Is Black and Chrome worth the money?

Is Black and Chrome worth the money?

I've already own Fury Road on Blu-ray. And the black-and-white style looks great in some shots, but unremarkable in others. Almost like they just added a desaturation filter to the movie without bothering to adjust the contrast or levelling. That and the bright colour palette was a huge plus in Fury Road. And particularly refreshing after having so many late 2000/early 2010 films being brown-and-grey.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2016/10/mad-max-fury-road-chrome-edition-george-miller-black-and-white-1201738113/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm also wondering, i can't find a torrent, and i really want to see it.

>$30
Wait for it to go on sale

download any version
turn saturation to zero

there is nothing more reddit than black and white

Why wasn't this version included with the blu-ray version?

Dont buy stupid shit and save your money.

Not calling it Shiny and Chrome Edition

Jesus, they had one job

Is it not soundtrack only? If not, I don't see the point. Miller should not have hyped if he couldn't deliver

>Two film collection

What bullshit. Fury Road Contrast and Chrome Edition is superior and all you have to do is adjust you television.

It was actually originally supposed to (I distinctly remember George Miller announcing it back in June last year) but I'm guessing the production company wanted to go full jew and wait for an additional release.

>film with a very vibrant colour grading to enhance its look
>release a B&W version

?

There's also a silent version that actually works very well.

I was a fan of the version where I never actually watched it, but shitposted in all of the threads saying it was SJW garbage.

>he doesnt calibrate his tv to watch films in black and white
>hes never watched harry potter in black and white

If you didn't see it in theaters I feel kinda sorry for you. It's gonna be a bragging right in 10 years or so.

Wow, where can I buy that one? Sounds awesome

>but shitposted in all of the threads saying it was SJW garbage
It objectively is SJW garbage

for you reddit

Got to see it twice.

Was worth.

I don't know how a blu ray with two versions of the same film is a "two film collection".

Not really, it showed the female perspective to be just as flawed and delusional as the male influences, and the only real victories that were won came from both sexes working to their strengths and covering each other's weaknesses, like a real functioning society

Unless any show of real egalitarianism is SJW to you, of course

This looks like the biggest fucking scam ever.

Why would you want this?
Fury Road is already a shit movie but you can change this by literally changing the contrast on your TV, not to mention black and white makes the film look more ugly
If anything they should've released a version that wasn't orange and blue but natural colors

>vibrant colour
it was orange

>Fury Road is already a shit movie but you can change this by literally changing the contrast on your TV, not to mention black and white makes the film look more ugly

That's because they don't use that method you fucking idiot

orange and blue borderlandz flick

Yeah so? Are you implying that by turning down my saturation, it would be any different than what they did while still having to pay for it?
I literally rewatched it today with the saturation down, everything looked 2k on my monitor still. This release is fucking retarded.

>Unless any show of real egalitarianism is SJW to you, of course
Of course it is, claiming women are equal to men is SJW propaganda and pure nonsense not backed up by any scientific or sociological facts.
Even if a very simple change was made, like Immortan Joe being played by Chris Hemsworth or some other typical hunk that women gush over, all those women who cheered at the YEAH GURL POWER WOMEN ARE NOT YOUR PROPERTY JOE crap would instead be diddling their clits and fantasizing about being chained to a man. So much about equality and emancipation.

What super special method did they use? You can achieve the same effect by desaturating the image and adjusting contrast.

I saw it on Vimeo but I can't find it now. It mighta gotten pulled.

Making something look good in bnw involves more than just turning down the saturation. Certain color channels have more information than others and you have to choose those levels carefully for a pleasing bnw image.

That's not how it works, retard.

Gonna need a webm before I make a decision
ffs, OP
this is a mongolian fingerpainting forum afterall

Can I get a cut of the film where Max is actually the main character?

No.

kill yourself

I made that post just for you user, just for you.

Can I get an extended cut of real life where Fury Road fans aren't SJW cuckolds?

>current year
>being this much of a hopeless faggot

kys for the greater good famalam

Were you always this easily triggered pussyboi?

Looks kino as fuck, getting this even tho I already have 2 copies of fury road

whoah calm down ok

It's silent with music, right? So maybe it's edited a bit.

>"WITNESS ME!" dialogue card

Depends user, don't you want to ride eternal, shiny and chrome?

Ah, that is pretty interesting and makes a lot of sense. But like I said the exact same thing can practically be achieved by simply desaturating and adjusting contrast. Literally all I did here and there was desaturate the image and bump up the contrast a bit.

Of course you lose some of the subtleties because of the lost channel information, but I don't think the differences are so drastic.
I think the real issue surrounding this new edition is whether or not it is worth the extra money, and are people willing to pay for it.

Here is an interesting interview with Miller about the whole thing. Apparently, a crude black and white print of Road Warrior is what gave him the idea.
indiewire.com/2016/10/mad-max-fury-road-chrome-edition-george-miller-black-and-white-1201738113/

The bottom looks like shit m8. Please don't try to do anything else in your life.

I don't know whether you are a cheeky troll (hope so at least) but the bottom was taken from the trailer for the black and chrome edition.

What is cinematography

I routinely convert color photographs into balck and white for work and the effects can be dramatic. It boils down to creative choices, which parts do you want to expose, which do you want to block. Careful choice of levels are an artistic choice so I disagree with you there.
Whether it is worth extra money, perhaps not. I don't already own a copy of Fury Road but I might pick this one up. I understand if others do not see the value in this.

wait wqhat you have to pay extra for a black and white version what the fuck lol

Not the guy you responded to but I'm pretty sure it does work that way. I eat my mothers shitter like an apple fritter. If you turn the color mode off on your tv then it's black and white. It's why old history footage has color now. We now have the technology to turn the color and gamma up.

>pay more
>get less

This is basically a capitalist's dream.

Oh no you got me all wrong, I agree with you, I believe the artistic choices do matter. But do they matter to the audience? You obviously seem very dedicated to your craft, but I think you overestimate the importance your clients give to the details.

So edgy. How's life going?

I believe the artistic choices do matter. For a niche product like this, I think only enthusiasts will care and they are likely to appreciate good craft.
That said something like this is definitely not for mainstream audiences.

>Marking it as two films
Jews