the stars

It's almost an endless list.

I don't care about things that we can't even fathom of how to travel to. Talking about going to the giant diamond planet is like a 4 year old talking about his 401k. We currently have other priorities here on mudball prime to take care of first

>I don't care about things that we can't even fathom of how to travel to
Just because you cannot fathom something doesnt make it impossible nor does it make it not real.

Not all of us on this website are brainless cretins.

You will soon user, soon

Why is space exploration more important than Lady Gaga?

>brainless cretin
found the fedora tipper

We evolved too individualistically. Should have been collectivists (and not the communist sense, I mean the ant hive sense).

>I don't care about things that we can't even fathom of how to travel to.

Hook up EMDrive, get in space craft, engage EMDrive, accelerate at 1g for 1 year, being close to light speed, fly 1712 light years to next beautiful star just within a fucking relativisitc time of 9 years (includes deceleration).

EMdrive is a fucking meme

>he doesnt know that we have the power to bring ET home today if we want to.

>EMDrive
NASA shill please go, some of us actually know that you guys are not only idiots but idiots meant to pull the wool over the eyes of the world.

GOTTA FEED DEM NIGGAS MAYNE
GOTTA SOOTHE DEM FEELINS, MAYNE
WE
WUZ
URF
PEEPULZ AND SHEEEIIIT

Because space doesn't exist. It's a myth propagated by the freemason run corporation called nasa. They want us to think we're a floating ball, millions of light years away from anything significant. Moon landing was a hoax too

Rarest

>believing NASA conspiracies
Muppet.

Retard alert.

because that means less money for the shitskins.

Whites were historically farmers, brains evolved to plan ahead long term.

Blacks were historically hunters, brains evolved to seek out the daily meal.

I fly to work on Janet, why would I ever believe anything that comes out of NASA when I know what their mandate is?

Have you ever been to one of them?

Like they say in Star Trek, space is the final frontier. Final as in it's what we'll do after we solve the pressing issues on Earth first.

Because niggers want that money to go to gibsmedats

It's true, come to the US and talk to pretty much any average black dude about NASA or anything, virtually every time they'll end up saying that the money from that should go to "the people" (ie nogs)

Minorities are the deathknell of our civilization

>Unknown

HOLY FUCKKKK

R A R E S T
A
R
E
S
T

because:

a) its expensive as hell and no one wants to pay for it

b) we don't have the resources to leave our solar system

c) its still gonna take a few decades before we have actually explored and researched our own solar system to be completely aware of whats in it.

d) we still have yet to locate any habitable plant in the milky way

Because we live in the bad future and Idiocracy is real. Which is actually a positive now, since humanity is such insufferable cancer it's better the filth doesn't leave the planet. I'll have to clean up the ones that already escaped later.

>a) its expensive as hell and no one wants to pay for it
The people of the US have been paying for it since the end of WWII. Our true space program is like the manhattan project in terms of scale, however this has been going on for over 60 years now instead of two.

>b) we don't have the resources to leave our solar system
We already have.

Because capitalism drives the current civilization and capitalism is only interested in material wealth. Space exploration is extremely expensive and may only be profitable in a very, very long run.
The most achievements were made during the Cold War era when superpowers had ideological interests and not just simply making money.

You realize that all these points are the reason why our society should make space exploration the TOP NATIONAL PRIORITY WORLDWIDE?

Hey if the EMDrive worked and was 100% soild and tested and could take people from point A to point B without any negative repercussions within a modern reasonable financial budget, I'm down. But I just don't think it's a good time to do it now. Maybe in 50 or 100 years at a minimum.

Because, without the USSR lighting a fire under our ass, we need dat money for dem programs for refugees and sheit.

Great, yet another conspiritard shillposter

>a modern reasonable financial budget

How about 10% of worldwide GDP per year, or about 6-7 trillion dollar?

the issue is, with technology that exists today, visiting 'space' is pretty useless.

>work on the tech before you burn trillions sending 2-3 people to planets that you know you can't live on for a zillion years

>fix problems on this planet instead.

MEXICAN INTELLECTUAL CONFIRMED FOR EXISTING.

>>work on the tech before you burn trillions sending 2-3 people to planets that you know you can't live on for a zillion years
>>fix problems on this planet instead.

Wrong, you need to do everything in parallel. Research, science, exploration, actual missions. You can't do "theoretical shit" all the time, this is what got us into the dead end which is LEO 1960s style space "exploration" in the first place.

>anything I dont understand is shillposting!
If you understand quantum chemistry or tensor calculus I could recommend you some books to read to better yourself Ahmed.

Are you that Inuit guy?

/thread

after the space race funding plummeted

>tensor calculus
Yes I do a maths degree right now.
You're still a paid shill designed to shitpost Sup Forums and associate us with moronic shit like aliums and flat earth

you are pants-on-head retarded

What do you want H3 for? Fusion that we don't have?

What are you going to do with solar energy on Mercury? Why do you need mercury to harvest solar?

Live on a planet covered in water, want to bring water comets over

Terraforming mars, when it doesn't have a magnetic field so all your atmosphere is going to evaporate away to space...

Sure, you've got an almost endless list.
Of useless things to burn trillions on using immature technology with no rational end game in sight.

but if you leave the planet goyim, how will you pay taxes and participate in consumerism?

We'll only be allowed in the Intergalactic Alliance if we get rid of our niggers and shitskins first.

Huh... I guess Mexican Intellectuals do exist.

>I don't care about things that we can't even fathom of how to travel to

spotted the woman who cant see 2 feet in front of her

>why build boats? theres nothing across the ocean!
>why build wagons? theres nothing beyond the 13 states!
>why try to achieve flight? theres nothing in the sky but air?

>Yes I do a maths degree right now.
You may want to work on your english skills Ahmed.

>You're still a paid shill designed to shitpost Sup Forums and associate us with moronic shit like aliums and flat earth
I never said a word about aliens or flat earth you retard. If you dont want to try to understand why you are wrong and why keeping people ignorant of the true capabilities of mankind is bad then there is no hope for you.

I bet you dont even understand how we utilize lattice assisted nuclear reactions to power things much less how energy gating based on geometry works.

Now go back to your public consumption science while I go back to working on things that your children can only dream of.

1- even if we don't figure out fusion helium has many many uses and is becoming scarce on earth

2- Lasers from afar can be used as a source of energy

3- Bringing water into space is incredibly expensive, it be much more cost effective to get it from space than bring it to space from earth

4- I agree with you on this one

Ya, but here's the problem, shit for brains.

This is like saying, if we could go back to 1917, that all the germans need to win ww2 is a nuclear bomb, and going straight into procurement and trying to buy nukes.

You need a foundation and build on that. Think of it as maslow's pyramid of tech.

Giant tanks of fuel and oxidizer launching a couple of people at mars or whatever don't get you close to using anything in the solar system except earth.

The tech isnt there. It isnt even close.

Go back to watching star trec

Helium is literally being vented into the atmosphere because its too cheap to harvest from the gas wells in the US. And most of its uses are recycleable, except party balloons and suicide tanks.

using lasers to move harvested solar energy from mercury to earth is simply not workable. Optical science isn't even close. The world isn't a scify novel.

Then stop being a liberal cuck you moron
Without 2 major sides in international politics trying to blow each other out, with technological advances, we won't do shit and just ask for money like gibsmedats.
We need USSR again, come on russkie bros, china is shit

>This is like saying, if we could go back to 1917, that all the germans need to win ww2 is a nuclear bomb, and going straight into procurement and trying to buy nukes.
The germans built and tested a bomb before the US, they also proved the US with detonators for their project and fissile material that allowed us to bomb japan in August instead of November as originally planned for.

>The tech isnt there. It isnt even close.
The tech is there, you just dont know about it.

Go read the first edition copies of Gabriel Kron then get back to me Ahmed. Oh wait you cant, as they arent in the UK and the only copy non govt employees have access to costs 1200 dollars to rent for two hours.

But please, go on telling me I am wrong, one of us works for LMT and it isnt you.

>proved
provided is what that should have said.

>What do you want H3 for? Fusion that we don't have?

well eventually get to it

>What are you going to do with solar energy on Mercury? Why do you need mercury to harvest solar?

i think he meant the sun, like a dyson sphere

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere

harvesting the suns solar energy

>Live on a planet covered in water, want to bring water comets over

theres plenty of planets that have the components for life but no water, aka we could bring the water to them

>Terraforming mars, when it doesn't have a magnetic field so all your atmosphere is going to evaporate away to space...

we have the tech now to get it going, and it took a few hundred million years to get Mars atmosphere to evaporate and it still has some today
heres a question for you. What else is there to do?

forever support the welfare system? have an even bigger almost soylent green level population? what happens when the lithium, oil, gas and uranium stores run out and we are back to stone age levels?

inb4 hurr durr they are infinite

youtube.com/watch?v=NlXG0REiVzE

You're an /x/ tier roleplayer

how do you get unknown? are you on a boat in the middle of the ocean or what?

All these defeatists in this board is disgusting.

Literally worse than cucks

Oh I fucking hate flat earthers/moon conspiritards taking this shit so wrong.
They act like Orion needing radiation shielding means apollo never happened. The Apollo CM had far less electronics on board (and had shielding), and electronic circuitry is far more radiation sensitive than a person is.

>What do you want H3 for? Fusion that we don't have?
it might be needed for the engines of the space craft

>You're an /x/ tier roleplayer
They started providing citations and actual workable science with their posts about their tulpas? Because what I am talking about is not only technologically possible in the 40s as indicated by a wide variety of scientific journals but has never stopped being researched.

I am truly sorry that you cannot deal with the truth that your degree is not only worthless but that you dont even understand the science that is being used by your betters.

Maybe if you were to actually give real learning a chance you could understand that mankind is not stuck on Earth but rather has the capabilities today to travel off this rock and out of this solar system.

But hey, this is all /x/ tier conspiracy nonsense, never mind what Gabriel Korn said about the subject of power generation or what Ronald Richter said about utilizing plasma to manipulate gravity.

I mean, proven science is actually just shilling.

Only if it focuses on weaponry capable of detecting and destroying rogue asteroids.

Theres no other reason for it. Im not seeing humanity mining the belt between mars and jupiter or the outer ring anytime soon.

Besides, theres enough shit happening on earth already, like germ fags destroying europe and the US destroying the world with their liberalism.

When we eventually get it, we can get the fucking helium. And we'll have better tech to get the helium than we do now. That's the point of waiting.

Educate the uneducated. Once women start getting educations, birth rates drop, you fix the issue with third world poverty, overpop is less of an issue.

There are plenty of resources on earth to support our population, or even double our pop as it is. You don't need fantasy mars colonies without air and redirected comets to have earth be fine for the next few hundred years.

>well eventually get to it
Then we can talk. But even then, Moon supposedly has plenty of H3 too.
>harvesting the suns solar energy
What for? There's nothing we currently do that would warrant the costs on building solar panels in space.
>theres plenty of planets that have the components for life but no water, aka we could bring the water to them
Like what?
>we have the tech now to get it going, and it took a few hundred million years to get Mars atmosphere to evaporate and it still has some today
It's not just atmosphere. Magnetic field protects you from cosmic radiation. You can't live while constantly being bombarded by death rays from space.
>What else is there to do?
Who cares? It's not for you to decide. People with power and money want more of those things, not muh space exploration.

>*Weaponry for destroying, satelites and surveilance stations for detecting

what about all other modern things they have sent out in space to pluto and mars etc.?

Trust the Musk. Love the Musk.

>spacecraft engines

>to go fucking where?

Sure, you could take the entire economic output of the earth and maybe build a spaceship that might be able to take 3 people on a one-way trip to the nearest star using engines that don't even exist in theory, using a comet's water and the H3 from whatever...

And then you have 10 billion -3 people left on earth figuring out what to do...

>They started providing citations and actual workable science
>implying you've posted anything except roleplaying and bullshit

>100 mile long asteroids made out of gold
>worthless

ibtimes.com/invisible-plasma-shield-which-protects-earth-radiation-discovered-7200-miles-above-1730214

>The Earth is protected from fast-moving “killer electrons” by an invisible plasma shield, which is located thousands of miles above the planet’s surface, according to researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the University of Colorado Boulder.

>High above the Earth’s atmosphere, harmful electrons that make up the outer band of the Van Allen radiation belt travel at nearly the speed of light, pelting everything in their path. Exposure to such high-energy radiation can harm satellite electronics and pose serious health risks to astronauts. However, despite their intense energy, these electrons -- circling around the planet’s equator -- cannot come below 7,200 miles from the Earth’s surface due to the shield, scientists said in a study, published in the journal Nature on Thursday.

>spend trillions to bring a gold asteroid to Earth
>the gold value plummets below dirt

Go try to find yourself the original copies of Gabriel Kron, you will need a lot of luck and money though. Or read the FOIA requests of Ronald Richter's paperclip application.

Really, this is real and I am providing you with an actual starting point. It isnt my fault or anyone elses fault if you dont choose to look into it.

This is a major problem with the world, people expect things to be handed to them without any effort on their parts. I gave you a starting point, you can either call me names, which you will likely continue doing, or you can shut the fuck up and go read a fucking book about this very subject.

Either way, this job has made me have an incredible amount of contempt for the average person for being too dumb to even understand by themselves much less when the starting point is handed to them.

Ayyyyyyy thanks for the info buddy

They're too worried in case Gary McKinnon causes trillions of dollars of damage "again" :^)

They pass through the belts more quickly and don't have life critical systems like life support on board?

Again, you're a complete twat with no understanding of physics. Health risks from the radiation in the van allen belts are longer term. People during Apollo went through it quickly in a few hours at most. Maybe the entire trip upped their cancer rates a few % (the same happens for 6 months in LEO too). It's if you stick around in it long term that you have trouble.
Are you so retarded that you think the scary NASA is covering up the flat earth and yet lets people publish about the van allen belts having radiation anyway?

Yeah, someone roleplaying on a tibetan wood carving market is who I need to believe.

You see, that's how we get the Jews on board.

Tell them there are mountain-sized shekle rocks up for grabs.

in OP pic related, the reflection on the astronaut's helmet made it look like his head had imploded, at least in the thumbnail. Pretty fucking creepy

If humanity gathered the strenght it wastes it would be invincible.

Not to be preachy, but why are you on Sup Forums instead of being busy improving yourself? Why am I doing the same for the matter?

Because both the left, middle, right, up, down, whatever politicans want control over people since that = power.
Space = Freedom aka lack of control and power from politicans, hence why it pushed down.

>Yeah, someone roleplaying on a tibetan wood carving market is who I need to believe.
Just look into the people whom I named if you dont believe me. It isnt my fault that you are too retarded to conduct basic research into a subject.

>Tell Jews that you are giving free transport to the shekel planets to Jews as an apology for the holocaust.
>After the last Jew is on-board travelling towards the shekel system the ship's computers mysteriously break down leaving 6 million Jews stranded in space and another 6 million Jews exploded after self destruct sequences finish.

>implying the value of gold isn't already functionally low
>implying gold isn't an incredibly useful metal for electronics that won't benefit from lower gold prices.

the joke is that diamonds are one of the more common valuable crystals on earth, they were simply hard to access in the past and their value is being artificially propped up by diamond companies looking to make a profit.

fucking saved

You may not think it but we are trying, it's just the results we're aiming for right now aren't as photogenic like the Gemini or Apollo missions and there's literally no reason to send humans anywhere right now until a Mars mission is possible which isn't any time soon

When making a tinfoil hat, does the shiny side of the foil go up or down?

It would take us 3 years just to get to Mars which is closest though. Jupiter, saturn, or other far off planets are over 100 years to get there arent they? If we could get there faster it would be cool. Another user said something about mining asteroids but from my understanding the vast majority of asteroids are not worth the money it would cost to get to them and fill a small shuttle with the minerals then bring them back. Also youd have to account for collisions to the asteroid on the asteroid itself (assuming it is large) the lack of gravity on the asteroid (meaning the probe or whatever would have to be orbiting alongside it). All of this would cost so so so much money. We should instead improve upon our technology rather than waste funds into space

REEEEEEEEEE

FUCK OFF SPACE NIGGER ,WE ARE FULL

>When making a tinfoil hat, does the shiny side of the foil go up or down?
>real science is tinfoil
Funnily enough DARPA did a joke study about tinfoil hats in the 90s, they found that making tinfoil hats actually focuses EM towards the heads of users.