Motor/sp/ort - motor/sp/ort - Es ist ein 24 Stunden Sprintrennen Edition

24 Hours of Nurburgring and WTCC; Indycar and Lights at Indianapolis; NASCAR Xfinity and Cup Series at Charlotee; Super Formula at Okayama

>2018 Indycar aero revealed
>2018 NASCAR schedule shaken up, CMS road course to be round of the Chase among other changes
>Nicky Hayden passes after accident in Italy
>Dixon and Franchitti robbed at gunpoint on Sunday at a 4th meal Taco Bell run after Dixon claimed pole for the 500

Thursday, May 25
>NCS practice, FS1 1400 ET/1800 UTC
>N24 Quali 1 (3 hours 25 min) 1405 ET/1805 UTC
>NXS practice, FS1 1600 ET/2000 UTC
>NXS final practice, FS1 1800 ET/2200 UTC
>NCS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 1915 ET/2315 UTC

Friday, May 26
>N24 Quali 2 0330 ET/0730 UTC
>WTCC Quali 0645 ET/1045 UTC
>Indy Lights Race Freedom 100 1230 ET/1630 UTC
>N24 Top 30 Quali 1350 ET/1750 UTC

Saturday, May 27
>SF Race 1 0230 ET/0630 UTC
>WTCC Race 1 (3 laps) 0520 ET/0920 UTC
>WTCC Race 2 (3 laps) 0645 ET/1045 UTC
>NCS practice, FS1 0900 ET/1300 UTC
>24h of Nurburgring Race 0930 ET/1330 UTC
>NXS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 1005 ET/1405 UTC
>NCS final practice, FS1 1130 ET/1530 UTC
>NXS Race Hisense 4K TV 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), FS1 1300 ET/1700 UTC

Sunday, May 28
>SF Race 2 0125 ET/0525 UTC
>ICS 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 Race 1221 ET/1621 UTC
>NCS Race Coca-Cola 600 (400 laps, 600 miles), FOX 1800 ET/2200 UTC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qVLsWgMAcBA
youtube.com/watch?v=FGR0KWLs51c
youtube.com/watch?v=1abFQHVsThw
toyotagazooracing.com/jp/nurburgring/special/2017/
nuerburgring.de/en/events-tickets/automobile/adac-zurich-24-hour-race/live.html
24h-rennen.de/en/live-timing-ticker/
24hrennenassets.azureedge.net/wp-media/2017/05/24h-Rennen_Teilnehmerliste-final_25_05_2017.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The new aerokit, Universal on the left and Superspeedway on the right

as OP of the previous thread, thank you. Now i dont have to check back on the old thread with cancerous faggots HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR YOU FORGOT DA SCHEDULE

best race weekend of the year
(both Monaco and Indy will be boring)

I wish the rear wing on the Speedway kit was a tad larger. Other than that this is a huge cosmetic improvement.

I think you mean Monaco, Indy, and Charlotte.

Leave the thread making to people who know what they are doing.

Great interview with AA/FC racer Jeff Diehl.

youtube.com/watch?v=qVLsWgMAcBA

your thread was wrong on every level. the headlines you did manage to put in were even wrong. how does that even happen

Dunno if anyone posted this over the weekend but the nitro cars at Topeka were fast beyond insanity. Matt Hagan ran 3.802 338.85 mph in qualifying - fastest top speed for any vehicle ever in NHRA history.

For those who aren't familiar with NHRA drag racing: that's 338.85 mph, from a standing start, in 1,000 feet.

It happens because I wanted a discussion of Monaco, indy and charlotte but mostly the new charlotte ROVAL. However, theres never a turn left general so I usually go to motor/sp/ort but saw there was no thread so I made my own. If aspies could bump a thread and keep it alive then i would have never bothered.

Motorsport is usually made on Thursdays/Fridays Usually is allowed to die on Monday unless there are major happenings in the world of motorsport.

M A N T A
A
N
T
A

>mfw

Rovals are shit and Charlotte is shit. Why not use a real road course ?

also dale jr only hates road courses because he sucks at them

Then wait until someone posts the thread. Generals are cancer and we don't need that. Weds/Thurs-Sunday is fine. You've cucked OP out of several threads on big weekends and completely fucked the schedule so people don't know what's happening on those weeks.

That plug is weird on the speedway

That's not true at all. The Daytona road course offers some great racing and passing opportunites. Charlotte will award drivers that have good road course skills, while allowing them to still use the draft on the straights the way they do in the oval races.

Junior hates road courses because had a scary crash at Sonoma for the Le Mans series and suffered 3rd degree burns, and was nearly knocked out. Still swears that someone pulled him out, but no one did.
youtube.com/watch?v=FGR0KWLs51c

now that Robert Yates is going into the HoF, which car should be part of his display for the next year? Most people will probably say pic related, but am I the only one who thinks Dale Jarrett's 1999 QC Taurus should be the one?

Junior said on his podcast that he likes road courses and if there was an opportunity to do the Rolex 24 again he'd be interested, but he hates doing them in cup cars as the package is way too heavy, which is why he's always grumpy about them because he never places well and hates the package.

The Charlotte Roval is just a half measure to keep SMI and IMS happy and if it rains then they have to make a call to close off the banks and run the apron depending on what Goodyear brings. So I can understand why Dale might be snarky because it could either be an amazing race or an absolute clusterfuck.

>charlotte
youtube.com/watch?v=1abFQHVsThw

M A N T A
A
N
T
A

Bro, you didn't even get the name right.

You put /moto/ instead of motor/sp/ort.

I have been thinking though, we should have some kind of schedule template so anyone can make a good OP. I've thought about making a web tool to do it but I have no time..

>soon

N24 weekend. supplies ready. body ready

>tfw not ready at all
>no couch yet in new apartment
>don't have a weed hookup
>don't want to destroy my sleep schedule by stay up all night

>wtcc drivers

watching nascar practice is so comfy it's incredible

lmao rain in charlotte and indianapolis sun

>Racing Online in general.webm
But seriously that first corner though

dude divegrass lmao

this is the best and shitpostiest time of year in motorsport, the 500 thread is going to be a clusterfuck, and Sup Forums will be shut down if alonso actually manages to win
then the 600 will be boring

The 600 will be wet

THey could get the race in it will be starting late though.

Not soon enough.

the fuck is this high heel shit

What was it about the IROC cars that made them race so good on 1.5 mile tracks?

One of the greatest races I've ever watched was IROC at Texas back in 2006. That race was a thriller from start to finish (Pic related)

Indy is looking like it's gonna be wet/postponed a bit too

Quals getting going on FS1 brehs

Identical cars combined with low aero and low power

>angelelli
wew

>Larson

based mike joy

Jr has to win the Pepsi 400

Ives will never dial a car in at any track where handling matters. Hell he may not get it handling right at Daytona.

Bumps did a number to everyone but Harv. Was like they weren't there when he went over em.

Anyone have anything that they want to know from my Media Center adventure at CMS last week?

>no beer
>no snacks
>running low on baking supplies to make snacks

sorry but the next race jr wins will be 3 years from now in xfinity

Do racecar drivers drive manual or auto?

did jim utter ever leave the food table

>>>/redd/o/t/

These FS1 programs on the history of stock car are fantastic. Great story telling, and so many awesome stories.

The Tiny Lund one was pretty fucking cool. The 1992 Davey Allison one was mind blowing too. Dude had all those fucking broken bones and blood filled eyeballs and KEPT racing every single week. Shit like that would never happen these days.

Definitely recommend watching these to anyone who hasn't.

>nascar Charlotte roval next year

Rate my idea for one. But pls no bully drawing pls

I check the sports channels regularly and have never come across this. Do you have any specific titles I can look for?

Not sure what they're called. They've been on in the background on my TV while I'm finishing up a proj for work on after effects.

They just kinda tell stories about a star from the past. If anyone else knows what they're called please share.

>mfw when 1 of the 40 names they chose to put on the cup cars, of the thousands of dudes that died in Iraq and A-stan, is one of the dudes you worked with....

Utter really didn't leave the deadline room that much so I didn't see him in the common area where food was being served. FWIW he was actually quite nice to me - Someone I know at the Charlotte Observer recommended I introduce myself to him so we hit it off about that.

In terms of other beat reporters who stood out, Jeff Gluck was great. He gave me advice and told me about how he remembered being in a similar position when he was an intern with the Phillies. I got Weaver's number too, but we've known each other for a little while. Chase Wilhelm at FOX also went out of his way to be nice to me.

Also, J.J. Yeley said I look just like Bob Pockrass and even posted about it on Instagram. Bob's great too.

Whoa, Nascar races in London?

It's Loudon New Hampshire. That better be a genuine question and not bullying.

making fun of your shitass finger painting

Rude.

I will say though that everything you have heard about how NASCAR media members eat is true. The Media Center really spoils them - If you need an anecdote, I was on cake and cookie duty for the photographers during qualifying. I took a big tray of them from the media center to pit road, but I got re-routed by security and wasn't sure where to go. It was a bit of a predicament for a bit - Here I was in the middle of the spectator area with cake and cookies and I could hear all the whispers about "Damn, he's got cake and cookies!".

>I look just like Bob Pockrass
the absolute city of stevie

Why did they cut away just as half the field was hitting the tire wall?

Kek

>F1
a race to the top with insane mods that become obsolete as soon as the parts are milled

>stockcar
a far more accessible sport that anyone can get into and build their own

Quali soon, teams are just waking up

>tfw mana is actually going to do some presenting on Toyota's stream

What is Toyota Gazoo's current stream? Link please.

I think it will be on this page

toyotagazooracing.com/jp/nurburgring/special/2017/

>GAZOO Lady will serve as a reporter for Nurburg's nighttime relay this year!
Sugiyama charge time (Japan time)
5: 00 ~ 6: 30
15: 30 ~ 17: 00

Phone posting I'm afraid so it might not be correct

Why do shitskins do this? What are they even doing?

What are some cars, teams, drivers to be excited about for the Nürburgring race this weekend? It's my second time watching it and I have no idea. I like Japanese cars btw.

What is this?

What's the weather doing this weekend mate?

Unfortunately, this year the sun is shining

top kek, what a hilarious start to the race that was

The nurburgring 18hr was an all time classic.

Does the emil frey jag gt3 race in vln or just blancpain?

Blancpain only. It runs under a different homolgation

there were N24H with less net driving

3 days of sun with no clouds. As for the Eifel region the Nürburgring is at, this usually means thunderstorm and hail on Saturday evening. At least that's what the locals are putting their money on.

#39, Michael Eden decided to start the first round of the first qualification run of the weekend with a spin out on cold tires into the barries right at the end of the pit lane

Nissan not being in the 24H 2017!

Good stream coordination

Top 30 qualifying starting
nuerburgring.de/en/events-tickets/automobile/adac-zurich-24-hour-race/live.html

>switching tire manufacturers for qualifying

Manta Jag 1-2 when

S C G
C
G

>Glickenhaus on pole
W
e
w

Anybody got live timing?

jimmie ride

>Live Timing
24h-rennen.de/en/live-timing-ticker/
>Entry List
24hrennenassets.azureedge.net/wp-media/2017/05/24h-Rennen_Teilnehmerliste-final_25_05_2017.pdf

>food checked
>snacks checked
>beer checked
>2 bottles of rum checked
>Dual-Monitor setup checked
>my body is ready

Let 24h NS, F1 and Indy500 begin!

Same, but include NASCAR.

>>Dual-Monitor setup checked
You need to up your level, this is just for the N24h

Can I come over?

Yeah but do you have a gf?