This was actually very good. Probably his best film since Pulp Fiction

This was actually very good. Probably his best film since Pulp Fiction.

Reservoir Dogs > Jackie Brown > Pulp Fiction > Inglourious Basterds > Kill Bill > Hateful Eight > Django > Death Proof

It was shit.

"I liked it" =/= "It was good."

I agree OP, thought it was great.

I enjoyed it too, OP.

I liked the comfiness and banter

Agreed. Films don't get much comfier than this.

I can agree with this if yous swap Kill Bill with Django and and Hateful Eight with Basterds

it coul'dve been a pretty fun flick if tarantino wasn't so obsessed with races

It was pretty good. First half was superb, but the second half was a bit of a let down. Saw it in 65 mm actually, cool experience
Inglorious basterds i like more

BIG

Good film, nice and comfy
Reservoir>Inglorious>H8ful>Death Proof>Pulp>Kill Bill>Django>Jackie>Kill2

But thats really me opinion

Reservoir Dogs > Pulp Fiction > Hateful Eight > Kill Bill > Inglourious Basterds > Django Unchained

Never saw Jackie Brown

Jackie Brown is his best film. I'm yet to see this though, been meaning to for ages.

Jennifer Jason Leigh and Walton Goggins are the best parts about it.

Does that mean the only good parts? Or?

No the rest is good, but they really stand out amongst the rest of the cast. Even amongst Tarantino's other flicks.

And there's a BIG BLACK COCK scene as well. Not even kidding.

Leigh is great wherever, same with Goggins. He was reallly good in Vice Principals, so I'm not surprised.

Yeah, I remember when this was released and the screener came out. People kept posting that scene. That's all I've seen.

Tarantino is a fetishist and I feel like he's wanking himself off at times. I love his work, but you know he wants to be black, fuck some feet and maybe even gobble a bbc.

>Hateful Eight with Basterds
No

I have never wanted a hot bowl of stew so bad like after Hateful Eight.

Tarantino sure knows how to film food

>that cheeseburger in Pulp Fiction
>that strudel with whipped cream in Inglorious Basterds

>Never saw Jackie Brown

This is pretty common since it first glance it didn't appear to be a QT movie.

It's bretty gud though.

I liked it but I would have preferred more of a conventional narrative.

>Probably his best film since Pulp Fiction.
Hell no crazy.

It's a very good film. My main gripe with the script is that it relies too much in expository dialogue.

I get that it's practically a stage play, but sometimes it feels like "Tell, don't show: The Movie".

Pleb bait

oh I'm sowwy, did the bbc hurt your feelings?

oh my god, that strudel MMMMMM
I don't even like desserts

Brown > the final scene in Four Rooms > Dogs > Pulp > Bill > Proof > Eight > Basterds > Django

imho

I didn't like the narrator, or the fact that Samuel L Jackson called his cock a dingus.

Here.

This is the point I was getting at.
It just felt strange that after the he kills the general they decide to go back a bit to tell you the coffee is poisoned rather than build the tension a natural way.

the only thing bbc is hurting is your throat and anus you humongous faggot

>I-I'm super o-objective about movies I swear!!

Just enjoy life user, not everything needs to be critiqued

this is my guy.
although I would say I love pulp fiction a bit more than reservoir dogs

I still consider Basterds to be his best film. That said, I thought The Hateful Eight was very, very good.

Agree
i don't get why people put basterds at the top

This is objectively accurate.

This could be a pretty good website if you weren't obsessed with races

Which Tarantino film is the best? Which has good cinematography? Which script is better than the other? Remember in 9th Grade English class, your teacher taught you that saying you've liked ___ isn't really saying anything at all? When it comes to Tarantino, we never go past this apparently. Of course this type of discussion has its purpose, but it shouldn't dominate so much. Film discourse on Tarantino appears to be no more than yelp reviews, fully embracing the idea that film is just a commercial product and not a work of art. E.g. "Oh I give it 4 stars out of 5", "One and half thumbs up from me", "It deserves all the film awards."

Maybe it's because I just never understood how one Tarantino film can be "better" than another, but I also think a lot of people don't know how to discuss Tarantino films. That's why when you see Sup Forums threads or people talking about Tarantino, they can only say, "I liked this scene" or "I liked this character" or if they're feeling smart, "I liked the dialogue."

There is zero critical engagement or thought or analysis with what they've seen. There is zero discussion of the film form. You thought the film was good? Tell us more on how you thought the filmmakers used the specific camera framing and movement to create a dramatic effect. If you liked a scene, don't just describe the narrative. Tell us more about how that scene was edited and presented. Tell us why you think the filmmakers made the choices that they made, what are the implications of those decisions, even if it sounds reaching and unsupported. Tarantino films invite so much subjective interpretations, yet all we hear is what they like the best. Tell us why you like it. Questioning why you liked something is a great way to examine the relationship between you and the film's respective ideologies.

t. rampaging autist

Because Act 1 and Act 4 are his best scenes bar none

I felt like the first scene was Tarantino taking himself to a new level and getting past this "style over substance" thing which hangs over all his movies, and this turned into something more authentic

Here's the obligatory power ranking no one asked for that user has saved on a. docx

After the second half, it felt like classic QT. Anything could happen and you were on the edge of your seat trying to figure out where it was gonna go, only for it to subvert your expectations in a fun goofy way. Incredibly violent, almost too a fault (do I really need to see a woman be hung to death in real time?) but I enjoy QT loving his work

>Reservoir Dogs at the top
Nah. This is one of those films that seemed amazing the first time I watched it, but upon seeing it years later I realize it wasn't that great. Isnt bad, just not that great.

I was fucking dying laughing at the 'Big black dingus' part. One of Samuel L jackson's best performances.

BIG

Tarantino films are weakest when you can hear him in the dialogue, which is way too often.

>>>>>>> Death Proof
Pleb. Go back.

Mods should sticky this shit. It's true for most great directors not just Tarantino.

Yeah it was good, I love the dialogue, it's so comfy

I wasn't impressed. Didn't have any scenes with his typical agonizing tension.

It felt like someone making a Tarantino rip off movie

His last few films have gotten progressively worse since Kill Bill.

This p much

Other comfy movies include
>Jurassic Park
>I Am Legend
>Django
>Bourne Identity
>A Few Good Men

Switch Deathproof and Basterds and you've got yourself a solid list.

>The beer in Django

>best since Pulp Fiction
>its a shitty remake of Reservoir Dogs

its easily his worst movie yet

I thought it was a pretty bad movie, but could've worked perfectly as a play. The twist was a big letdown, so it falls apart in the second half. Also the overacting - while clearly intentional - just makes the movie drag, especially when combined with fucking ENDLESS exposition.

Shoilda been a stage play, not a movie. But I'm glad Tarantino is just doing whatever he wants.

agreed

>Jackie Brown
retard deniro, Jackie Obama Brown manlady... no thanks. it was crap
>Inglourious Basterds
nazis booo booo, jew supercoolteam to the rescue
>Death Proof
t-b-h dindt saw it

yup pretty awesome. ppl who didn't like it probably like the revenant.

I really wish it didnt have the black dingus part, otherwise I could actually watch it with my folks.

I've just realized, when rewatched Pulp fiction, that this bastard even then not only gave black Marceus a white wife, but also his Jimmy character had a black wife

tfw 'tarantino cuck' search show a krager comment

Agreed.

You guys just "like" it because the public doesnt

This, where I live it's frowned upon to be a cuck. And rightly so. Thanks weinstein

>this obese kike-posting autist is literally never away from his computer

lol kys

I loved it, I just didn't like the whole bbc scene. That wasn't funny or good and it took too long. If I rewatch that I'll probably just fast forward it. Otherwise I loved the rest.

DO the public not? I know critics didn't warm to it, but it seemed like everyone in the cinema loved it. It was a decent atmosphere in the cinema as well, I had to laugh at some people's reactions to the Mexican's death.

Though I'd still say public opinion is that Django is better.

Agreed with OP
pic related

Ha! He got you. I thought that scene was golden, I love the way he looks right at you while describing the dick sucking and says "starting to see pictures ain't ya?"

I love that it bugged you so mch that you can't rewatch it. Fuckingn faggot.

>Inglourious Basterds
>nazis booo booo, jew supercoolteam to the rescue
How can you miss the point of the movie so badly?

It's not that it bothers me in the way you're thinking. Forced dick sucking turns me on. It's just, it was a dumb scene that ruins an otherwise good movie.

Bait.

Inglorious Basterds is literally his master piece.

Americans tend to do that.

I never saw it, what was the point of the movie?

it was the pivotal scene, you fucking nimrod.
how autistic are you where you think everything else is great but not that? go fucking kill yourself, it's like saying OH I LOVE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, EXCEPT FOR THE PART WE LEARN VADER IS LUKE'S DADDY THAT WAS DUMB

Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs > Hateful Eight > Kill Bill > Inglorious Basterds > Jackie Brown > Django > Death Proof

I understand its purpose, it was poorly executed and over all, dumb. How can you not understand the difference? You're an idiot and this is my last post on the matter.

Whoa, I didn't think that many anons would agree with me. Thanks!

Man I wanted to like Basterds but it's like half of a good movie and half of a really bad one put together. You could argue the same is true of Death Proof, but at the very least it's got an appropriate runtime. Basterds is a painfully long movie.

I expected a bit more from this movie when it came out I didvenjoy it though
Channing Tatum was actually really good I didn't expect that the only bad things I can say about this film was the word nigger was grossly overused to the point it got annoying and it was also too bloody you can't have slasher movie amounts of blood and gore in a western it just doesn't mix.
As far as the forced dick sucking it was a little over the top but what was missing was in the script after he kills sandy goggins character confronts Sam - Jackson and says whatever he did was revenge for all the awfulness depraved shut they would do to captured niggers so the audience can assume from this that Samuel Jackson's character may have witnessed or experienced such abuse
This is totally missed out on with that scene being cut short

loved it

fucking hated inglourious basterds he really fucked up on that one

but this one was good and actually funny

Not his best. We already knew Tarantual was obsessed with BBC, but he took it to a new level.

Quentin Tarantino is a faggot ass nigger lover just like his momma, he's a rip off artist we all know it I could honestly lost the film's and film scenes he's ripped off of other movies that being said
Jackie brown> pulp fiction > inglorious bastards > kill bill vol1>django unchained >kill bill vol2>hateful eight>death proof

I'm my opinion inglorious bastards is his most watchable film besides pulp fiction

I know right what a cunt he's way too obsessed its funny how people think his style is so unique when guys like Scorsese and David lynch were dishing em out before he hit the scene

Agreed, enjoyed it very much. Reminded me very much from John Carpenter's The Thing, plus the soundtrack was amazing.

That's cuz it was a western version of the thing moron only the hateful right isn't half the movie the thing was

Really not too sure why Sup Forumshated it honestly. I think there's just a lot of fags that are allergic to good movies.

Yeah.

i fell asleep when they arrived at the saloon in the snow
i'm sure some like the movie but i couldn't

well i also didn't sleep the night before and my lips still smelled like pussy but i'm sure it didn't change the perceived quality of the movie

>Death Proof not at the bottom
HAHAHA holy fuck just stop user. Your opinion is shit

Top 3 are Dogs, Brown, and Pulp (in any order)
Bottom 3 are Django, H8ful, and Proof (in any order)
Anybody whose list deviates from this is an enormous faggot.

Because it was self indulgent, pointless, and straightforward with no surprising moments.

I just got back yesterday actually. I haven't been on for about 2 months after that.
I wish I could spend my life on here :(

it was ok. Not particularly memorable, outside of the forced interracial gay blowjob scene.

I'm trying to find a video about some old guy who talks about the writing in Jackie Brown just being to advanced for the average viewer, and that QT had to dumb his films down after that.

>Reservoir Dogs at the top, Death Proof at the bottom
How to spot shit taste 101

PF>JB>RD>H8>>>>>DU>KB>>>>IB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DP

>hi i'm jimmy "hammers" thompson
>wait... y-you... YOU are jimmy hammers?
>yeah
>YOU?
>yeah
>i don't believe it
>don't, idgaf
>wait, let me get this straight... you, the person here in front of me, are jimmy fucking hammers the best killer on the planet?
>yeah

this type of dialog fills 45 minutes of the movie, it's shit, death proof tier shit

I finally realized he is a hack

All that rambling dialogue is only there to keep you from noticing the nothingness of the movie

Pulp Fiction > Hateful Eight > Reservoir Dogs > Kill Bill > Jackie Brown > Inglourious Basterds > Django Unchained > Death Proof

Inglourious Basterds is objectively his best work, I'm sorry that it was too deep for your capeshit addled brain to understand.