Why exactly do countries in the Americas have a military?

There's no one close to invade, other than Russia (and that part of Russia is basically uninhabited) and there's no real conflict among our countries, so why is there a need for militaries?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Brazil
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_War
youtube.com/watch?v=UdzwYpXVYe8
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seawolf-class_submarine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You should know better, fuck

Dude, they are literally the only strong institution we have left

the US will prevent eastern-hemisphere powers from invading you, but you still need your own armies to stop Chile from just doing what comes natural to them.

Here it is, the monroe doctrine supporter, what a retard.

To keep US from completely bullying you guys

because once you dont have one, ppl get ideas about easy "justifible" grabs of land, ppl, assets, anything that they see up for grabs

never disband your armies
t. trianon

Costa Rica doesn't have one and nothing has happened to them.

Nicaragua invades them everyday
But they do have a military type police force
It's a small country

US economy on 70 percentages relies on MIC. The countries of Latin America are forced to adjoin to this militant monster, while themselves being torn apart by the local mafia and bandit formations. Gee go figure.

>fuckton of resources
>commie neighbors

We have our reasons.

The only cunts that buy heavily US gear is Colombia.

As long as the US stays friendly, we actually truly don't. However, a sizeable military can improve economy through fomenting of state-of-art tech, as long as it can later become commercialized as consumer goods.

most of them don't, only we, Mexico and the US have an actual military because of internal problems (and dick measuring in the case of the USA)

>US
>Friendly

Nope, it's pretty known that US isn't that much of a reliable "ally". Our military learnt that well during the crisis we had with France in the 60's.

Has Brazil ever being invaded by another Latin American country?

We are the 7th oil petroleum producer.
Guess why now.

Also military "handles" most problems instead police.

Paraguay

Some.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Brazil

>countin the lobster war as a war
whew lad

And Chile?

>Crisis

Back to school my white friend.

Don't be salty
Plz sell Yak-130

Don't do it, seriously.

Didn't Russia sold us some things like a month ago?

We got some months ago.

The last I know is just the overhaul of the helicopters, but I dunno

Aren't they fighting Narcos in your country?

>the US will prevent eastern-hemisphere powers from invading you

I don't think this is true anymore

You'd have a point if they were serious buyers if our equipment. I'm assuming more buy your gear.

>M48 patton and M3 still in service
>Colombian army
hahahahaha

>Our military learnt that well during the crisis we had with France in the 60's.
Please tell me this isn't what your talking about because we had nothing to do with it.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_War

It was never true

It's literally under your list of wars.

Oh man we are a cluster fuck of gear from everywhere

I really would like to know how your military makes equipment decisions

When we were about to send warships to north the US ambassador said that the govt wouldn't support and we shouldn't return them to Rio. Some of the shíps were "leased or given" after WWII or something.

Also US govt was clearly supporting the frogs even though they sent warships into our waters. Rio pact is a fucking joke desu.

>wiki

>This looks nice BUY IT
Pretty much it was like that
Its changing tho, but at a quite slow pace

You're the least apt to ask this dumb question, mejico.

By the way, could you guys rate the mejican accent on this video? I'm genuinely curious about how accurate it is. The part in question starts at 4:45 min.

youtube.com/watch?v=UdzwYpXVYe8

No

If you have a problem with Wikipedia don't use it as your source macaco.

I thought maybe it was bribe related but I also get the big kid aspect.

>Thinking Trump has any effect on anything important
Kek. Despite all his bluster and pandering to the Bible Belt retards and /r/the_polnald, business is usual. C.f. that billions arms deal with Saudi and then Qatar. About the only thing he has done that came to fruition was defunding the National Parks. Even the withdrawal from that global warming accord had no effect since the major economic US states said they're keeping to it. The US establishment will cut and chew its own dick before allowing Russia or China any real foot hold in its own backyard.

I was showing him about the countries that tried to invade. Learn context you fat nigger.

Its more like the military asks for congress to approve purchases, but the government sees better use for the money, in their pockets, so they only approve half of purchases or shit we really don't need, like the Mi-26 helicopters we bought.
Our military had it hard until the drug war started, but still, they hadn't received all the shit they asked for.
The black hawks and the EC225 the US and France sold to us are the shit our military really wanted and really needed, but for example, the Air force asked for attack helicopters to support ground troops and no, it got blocked, they asked for air surveillance planes, and they got half because they decided to buy another VIP transport plane

greatest ally

Ok, thanks anyway

That stinks during the Cold War are military used to say Russia had all this stuff and it was amazing and better than ours so they needed xyz and they got it despite it being b.s. We didn't have a problem hearing Soviet subs and the Soviets had a problem hearing ours but the Navy implied that the Soviets subs were almost impossible to detect. At least we got the Sea Wolf even if we only have a few.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seawolf-class_submarine

Directly after WW2 up to the 1980s we had a pretty decent military, but in the late 80s and 90s it went to obscurity.

Pls buy.

are you some sort of retard leftist or just clueless? half of the countries of the World buy weapons from US. Brazil and Mexico the most in Latin America.