Frodo, did I ever tell you about the time Me, Sauruman, Elrond and Galaldriel fought Sauron...

>Frodo, did I ever tell you about the time Me, Sauruman, Elrond and Galaldriel fought Sauron? Myself and 3 of the most politically powerful people in the world had decades of prior knowledge about Sauron's return but never acted on it. I don't know why I acted so shocked when I found out he was back. I was a bad strategist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TijkFnT8D-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Really makes you think

the Hobbit movies were fucking trash

Gandalf wasn't shocked about sauron''s return
Humans had been at war with sauron for decades before LotR began
He was shocked when he found out that the ring bilbo found was the one ring

>Frodo, did I ever tell you how my dwarven friends reactivated an old forgery that wasn't used for centuries and afterwards build a huge golden statue and all that in just a few minutes? They were good smiths.

>Did I ever tell you of Radagast the Brown? He was sort of like a medieval Doug Benson, driving around on a sled pulled by giant rabbits, high off his tits on weed. He was a whimsical fellow, but like me had magical abilities, such as healing wounds instantaneously, For some reason I never asked for his help after that adventure, I could have really used him in my quest to destroy the ring, I was a bad friend.

Spock was a good friend.

Post the Alfrid one.

he was shocked about the ring, not about sauron.

The Golden Statue already existed. It was melted through by the molten gold and collapsed on Smaug.

The scene with him on the solid gold lake was kino.

>He was sort of like a medieval Doug Benson
but Radagast is kind of funny and isn't a stuck up douche

Was Sam and Frodo the first gay couple in a Fantasy movie?

>Radagast is described by Gandalf as "never a traveller, unless driven by great need"

>In The Fellowship of the Ring, Radagast was unwittingly used by Saruman to lure Gandalf to his tower of Orthanc, where Gandalf was captured. Fortuitously, Radagast also helped rescue him by sending Gwaihir the Eagle to Orthanc with news of the movements of Sauron's forces. When Gwaihir saw that Gandalf was imprisoned on the top of the tower he carried him off to safety before Saruman realized he was gone.

Dumbass

>Did I ever tell you about the two blue wizards? Well, they exist. I'd tell you more about them, but it's been thousands of years.

>Well yes, they WOULD be incredibly helpful right now, particularly after Saruman's betrayal, I appreciate that Frodo, but I can't remember their names so I wouldn't know where to look for them

People expect too much of Gandalf. It ain't easy being an old man who knows how to do everything better than everyone else.

>I fucking told you not to get involved, but noo you had to take down the fucking balrog
>I'd put you in Mandos prisons for some eons but luckily for you, Saruman fucked up even harder than you did, so his position is vacant, so I'm sending you back
>really I don't know why we keep you guys around, all you do is either being lured by the enemy or spending too much time smoking old toby's

Is this an accurate depiction of how Gandalf's resurrection went down?

They both died in Rhun. They convinced a few thousand easterlings not to join sauron

>Frodo, I really should have investigated Bilbo's magic ring a little bit more thoroughly, it seemed very powerful and Bilbo got very protective of it

Grindelwald Dumbledore were the two blue wizards holy shit mind blown

>blue wizards

u mean the Blues brothers

Wrong, he got involved because Sauron was doing shit.

Manwe isn't God, he's just king of the Valar.
Eru is the God of Arda. He's the one that revived Gandalf into Gandalf the White. Manwe had no say in the matter.

>Frodo, I'm going to give you the ring and expect you to walk through a land you don't know and into the enemies stronghold where they'll surely see you and take the ring, but if they don't your task is to climb a mountain of doom which will be twice the effort for you as it would for any other man or elf since you're a halfling, go inside it and battle with the inevitable inner demons you will eventually develop and lose to proving my theory about hobbits completely wrong - what's that? No, you can't use my eagle.

I thought Eru took very much a backseat role after creation and gave Manwe the title of "King of the valar" and didn't interfere much after that

Hobbit movies aren't canon, just disregard them

Star Wars prequels >>>> Hobbit triology.

Hobbies movies are among the worst flicks ive ever seen.

Frodo, did I ever tell you how I knew all along that Bilbo had a ring of power?
I never really bothered checking up on what kind of ring it was, if it might be dangerous, or if it in fact was the long lost one ring which could determine the fate of all mankind. It was also around that time that I met the evil lord Sauron, who had once almost destroyed the entire world and was thought to be dead, although here he was, clearly still alive. Oh, and I met with Saruman who said he would confront him or something. Although come to think of it, I don't think he actually did anything about that. Anyway, I really couldn't be bothered to see if these things were connected. You see, at the time I decided togo wandering for a few decades and smoke my pipe while doing noting in particular. Radagast also had some excellent mushrooms I took a liking to although I think they might be affecting my memory.
Hm, what was I talking about again? I'm a forgetful friend.

Since they were planning to go all out anyway I kind of wish they had included Tom Bombadill in that fight since they had already jumped the shark

Objectively speaking, the Hobbit trilogy was better than the LOTR trilogy.

If ainur "die", their spirit goes straight to the void. Manwe had nothing to do with the void once he created his physical body on arda.
Eru can choose to bring back anyone he pleases from the void. Manwe cannot.

Isn't he the one that sends the eagles?

ah, thanks for the clarification. So Mandos doesn't have anything to do with sending him back? All he has is a responsibilty to make sure that the dead take the right path to the void?

off track, but are uruk-hai a subspecies of orc?

The halls of Mandos are for elves and men exclusively. Ainur like Gandalf or Sauron go straight to the void.

Who the fuck killed two wizards on gandalf lvl?? Nah can't be

>Go North, by which I mean West because there's fuck all North of here but more dragons and then more fuck all and then snow, find the Dunedain, who I know you're intimately familiar with because we both remember the entire history of mankind. There is a ranger among them, you should meet him, he's ten years old so he's still living in Rivendell. His father Arathorn was a big guy, for me, which you know already, his son may be a big guy, for you. He will be known in a little shitburg town you'll never visit as Strider, I'm not telling you his real name but it rhymes with Arathorn and he's the only ten year old human in Rivendell, probably. Legolas, your mother loved you, which of course you know because you spent thousands of years together and as we're empathic elves I don't think we're capable of not loving our children, but maybe in AD&D or Warhammer or something we'll look like assholes.

lel

>ywn see a blue wizards spinoff where they save the world without anyone ever knowing their selfless sacrifice
>the ending has a sequence where they're having a last stand taking on hundreds of olyphants using recycled footage from rotk

kek

>When she calls you by your nickname

Anyone think it was hot when she called him Mithrandir?

Galadriel wanted frodos dick right?

Where do Dwarves and Hobbits go? And orcs, trolls etc?

fuck I hate these Hobbit movies

>hey remember that last chapter in LOTR about degeneracy and how race mixing results in societal collapse and infinite corruption unless you do something about it? and how Sauron setup shop in Hobbiton and basically turned it into a multicultural shithole that pumps out industrial garbage and essentially destroys the Hobbits home village and turns the populace against itself until his lies are revealed and he's ousted forever? terrible right? thankfully our good friend Peter Hackson left this very important story that wraps up the books out of the movies

i thought aragorn was like 80 in LoTR
the hobbit was 70 years before LoTR?

Bilbo is 111years old at the start of LOTR. That kind of tells you all you need to know.

This video series helped me heal the wounds. Especially the part about the action.
youtu.be/TijkFnT8D-U

He was called Mithrandir by the elves waaaaay before anyone started calling him Gandalf though.

it's the lisp "th" sounds that makes it sexy

He was called Olórin way before that in Valinor
He wasn't named Mithrandir (literally the Grey Pilgrim) until he arrived in Middle Earth

Hmmm sounds familiar...

> remember that last chapter in LOTR about degeneracy and how race mixing results in societal collapse

no

>thankfully our good friend Peter Hackson left this very important story that wraps up the books out of the movies

it would have been anti-climactic as fuck

>He was called Olórin way before that in Valinor
Yes I know.
>He wasn't named Mithrandir (literally the Grey Pilgrim) until he arrived in Middle Earth
Bullshit. Mathrandir was a name given to him by the Teleri, the elves that stayed in Valinor instead of coming to Middle-Earth.

Gandalf abandoned the party to go to Dul Goldor to battle the necromancer (Sauron) in the book. It just wasn't explained in further depth than that. It wouldn't have made sense to an audience unfamiliar with the book for Gandalf to just leave them like that, and frankly it wasn't a very good part of the book. The movies were shit, but this is not an example of it.

>given to him by the Teleri, the elves that stayed in Valinor instead of coming to Middle-Earth.

Bullshit, it was a name given to him in Gondor

>it would have been anti-climactic as fuck

as opposed to that scene of him rowing a boat and emotionally hugging 50 people? no matter what Hackson did it was going to be a long winded ending

what if i dont know how old he was in the hobbit? then knowing his age in lotr doesnt help

They go over their reasoning for leaving it out in the making of docs.
Essentially it would have fucked up the pacing by having another segment with action in it after the climax of the movie, and while it provided some character development it wasn't important to the main narrative. The books aren't structured like a modern movie at all and they had to do their best to include as much as they could in the best ways they could.
It's the same reason they left out Tom Bombadil and the Barrow-Downs section in the first movie.

It's set 60 years before.

That was Saruman, not Sauron. The orcs called him Sharky so the big twist reveal is that Saruman is shaping up to be a new dark lord and the hobbits take him out.

You can see that they had plans for including this in the scene at Galadriel's fountain. There you see the Shire sieged and the hobbits enslaved.