Breakup Albums

I just got dumped by my girlfriend of 8 months on thursday and I feel absolutely dead inside. Any albums for aiding one through this debilitating feeling would be appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pR_EQuo-4sI
youtube.com/watch?v=iB7E1D_3Na4
youtube.com/watch?v=4ech6pZoBJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=uR1a3WVVXHY
youtube.com/watch?v=YXUmKw4pFdc
youtu.be/wFfqT5nYnTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i listened to this for the first time yesterday for reference and it got me right in the feels

I'm in the same boat as you right now user.

bump

For feeling better. Good luck user

Fleetwood Mac's Rumors is a classic breakup album, and fantastic record overall.

at least you've had a girlfriend

Sea Change by Beck is the best breakup album ever, that's all it is, every song

This album actually works miracles

death grips to forget about her
fjm if you want to miss her
king krule for mood music
slick rick if you want to get cheered up

Lorde's Melodrama
Beck's Sea Change
Wilco's Summerteeth and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool
Tame Impala's Currents

i want to die

death grips whole discography

The Downward Spiral is pretty good if you want to feel more depressed.

I shall die here by the body is what I listen to when I feel empty inside

Breakups and unrequited love? Sorry opie, there hasn't been any pop music recorded on those topics yet.

stay strong, son.

youtube.com/watch?v=pR_EQuo-4sI

dont do it

Jesus lad, 8 months is hardly worth crying over

I broke up with my girlfriend of 9 years and 5 months a month ago and I just feel completely empty inside. I thought she was my soulmate but I don't know, I guess she wasn't. She just decided to cut it off. She's going out with someone else now. I know it's cliche to say, but I genuinely feel like a piece of me has been torn out. I loved her so much, I was going to marry her.

what the shit man sandnigger filenames are weird

are women just genuinely so good at lying about their intentions and feelings that they can get men to believe their feelings are mutual or do women just truly lack a piece of humanity required to refrain from doing things like that to people

I don't even know what happened or how she did that to me. I spent my entire teenage years with her, and at the end of it all it meant nothing. It's laughable, really.

women have strong inclinations to their primal instincts of being with someone who they see as fit

its psychological, and a bitch

Yeah it's totally unimaginable that you might be a different person with very different goals at 25 than you were at 15. Totally inexplicable user.

Just got dumped today too user.

I feel your pain.

Listing to some Robert wyatt right now

I hope I don't. I've had severe alcohol/drug abuse problems and have been really manic...I think... Going to a doctor Wednesday. Insane that she is still with me. I've been completely ridiculous and everyone has noticed me and I've went over a week without showing and took days to go in the woods and explore and drink and play my harmonica and I bought loads of random shit and ignored and yelled at people while trying to do my projects I felt like I needed to do. I hope I don't need a breakup album.

don't trust no thots niggas

It's a shame because we both love each other very much but her mother won't approve of our relationship due to me being schizophrenic. She couldn't deal with it anymore and cut it.

t. underage

>The title of the album is taken from the philosophical novel Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, the context being:

>“Only philosophers embark on this perilous expedition to the outermost reaches of language and existence. Some of them fall off, but others cling on desperately and yell at the people nestling deep in the snug softness, stuffing themselves with delicious food and drink. 'Ladies and Gentlemen,' they yell, 'we are floating in space!' But none of the people down there care.[3] ”

>The album itself was recorded shortly after the break-up of Spiritualized's Jason Pierce and Kate Radley, the band's keyboard player. Radley had secretly married Richard Ashcroft of The Verve in 1995

youtube.com/watch?v=iB7E1D_3Na4

"all i want in life is a little bit of love to take the pain away "

Get metaphysical and forget about mundane, insignificant things such as "my gf dumped me".

Sorry to hear that dude. Van Morrison's Astral Weeks gets me through bad times (break-ups, deaths of loved ones, etc.). It has this stream-of-consciousness/life-goes-on vibe that keeps me going. Hopefully it does the same for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=4ech6pZoBJ4

Don't listen to these morons. This is MRA pseudoscience. People are people, and people change (especially in their 20s, and it sounds like you are). You can be sad, but people have to accept that it's possible to fall out of love.

Hope you feel better OP

Women are the ones who choose men.
The best advice i can give other men is to picture yourself as a girl and think about the type of guy you would date.
You would definitely not date some emo loser with no job and no future.
You have to have something to offer a woman either financially or physically or both.
Women want stability, not some whiney little boy they have to take care of.

t.oldman

damn kids! aimirite granps?

And they will cheat on you anyway in the end.

which is why feminine penis is the best end game

Checked and good rec.

My girlfriend also dumped me definitely today. 4 years relationship and everything ends with me being alone and desperate and she blocking me from everywhere, which only makes me more anxious. Igual can't evento listen half of the music posted here because I used to listen this kind of shit with her. I'm getting into my 30s and feel like shit.

I* not igual.

Not an album but:
youtube.com/watch?v=uR1a3WVVXHY

No one captured heartbreak and loneliness better than Sinatra imo. check out pic related, In the wee small hours and no one cares.

>8 months

whoop dee fuggin doo

Did you even live together?

Did you stop growing as a man?

this just made me feel even more dead inside

yes for about 3 months during which we really bonded or at least I thought

People don't seem to realize that time is not relative to how much you've connected with someone. A 5-month relationship can be a lot more powerful than a 5-year one, it all depends.

So she's banging a dude in the next room? Brutal.

You should listen to classic country, obviously. Then lift weights to Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence tomorrow.

This is the only thing pop like things are good for.

they really don't

Absolutely.
Point is, if you want an emotionless materialistic bitch of a wife, act like the man a gay version of yourself would want.

I think I like you. Heck, I love you.

Yes.

Paul Simon - Graceland
literally any Leonard Cohen album

I don't recommend listening to depressive "my life sucks everything sucks" music when you're recovering from a broken relationship

youtube.com/watch?v=YXUmKw4pFdc

I listened to this song before and after I was a virgin and oh boy does it capture the awkwardness of first sex perfectly
makes me lmao every time I think about my ex and our first fucks

>8 months

call me when you're dumped from a long term relationship. seriously though man, i'm sorry that happened to you, listen to siamese dream from start to end.

also this guy know what's up, i actually have the poster up in my room, the one they used to promote the album, looks great.

That album is so depressing i can't finish it halfway. Its like a guy finding a rope to hang himself in a lamp post.

I'd recommend City and Colour, it's kinda cheesy but I find it sad as well. Or if you want something more "alive" new Paramore's album is good.

>Don't listen to these morons
This

I broke up with a gf a month ago...

These albums helped

Alvvays- Antisocialites
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Portishead - Dummy

>8 months

Nigga try 4 years and see how that feels. 8 months is a walk in the park to get over.

youtu.be/wFfqT5nYnTM

>SO YOU CAN THINK OF ME WHEN YOU FORGET YOUR SEATBELT
>AND AGAIN WHEN YOUR HEAD GOES THROUGH THE WINDSHIELD

recently watched a 2002 show of theirs where they played this live. really cool

pic related or Tiger's Jaw self titled

kekekeke

This.

Not underage, just shit taste in >>>>>>emo

hell no user do you want him to die :(

yeah man this really got me through tough time. i was extremly depressed for a while and this resonated so hard with me