Hey, lonelyfag here again I guess

Hey, lonelyfag here again I guess.
Come on in, let's try and chat or something.

>why does it feel like everyone only plays those big competitive multiplayer games and nothing else

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b4wHh_x_ojo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they are. It's more fun than playing a single player in ways, and don't have to play with AI

*A computer not AI* plus it's more fun online imo

I dunno. I don't find any of those games fun.
Coop stuff is mostly fine. I mean, there's Killing Floor 2 and Borderlands 2 as some of the best co-op stuff out there.
Single player has some great shit too. I mean, Subnautica is a great game, we got plenty of half decent shit recently.

I dunno. I'm just not interested in playing those competitive-ish games where everyone is just always angry at everyone in the game or the game itself.

I guess if an RTS was the big thing that everyone was into, I'd probably have an easier time understanding. But that stuff, I just can't understand.

Personally it started with LoL for me.
Afterwards everything that wasn't competitive multiplayer felt bland and made me lose motivation/interest to play (apart from a couple single player games).
Really wish I could go back to simply liking anything but those competitive multiplayer games.

I dunno. Sc2's ladder was my entire life for about two entire years until I burnt myself out.
Haven't gone back to competitive shit since.

Also never really liked League. It was always more a thing that I would reinstall and play with people just to try and fit in.

Hello Lonelyfag. It's good to see you again.

Hi again probably.
I'd say it's good to be back but that'd be a lie.
I'd rather be gone from this place ya know.

>[
Honestly I've dropped League for the most part, only playing casually with friends once in a while. Having gotten a new computer hopefully I can finally buy and play decent single player games (mainly Subnautica). Hopefully I can finally enjoy a single player game =/

Subnautica was surprisingly good. I mean, it's a good sign if it managed to catch (and keep) the attention of someone like me.
>I hate open world crafting/building bullshit games
>I'm fucking scared of the ocean

It's not so bad here, at least in small doses. Your threads are nice.

Honestly, I wish I could just leave and stuff but I can't really. I came really close to but fucked it as usual.
So back I am with the threads.
Anyway, what's up and stuff?

heh. Guess the thread's dead. Already.

post your butt

How about I don't

Post your tail!

so hows your life?
still a pathetic loner?

Hi. Never seen your threads before. Fuck games, did you watch the Olympics?

I keep my cat parts hidden.

>still a pathetic loner?
yes
>how your life
Depends on how you look at it I guess

I don't really like sports sorryyyyy

I wish I had something other than a cellphone to play games on... Quit yer bitchin

Ironically i just picked up FFxiv last week and havnt done anything else since. Games like that have a way of filling your time with something amazing i guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=b4wHh_x_ojo

Oh that sucks. I don't really either but there's something so beautiful about figure skating. Makes the Olympics great for me. What kinda games do you play the most of right now?

Another lonely fag here. I haven't really played any games apart from Minecraft and Skyrim in the past 7 years. I simply dont have the PC for gaming, i wish i couls play the witcher and stuff like that. Also I wanna get into Diablo when i can get a new PC (which is not gonna happen soon). Also also i do love games like sim city 4, empire earth and Civilization. I dislike highly competitive games as well OP

Get a console or something. Cheaper than a PC at least.

MMOs require friends to be fun for me ;w;

>What kinda games do you play the most of right now?
None, haven't played anything for long since I finished Subnautica.
Tried getting back into playing some co-op stuff with people but everyone just kinda stopped showing up so there was that.
I wanna go back to Diablo 3 since I know they buffed Barbarian. KF2 hasn't seen play in a while. Neither has BL2.

Oh boy, civ 6 just got its first major expansion maiboi. You have a lot to catch up on.

Honestly. Firaxis and Paradox have a tendency to put a billion DLC in their already expensive games and I ain't a fan.

It's sad cause I love Stellaris and Civilization but fuck if I'm not paying over 60 bucks for any of their stuff.

Have you tried MMOs like SWTOR or Elder Scrolls Online? They can feel like single player games with other people in it.

Ffxiv fag here. I could see what you mean to a point. I circumvent that with being an obsessive crafter. I can spend hours listening YouTube in the background while chopping trees. But on another note, there are huge amounts of guilds around that are very welcome and homely to new players. If you ever wanted to be a not lonely fag, id certainly be happy to introduce you.

Btw op you got any hot anime pics to post?

I can't afford a console and TV.

Thats why you wait till a year after release ;] i got civ 5 back in the day. Complete edition. 10 bucks on steam sale.

TESO has a stupid business model with which I don't agree and I dislike Star Wars. sooooooo not really

Get a job (or better job) then get that stuff or something. I dunno mate.

wrong thread for that.

What's the business model you disagree with?

what color undies are you wearing?

>there are huge amounts of guilds around
There are a huge amount of Discord Servers
all of which claim to be welcoming, none of which feel welcoming to me.
I dunno, I can't get into MMOs and things in general if I don't already know someone and have the comfort and stuff.

We are well over a year after Civ VI's release and the price barely drops during sales.

>full price AAA game
>multiple editions
>expansions
>ingame premium currency

Nothing new here. Just work and sleep. I'm off today

Thank you for letting me chat and filling my waking afternoon with something more wholesome than the usual. Whether I'm no life inn games or working, I'm always happy to chat. Discord is Y.T.#6024
Ciao

So....Every MMO ever?

The base game + expansion is 30 dollars.

none of your business

I see

>>full price AAA game
>>multiple editions
>>expansions
>>ingame premium currency

Actually double checked my facts. Price is lower than expected. Still retarded. However there's a Premium Membership. So that evens out things.

Anyway, point is, I don't like games that are telling me to spend more after I already paid for them.

But pretty much every MMO has a subscription cost. ESO's is arguably the best model out there. Subscription which includes every aspect of the game + 15 bucks worth of crowns every month to spend on whatever you want.

But he she already said mmo's weren't for them xp

Point is, I disagree with this model in general.
If you want me to pay monthly, don't give me an upfront price of however much you think I have to pay.
If you want to use F2P elements (micro-transactions, in game premium currency) then be F2P.

Lootboxes are even worse and less okay. Even in F2P games.

True. Sorry. Just trying to explain MMO models

Ah, so you're one of """those""" people. Got it.

You mean, the people that want the game industry to be better and less shitty towards its customers?
Then yes, I'm one of them.

If AAA games were $100 a piece but I was guaranteed to have the full game. I'd buy it. It'd be my only purchase of the month. But at least it was honest about its cost.

I'm tired of seeing a full price product with micro-transactions, season pass, DLC outside of the season pass, multiple tiered editions and cosmetics stuff. And then the game gets re-released two years later as a brand new remastered edition for full price. Usually with more DLC shit.

Those people make an excellent point. Those ever expanding lottery type systems are cancerous. No matter what pretty label or picture you put over it

MMOs are designed to keep you entertained for years, not for 4 months. You want to pay 30 bucks for ESO and expect the devs to continue creating expansions, fixing bugs, creating new content without getting paid?

A subscription cost keeps the game around so you can continue to play 4 years later.

No, I want to pay 20 bucks (or whatever other price they find acceptable) a month for ESO. With no other costs on top of it.

You didn't understand my point.
I'm very fine with a subscription in a MMO.
Just not fine with the MMO having every other type of payments put in it too.
Remove all premium currency and the upfront price/DLC prices and I'll be just fine with the thing.

Or put a really high entry fee. And then sell every expansion separately, but don't put a subscription fee on it.

They can pick whichever model they want.
Just stick to one. Not try to put all of them in the game.

But....no one is forcing you to buy "premium currency" (which you receive with subscription) or any other cosmetics.

Why remove things people enjoy buying, when no one is forced or needs to buy any of it? Is this a jealousy thing against people who can afford to drop a couple hundred bucks a month on cosmetic horses? If so, I suggest counseling.

Eww, your opinion is gross. Imo

>cant afford cosmetic items that support the game and its devs
>watches other people buy nice things with money they earned
>waaaaaah i cant afford but they can pls remove everything they can buy while i convince myself its really for the gaming industry and not my lack of wealth

love the art you post, so damn cute

It doesn't matter whether I'm not forced to pay for it.
I paid for the game, I already gave you my money, you don't have to keep milking me for more shit.

I'm old enough to remember a time when I bought a game and I'd get everything in it with said game. The additional costumes for my characters weren't locked behind a paywall.

They're in the game, I already paid for the game, why do I have to keep giving you money to get cosmetics stuff?

You're just defending something that shouldn't exist.
Corporations exist to make money. I'm fine with them making money. But they're trying to make literally all the possible available money and I'm not okay with that.

I'll always take PoE and Warframe as great examples of how to monetize a game.
In both those Free to Play games, you can play the entire game, for free. Without ever having said game try to milk you.
The game will of course offer you stuff but declining it has no impact on anything, you didn't pay for the game.

The cosmetics stuff is locked behind a paywall but it's the only paywall. Hell, I'm one of those idiots who has put hundreds into Warframe just for cosmetics stuff. All of that because the game never begged me for anything and never pressured me into it.

It's nothing to do with jealousy and nothing to do with the devs.
If you truly believe that all the money made from those games goes back into the games and the devs, you're very wrong and uneducated and I'm sorry.

Thank you~

No, I'm not op. I played league for 8 years. Put over 800 dollars on cosmetic items. I am no stranger with paying money to look cool. I called your opinion gross because 1, instead of debating op's point you backslashes and resorted to being a cunt. And second, as their point stated. They aren't looking for a game with those multiple payment levels and schemes. They never said, just as i didnt, there isnt anything wrong with having an upfront cost, with having a sub fee, or having microtransactions or premium content. They stated they are not interested in a game that has two or three lumped together. Get out of here with muh bias. You're being an asshole while fighting for a cause no one gives a shit about

>but they're trying to make all the money

You said it yourself. Fact is, people enjoy buying cosmetics. Otherwise, guess what, they wouldn't be in the game.

You aren't forced to buy them. So you're saying you want to get rid of what people enjoy because "i dont like it".

You sound very ignorant. Let me guess, American, early 20s, 24 at most, just making above min wage?

Probably spot on. Here's something to think about:

People buy stuff. Corporations sell stuff. Corporations figure out the best way to sell more stuff. People buy stuff. Corporations make money. Corporations buy stuff.

Just because you can't afford to buy stuff, doesn't mean you should try to change everyone else. Enjoy your thread ;)

no, thank you
>tfw no cute catboi to hug

I'm disappointed in where this conversation went. I thought I could've had a somewhat interesting debate with someone but you resorted to personal attacks over constructive discussion. So this will be the last thing I'll say to you.
Sorry I guess. I got my opinion and you've got yours. I don't really care about converting anyone to my opinion. Just wanted to hear the other side of things.

Step 1
Freeze yourself in a cryogenic chamber for a hundred years
Step 2
Come back when we can genetically engineer cat people

i only play overwatch because that's what is most popular right now. other than that my scene is all indie bullshit like touhou. i can't stand codww2.

Where can I find more catboys?

stealing this for my folder

I tried Overwatch when it had a free weekend and didn't like it at all. Dunno, not my type of game probably.

>>/cm/
Probably over there.

But what if i want my catboi now/ don't know how to freeze myself :/

overwatch is totally bullshit. i can't stand it either. like i said the only reason i play is because it's popular. i don't even touch ranked mode. just grab my lootboxes each week and run away,

craft one I guess

Couldn't really force myself to do that tbh.
You should try to do something else maybe.

went from loving it at launch to playing like two times in 6 months, ranked is trash dont even try it, lol

>craft one I guess
teach me senpai

>No future
>Conscript
>Been here for half my life
>Surrounded by mean spirited people
>Dad thinks I'm a useless fag
>Very gold at social interactions but hate them
I just wanna go though life with as little social interaction as possible and as little shit from people as possible

Feel free to lol

Why don't we just kidnap OP and make him wear cat ears?

Stealing this one too

>wear
The implication that I wasn't born with mine is an insult.

I mean, walking in this thread if you don't want social interaction sounds like a very confusing move.

You just need a cat and a recombobulator properly set up. Ask your friendly neighborhood gnomes if they got any to spare/lend you.