99% of school is basically a waste of time. Even in the college level and the sad part...

99% of school is basically a waste of time. Even in the college level and the sad part? It costs a LOT of money AND it is hard (I'm 2.5 years done with the program. Some classes did indeed kick my ass such as 2 accounting one's and this anthro class where u basically have to memorize a SHIT ton, etc.). The struggle is real yet the job prospects aren't there. This market is unforgiving. At least I have small debt I can pay off fast. Like maybe 3k or so. Still quite a bit.

I want a do over. I would have gotten a ged by age 14, do an associates for an rn nurse then the end result would be profit and rewarding career.

Instead, I fucked up. I done goofed. Almost 23. Am going to drop out of college (this economy is REALLY not looking good to me PLUS I don't like how I can't really save up crap).

I have the electrical trade I can focus on. One class short of the certificate (and another for the associates). Ik a guy that can possibly get me into the union where they will start me off at 60k (wtf am I right?). Overall tho, they DON'T usually start off that high. Usually like 15 an hr even with the certificate/associates. Idk man. Half a yr ago I was basically in but not finishing the certificate cost me. I think I can get another chance tho once i finish it.

Anyways, I have regrets because I wish I became a nurse instead. I feel I would like it more plus they make like 1.6 times what an electrician caps usually (60k is normally where I see the pay. Varies. Sometimes as low as 50k, sometimes as high as 75k. Some unions go to 90-100k construction or industrial ones. The one they guy Ik in is in maintenance. He said its really basic stuff which is prob why it doesnt go as high). Btw I live in the LA area where nurses make bank.

Overall, I am pretty somewhat depressed... I MIGHT finish the bachelors later in life IF I feel it can help me but not right now, I want to move out. I want to feel like a man and not a boy. I want to just move forward with life

Other urls found in this thread:

nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_ctr.asp
governing.com/gov-data/wage-average-median-pay-data-for-states.html
money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/us-jobs-wages/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is exactly where im at right now i live in la too im 22 and feel like a fucken idiot for not having a bachelors degree by now fuckit tho

Ya i fucked up hard. I had (still have) mental problems which messed up my life.

Wasting time SUCKS but my real issue is my age. Lile when I was 14-17, I didn't feel old. Time felt infinite and I was never in a hurry. Now at this age, I ALWAYS feel lile I'm racing against the clock and it sucks. My age is affecting me more than anything else.

Im just going to focus on electrical and try to do an lvn program in the night.

I don't really feel like being poor as fuck all my youth is worth the bachelors which is why I don't want to continue until my life is more established. Living with my parents and stressing over studying + debt sucks ass. I want to live alone and just chill for a bit without having to worry about much. Just like the good ol days

>99% of school is basically a waste of time

>It costs a LOT of money AND it is hard
>it is hard
Get gud faggot
> The struggle is real yet the job prospects aren't there.
Your choice for choosing a shit major
>Am going to drop out of college
Either try harder or mabye stop being a brainlet, if you drop out then the lst 2 and a bit year will be a waste.
> Ik a guy that can possibly get me into the union where they will start me off at 60k (wtf am I right?)
Unless you are electrical engeneer with a honors degree you won't get any where near that.
>Overall tho
No, see above.
>Anyways, I have regrets because I wish I became a nurse instead.
Lol you couldn't get in to med school, it might be too hard.
>Btw I live in the LA area where nurses make bank.
Senor nurses in private hospitals, have fun getting hired/promoted to one of those
Nurses get paid a fixed rate, decided at state level.
>I MIGHT finish the bachelors later in life
Don't do this
>pro tip you won't
And you will just spin your wheels and get no where, now you are early 20s(i presume) and have fuck all to worry about.

If you have time to shit post on Sup Forums then you are not trying hard enough.

>I want to move out. I want to feel like a man and not a boy
But your coarse it too hard, how are you going to be a man if you can't do the ONE FUCKING THING THAT YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.
>I want to just move forward with life
Then do the one thing that is going to progress your life even further (appart from getting maried, having kid)
If you think that progress ing livng in a shitty house with a minimum wage job is progress then you are fucking green.

I 100 percent agree with you on this, at 18 first starting college it felt cool to be there but at 22-23 you see everyone in your classroom look younger and younger

>job prospects aren't there
Thats bullshit. Quit lying. Nobody's buying it.

Be me
In bba program
Can work at Kohls for 53k/yr to start.
60k is not hard to achieve for a person with crentials or drives trucks.

>> Ik a guy that can possibly get me into the union where they will start me off at 60k (wtf am I right?)
Unless you are electrical engeneer with a honors degree you won't get any where near that

100% wrong. I was legit in the final stage of that job and they said that's the starting pay. It caps there too tho.

Also, what's your major? Look, I want to just havw a casual job. I want to work to live not the other way around which most high paying jobs don't like.

1. Where do you live?

2. The MEDIAN salary in la (or maybe it was cali as a whole, too lazy to look) is about 19.xx an hr meaning 50% OF PEOPLE MAKE LESS THAN THAT. Let's just round uo and say 20 an hr. Okay. 20x2087 = 41,740 a yr. 60k is pretty decent considering most jobs don't pay well at all.

Not only that but for the TYPE of work the guy Ik does, it's good. He says it is low stress and finishes the work early and has most of the day to himself. Truck driving making 60k? Ya guess what? They probably work like 80hrs a week. Quality of life sucks ASS since all they do is drive and are away from home.

60k with an easy job is NOT the same as 60k with a life stealing job

Yaaa it is depressing and discouraging. Ik that about 60% of ppl nation wide finish a bachelors in about 6 yrs and the rest take longer (that stat still sounds weird to me) but damn it jyst doesn't feel good.

50ish percent underemployed. I look at indeed.com and see shit pay. Personal anecdotes lile my sister and her friends are also bleak. Could be their majors too though (bio for one,env science for the other, and psychology for the third). And env science isn't even easy. My sis had to take organic chemistry. She graduated at 23 and is 26 making a bit over 19 an hr. She is working as some call agent at uc san diego. I THINK she has potential for upward mobility but she is struggling financially and even she just told me its probably better to focus on electrical (though im going to move on to nursing. Ill transition from this field hopefully over the coarse of a yr). Before her job at that school, she was making minimum wage for like 2 years.

To specify what her job is currently, she takes calls from a lot of people that are at uc san diego (student complaints,fire fighter, cops, etc. Fast pace) and basically coordinates or some crap like that

Ba in 6ys for a fucken art degree lol no ba in stem takes 6 years

>Can work at Kohls for 53k/yr to start.
What is the cap for a administartor at a supermarket?

>what's your major?
Honors degree in civil, i work for a consultancy doing structural shit mainly.
Still a jr engineer though so make about 55k a year, will be looking at 90k after i get charted.
Most Engineering majors get about 55-60k a year, technicians get around 45k a year and a certificate will get you fuck all.
Most unions say alot of shit but they only care about senior engineers and top of the class jr engineers so don't rely on them too much.
As for >I want to just havw a casual job. I want to work to live not the other way around which most high paying jobs don't like.
Most casul jobs suck when you get older, alot of builders i know fucking hate their jobs, what do you do when you are 40 with kids and a house?
You can't go back to re-train.

Dude lol a bachelor degree to take calls lol

True. That's why i dropped out of high school at 15 to be a full time ebay seller. Made 100k net my 2nd year.

No... look at the stats nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/indicator_ctr.asp

About 59% finish a 4yr degree in 6 yrs

The guy ik is working at Amtrak. The train company. He said it's super easy work. Labor is minimal. It does indeed start and cap at 60k. It goes up every so often (like 3yrs).

Ya. It's depressing. About 60% of jobs in the u.s. pay 20 or less an hr. There just aren't enough well paying jobs. Like they just don't exist. Here ya go. governing.com/gov-data/wage-average-median-pay-data-for-states.html

And

money.cnn.com/interactive/economy/us-jobs-wages/

Shit really
My parent's may of bamboozled me.
How much does it go up?
I a guy in my team is making 130k and he has been working for 5 years, fucking smart asian though

What does he do? 130k with overtime? Electrician?

Also it srs just caps at 60k where the guy ik works. Has lots of benefits at least and is easy work. They also certified him as a journeyman in just 6 months and they trained him for hvac so idk maybe potential side business.

P.s. nurses don't have to go to med school to become an rn.

Now I'm just going to do the 1 yr lvn then the bridge program from lvn to rn (30 units so basically another yr). Waiting list is 3-5 yrs tho. Ik i can do it. The real issue im having with the bachelors is that I don't think it will pay off which hurts my work ethic. Nursing obviously will pay off.

I am doing a business admin degree with a concentration in economics. I was thinking of just finding some sort of business analyst job but fuck it. Right now i will just do electrical, get paid shit (if I don't get into that union but it's kind of pointless to get in anyways since I'm serious about the nursing thing) and just go from there.

In the la area, lvns make about 50k based on job ads and stats i saw. Rns make about double that here.

Also, the trade school i go to is where i could do the bridge program. They work with cal state la too and yadayada point is they have good credentials for their nursing program

I was actually doing that too. Bba with econ concentration. Forgot to mention. Thing is it's part time so its will take 2.5 MORE years. Shiiz. I would be KIND of okay with that but I still have to take upper division ge classes and i fucking hate those. I just finished an upper division anthro class and it was harder than my math class simply because of all the memorizing I had to do (study guides were vague at best so you essentially had to memorize like 5 chapters that were about 20 or so pages each along with 2 vids. This per exam there were 3 exams). If it weren't for the ges, it would be more tolerable.

Also electricians don't make minimum wage.

Not going to college isn't a death sentence. Lvns here basically make more than most college grads and they only take 1yr to do while ppl with bachelors take basically 6 years to graduate into a shit market where most jobs pay less than 20 an hr and the ones that dont are usually from other professions lile engineering, acct, etc. Hmm i really should look up a pie chart of this if i can find one. Probably is one but another day. I am still busy af right now. Taking a break by posting here