LeBron vs Jordan

LeBron vs Jordan

Why don't people take into account the fact that Jordan skipped out on two years of his prime to play baseball? The guy would most likely have 8 rings if he played with the Bulls the whole time.

If Jordan had played basketball in 93 and 94 the debate between LeBron and Jordan would not exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleacherreport.com/articles/131997-mjs-1st-retirement-was-it-a-secret-suspension
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>skipped out on two years of his prime to play baseball?
Well it was either that or it was face a suspension from the NBA. Bowing out made more sense for his brand.

If Jordan had played in today's league without Pippen and the Worm with today's rules and getting called for his push offs and travels that even LeBron gets called for, the debate between LeBron and Jordan would not exist.

MJ would just be another Kobe. In fact, Kobe was actually better than MJ.

The Debate between LeBron and Jordan doesn't exist. It's a media talking point to eke out as much juice from their failed corporate mascot as they can. All the 14 year olds who watch First Take come on here and spout he's the best.

People just don't get that Jordan wasn't considered the GOAT because of X-amount of rings. Magic had rings, Bird had rings. Jordan is considered GOAT because of his on and off court charisma and personality, his killer intensity and effortless destruction of his opponents. LeBron is a boring unlikeable chump, a loser and bum who personifies many awful qualities of modern sports and modern society, a rudderless fatherless scumbag who was roundly rejected by the public despite his corporate backers forcing him down everybody's throats.

LeBron has always been Them, a spoiled rotten brat, whereas Jordan was a folk hero well before ascending to corporate Godhood. The fact that LeBron is still in his shadow underscores how he's completely lacking in character or personality.

LeBron never gets called for travels and neither would Jordan.

Also, Jordan would benefit from no hand checking rule.

if Jordan could have won 2 more rings, then he should have done so and asserted his dominance as the greatest player ever.

it's not Lebron's fault Jordan was so afraid of losing he took his ball home and said he wasn't gonna play anymore

>face a suspension from the NBA

Epic meme. If LeBron isn't getting busted for steroids then Jordan was never getting suspended for anything.

jordan was electric to watch. he dominated games like lebron, but without bron's physical dominance, rather through sheer skill and will to succeed.

if you weren't around at the time you couldn't understand how the dude had this magnetic charisma on the court that no one else did, and it felt like it was this rather than anything else that set him apart.

it's kinda like the difference between messi and ronaldo in football. yes, ronaldo is a GOAT - he works hard, is physically supreme and wins trophies. but watching messi is fucking magical, and watching ronaldo isn't.

This.

Plus, he was extremely cool, almost always the smartest man on the court, and had a ton of dignity and poise and control. Nothing you could possibly say about LeBron, who is a fucking uncool stupid ape who spazzes out on everybody like a fucking child. Jordan was a man.

Jordan and LeBron both rank higher than MJ.

>1 MVP

Come on now

than Kobe*

I'm starting to notice that a lot of these Jordan vs LeBron threads are started by anons that prefer Jordan over LeBron

Really makes you think...

R A R E
A
R
E

Wow.
>When user gets it right in one sentence but he keeps going

>Jordan skipped out on two years of his prime to play baseball

why the fuck would you do this

can you imagine messi or ronaldo skipping two years during their prime to play cricket or rugby or something

jesus christ

i assume this has something to do with americans thinking that "athleticism" is the only thing that makes you good at a sport - any sport

Kobe > MJ >>>>>>>> Lebeta.

you don't get credit for what ifs

david stern forced him out of the league temporarily so he wouldn't have to publicly announce that he was suspended for gambling. just goes to show how jewy and scummy basketball is compared to baseball. the greatest hitter in MLB history will never get into the hall of fame because he gambled. whereas michael jordan is still revered as a god.

oh so it was either do nothing or play another sport

no that's just a meme.

The real reason jordan quit was because he felt there was nothing left to prove and that he could just win every year and was bored with basketball. He also had an insane ego so probably thought he could just succeed at anything.

he then later realized basketball was the only thing he was good at and came back

best post in this thread
damn

how far down your throat is jordan's dick? he wasn't retarded, he had an ego but he didn't think he could make the fucking white sox.

Why not? Bo Jackson did it, deion Sanders did it. He probably figured why not me too? Am I not the goat of goats? Am I not the man who made formal sneakers a thing?

Do you really think a rule set more friendly to bully ball would do anything other than benefit a Lebron James type player? We aren't even just talking about how it affects his offensive capabilities. The same rules that you claim made it so much harder to score are the same rules that would make Lebron so much more of a dominant on ball defender.

These kind of debates deserve so much more than the repetitive deluge of one liners.
>much hand checks

get a grip

they're basketball sneakers, not baseball cleats. jackson had 28 home runs and 70 RBI in college baseball, jordan hadn't played since high school and never even made it to the highest level of the minor leagues. pro athletes know their limits.

You misunderstood me. It wasn't a good decision, but his ego was big enough to do it because he was beyond a pro athlete he was a cultural icon and iconoclast doing things that had never been done B4. It's not that much of a leap for me to see that he did this with earnestness. Everybody said he worked really hard at it and supposedly it was always a plan of him and his dad's. His dad always wanted him to play baseball and he did it after his dad died. It was cathartic for him.

no i understand you perfectly, i understand that you don't know anything about michael jordan and now you're trying to change your argument because you're fucking dumb. his ego was based on his skill in basketball. the way he treated his opponents doesn't reflect his everyday demeanor. unless someone is as stupid as you are, they don't quit their job at the peak of their abilities to do something they're not good at.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
STOP POSTING AMERICAN THREADS

I mean I watched Jordan Rides the Bus. Where are your sources on this period of his life?

Fuck off joao there's 13 divegrass threads and remember this is an American English language anime image site go found your own if you don't like our sports.

congratulations, you watched a jewish documentary from a jewish network about a jewish basketball league. there was obviously no bias there. my sources are that i wasn't sucking on my mom's titties when jordan was in the NBA.

bleacherreport.com/articles/131997-mjs-1st-retirement-was-it-a-secret-suspension

Ma nigga. Kobr goat

>Why don't people take into account the fact that Jordan skipped out on two years of his prime to play baseball? The guy would most likely have 8 rings if he played with the Bulls the whole time.

So the dude took a 2 year pause to cover the tracks and play some luckswing, so what, how is that relevant to his basketball achievements?

completely different problems in 2 completely different time periods.

Lebron is much more valuable to the nba than jordan was, even though jordan/the bulls were much better than lebron's ever been

Hand-checking was banned in 1979.

something is happening, you're cluttering the space. please go to /asp/

It's not a meme. Jordan was suspended for gambling.

Fuck off divegrass shill.

There is no debate if you're talking about rings.

6>3.

You are right. Bill Russell is the greatest basketball player of all time.

no ones comparing bill russell to either bron or jordan, so irrelevant. 6 is still greater than 3

>In fact, Kobe was actually better than MJ.

I bet most of you jackasses don't even know MJ quit basketball because he didn't want David Stern to investigate his gambling and ties to the mob.

Stern was going to investigate.

Jordan quit.

Jordan came back to falling NBA rating couple of years later.

Investigation never mentioned again.

Actually, every time some idiot writes GOAT in regard to Jordan, they are. And they're wrong and announcing themselves to be so ignorant they needn't be listened to.

>Jew memeing as a 30+ year old man. Sad
Three problems with the theory
>1 the league obviously didn't care about gambling in general in light of Charles Barkley's exploits so mj would have had to have been betting on/throwing bulls games in specific to get such a treatment and I don't see him betting against himself or legacy
>2 in order for stern to cut such a deal the owners would all have to have been in on it and I don't see proud franchise owners of Celtics/Lakers/pistons going along with that
>3 the referee gamblers in the league would have known about Jordan being a high roller who cut a deal with the commissioner and would've squealed in the tell all books.

What do you mean "nobody is comparing bill russell to either bron or jordan"? I am doing it right now. They all three have statistically great careers, they all three are either hall of famers and they all three have multiple championships. Why can't I compare Jordan to Russell or Russell to James? Can I not compare Kareem to Jordan? What are you metrics for a justified comparison?

>>I don't see him betting against himself or legacy
>what is point shaving

Yeah but that doesn't disprove the other things I said. Gambling culture was so pervasive in the league at the time theres no way he was making those bets without other players like Barkley and the crooked refs finding out through rumor in the gambling culture. And there is no way highly competitive owners let their commish make that deal.

Reminder that Kobe is literally MJ but worse at everything

cause this is a fucking bron vs jordan thread you autist. Bringing in another player into discussion changes the entire dynamic of the argument/debate. The metrics for a justified comparison is context, hence a Bron vs jordan thread and a "6>3" rings argument

>i am doing it right now
good go start your a new thread comparing all 3 of them against each other. No ones talking about russell here

I'm literally agreeing with you that Jordan is better than James. I'm also saying that Russell is better than Jordan. If you think it is irrelevant then don't respond to me.

You are responding though, because you know the implication shows how fucking retarded the "6>3 end of story, nothing else matters" argument is.

You are literally admitting you think Russell>Jordan. Otherwise, your argument that Jordan>James needs expounding.

Tldr; Do you think championships are the only thing that matters in this comparison?

This was meant for

>Gambling culture was so pervasive in the league at the time theres no way he was making those bets without other players like Barkley and the crooked refs finding out through rumor in the gambling culture.
fair nuff fenpam

it doesn't need expounding because this topic of this thread is very specific, so when someone says 6>3 in relation to lebron and jordan, they would know the details and the context going along with it. that is, obviously, assuming they actually know something about both, and aren't retardedly trying to argue for a player purely based on preference.

the same argument can't be made for russell, because of the details and context of the league, his team, and the era he played in. ALL OF COURSE, in relation to comparing him to jordan and/or lebron.

obviously no one who isn't retarded thinks rings are all that matters, there are plenty of irrelevant players who have multiple rings over HOF caliber players who have won 0. That doesn't matter though, because you aren't arguing >literal who vs Charles barkley. The context and the details of their accomplishments and careers make those arguments futile. BUT in this case, when looking at jordan and lebron , it's an argument that has weight to it.

It's called fucking context dude. i dont know how many times i have to say it. The context of a jordan vs lebron comparison, allows for the use of 6>3 as an actual debating point.

>you know the implication shows how fucking retarded the "6>3 end of story, nothing else matters" argument is.

C O N T E X T
O
N
T
E
X
T

the only reason you are having problems understanding this is because either; a) you're assuming the amount of weight put behind the specific argument of 6>3; or b) you actually don't know alot about basketball and about jordan and bron specifically, so your being a casual seeing the "6>3" and then blabbering about how there are players with more rings and are thus better.

>LeBron is a boring unlikeable chump, a loser and bum who personifies many awful qualities of modern sports and modern society, a rudderless fatherless scumbag who was roundly rejected by the public despite his corporate backers forcing him down everybody's throats.
Am I in 2007?

midkek

>Implying the passage of time makes this untrue.

You're right. This crowd looks super angry, too.

You think Jordan is a Big Baller?

>L-look
>The thirstiest fans in America love the guy that got them an chip
Whattta surprise. They look like a bunch of Tina Turners to me.

That's China, m8.

the amount of gooks in that pic leads me to believe it wasn't taken in da land

Hakeem would have beaten, Jordan

Kareem is easily the GOAT and I can't believe how many people fell for nike's propaganda

That makes it worse, they're just excited to see any tall nigger. It explains nothing.

I feel like this would make no sense, but I also can't disprove it.

It's a known fact that Asians find blacks to be exciting novelties and treat them like dancing monkey's. They are also racist as hell against everyone to the extent that they know bantz about people they've had little to no contact with. For example I knew a Chinese national who would bantz on dutch for being cheap.

>It's a known fact that Asians find blacks to be exciting novelties and treat them like dancing monkey's
I knew that. I was thinking more if you put any black guy in an Asian country (like even a manlet), would he get the same traveling circus treatment?

I think I see where we lost touch here. I do not know if you intended it this way, but the statement "There is no debate if you're talking rings." seems to imply the most important context is rings.

If I were to make the statement "There is no debate if we are talking assists per game, 7>5.3", would that, given the context you keep mentioning, be a valid argument to you?

If all this context is implied, then why have anything in this thread other than statements proclaiming what we think are the most important factors in the comparison.

I am absolutely assuming the amount of weight put behind the 6>3 argument, because you said there is no debate given that stipulation. I don't understand why you would even type that if you don't put more weight in that argument.

As far as what I know about basketball, I've been watching since '05 so at the very least I know all about LeBron's career.

If he was remotely famous, sure. Another thing, I bet you Jeremy Lin and Yao Ming kind pull similar crowds. A Chinese crowd going ape shit is not a good reflection of talent OR mass appeal as I feel that their standards are low and it isn't difficult to whip up a sizeable crowd in a country of a billion people.

Fair enough. I'm still not buying that Bron is still nationally or globally-hated, though.

Nationally, everybody outside the land and okc (cuz warriors hate) internationally he's more of a who? To casuals and I'm not really sure how die hard international basketball fans think of him. He definitely hasn't broken into the mj icon strata yet. Probably not Kobe yet either. Especially when divegrass has two legends going at it for immortality right now, that takes a lot of oxygen out of the room for other sports stars. Just look at this board and look how many flag posters post anything NBA. They don't give a flying fuck about lebrick. It's not hate it's absolute apathy.

> Eurofag being faggy in an excellent thread

Lol, imagine if LeBron retired after the Heat beat the Spurs in the 2013 Finals... he'd get crucified. He doesn't deserve legacy points for quiting.

I'm not sure I believe that. I can't speak about outside of the us, but I have very few friends that actually watch sports, but I'm into it enough that I start trying to talk about it with people and sometimes forget they don't even watch sports. I can't recall anyone who hasn't heard of LeBron James and a good amount of these people are also aware that he is a great NBA player.

I was in Spain last year with a family who was very much into sports especially baseball/softball and they didn't know Steph curry or LeBron James, or that the WCF was going on and that the warriors (at the time) were completing the greatest post season comeback in basketball history. You know why? Messi vs. Tsu and the prospects of the champions cup. Etc. Again, idk what hardcore basketball fans think but I do know a family who was into American sports and had a hoop in their backyard didn't give a fuck cuz of how NBA post season matches up with international soccer.

Hakeem Olajuwon would have something to say about that

>Epic meme. If LeBron isn't getting busted for steroids then Jordan was never getting suspended for anything.
not a meme, jordan's gambling issues are well documented. It was getting pretty bad in 93, SI was going to run an expose on it, and asked the NBA for a responce prior to running with it. David Stern freaked out, as Jordan was hands down the face of the NBA, and he pulled the SI reporter into a sitdown meeting with his editor, and had the story quietly squashed.

Then he had Jordan "take a break" playing baseball as sort of a "secret" suspension. It was basically a probationary period for MJ to get his gambling issues under control and protect his brand.

Rumors have floated around for years about this.

this is part of it

still good post.

Nah dude, they're just rumors nothing more. It's a meme. See

Oh okay. This whole time I wasn't seeing that post. Now I see it and I understand everything.

t. underage retard

He got btfo by shaq in 95, dont talk about shit you didn't watch, trying to fit in, fucking pussy

>the statement "There is no debate if you're talking rings." seems to imply the most important context is rings.

good thing i never said that

None of that is relevant. The debate is about which one is a better basketball player. As in who does things better on the basketball court. This is a debate because Michael Jordan was the most dominant player of his period and LeBron is the most dominant player of his period.

I'm not arguing for one or the other, but it is definitely debatable. Have fun with your hyperboles though.

Then what the fuck do you bring to the discussion with your post?

>hur dur 6 is a higher number than 3

>He got btfo by shaq in 95, dont talk about shit you didn't watch, trying to fit in, fucking pussy

no, he got BTFO because he was rusty. That wasn't the "real" jordan, he only played like 30 games that year. Look at what jordan did to a BETTER Magic team the next year, swept them.

He literally played and lost to the Magic that the Rockets swept. Look at the stats for the series. There was no "chemistry" issue or "wasn't ready to come back yet" issue. They were top tier and still lost.

>th-that wasn't the REAL jordan
fuck off, was the REAL jordan the one who got btfo in the second round every year pre pippen?

reminder that PIPPEN made the ECF without jordan and only lost because of refball

Look at the stats dumbfuck. He wasn't rusty at all. You're fucking stupid and underage.

literally nothing, i was responding to your post about a completely different player who you were bringing up.

what did you bring to the dicussion by bringing a completely irrelvant player into the discussion?? Some decrepit attempt at counter arguing the point of 6>3??

Jordan would have 8 peated and had the highest career points if it weren't for his first retirement.
LeBron left the Cavs and Heat for rings. Jordan stayed with the Bulls to 3-peat twice. If you honestly think Jordan is worse than LeBron you're a idiot. LeCuck fans always forget that Bill Russell, Wilt, Bird, Magic, Jordan, and Kobe exist.

Your declaration that 6 is more than 3 was in the thread before I typed a single word.

I was clearly responding to your pointless post with sarcasm. What fucking idiot thinks Russell is better than Jordan?

>le couldn't win shit until bird and isiah got old man
>le couldn't win shit until pippen got better man
>le leave the team and they still make the ECF the next year without you man
>le get btfo by shaw in 95 man

Lol and they always use the b-b-but pippen or b-b-but warriors have all stars argument as if trying to surround yourself with talent hasn't been lebricks go to strategy for years. And it makes sense it's a team sport after all...

Staying with his HoF teammates was so noble. Wow, what a sacrifice he made.

No one is pretending like he doesn't do that. They are just pointing out that everyone else does it too, so it shouldn't be held against him.

>If Jordan had played basketball in 93 and 94 the debate between LeBron and Jordan would not exist.
The debate only exists in the mind of millenials anyway.

Jordan beat Bird, Magic, and Isiah. LeBron lost to Jason Kidd and Dirk. Your point?

>getting to the finals with literal scrubs is worse than getting swept every year
>mj only lost against the magic because m-muh rust!