I thought it was great.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_pub_bombings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What was your favorite line? Mine had to be

>Let the Lard of the land come farth

Good watch

I love it when two enemies end up shaking hands

As someone from the Republic, Jamie Dornan's accent is atrocious.

Oh man, I haven't seen a burn that bad in over a decade.

Fucking wrekt.

mine was
>smoke them fukking niggers lads
how did they get away with it tho?

It feels like half the movies set in Sub-Saharan Africa have "the UN is useless and/or incompetent" as one of their most important lessons.

Irish army are manlets desu

Wasn't he trying to sound like the real guy and ended up sounding.....something.

That's not even true. The filmmakers know there's more to France than just Paris, no?

Almost everyone is compared to the Dutch.

It is true because the French surrendered. The fact that the Germans were only at Paris by that point is irrelevant.

What do the filmmakers have to do with this?

if u aint dutch ur only a bit

>Ireland is a nation which has never committed aggression's against another

I guess blowing up innocent women and children with bombs planted in public spaces doesn't count?

Then why were French forces still fighting? What about Southern France?

Writers. Whoever had that line put in the movie.

Pretty good. I thought 13 Hours was better though.

>That one inappropriate Wilhelm scream when the rest of the movie is deadly serious
Fuck your stupid movie meme.

Northern Ireland vs Northern Ireland so yeah, statement holds true.

Films good, Doran's accent is sadly what people from his neck of the woods sound like. It's solid. It's not winning any awards but worth a look (if not a bit forgettable)

>Northern Ireland vs Northern Ireland so yeah, statement holds true.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_pub_bombings

Oh fair but still Northern Ireland vs England.

If you didn't get that this was about the Republic then I can't help you. Different nations. It's like thinking South Korea is building nukes. Separate nations

Those bombings were carried out by the IRA which was directly supported by the Republic with the goal of annexing the north.

That's still debated but even if it were true it's still not carried out by the republic. It's like saying Russia and the US engaged constantly during the Cold War when in reality it was proxy wars

The Republics government at the time Sinn Féin was the political wing of the IRA.

It's not a proxy war if Russia is planting bombs and blowing up people in the mainland US. Just as the IRA was carrying out attacks directly in England.

Sorry, can you reword that first part? Sinn Fein wern't in power here (also I appreciate that we're both actually talking about this shit like adults)

Good movie. I know the sons of some of the Irish veterans, their dads were laughed at by the rest of the Irish army even though the cunts were never in a battle and the Jadotville guys were.

It's okay desu, i'm from Kerry which is what his accents supposed to be. It's passable. But I read somewhere quinlans accent in real life was jumbled up between Kerry and Athlone.

We actually conquered western Scotland and parts of Wales, but ssshhhh, we're upholding our victim narrative.

I'm from Cork. Loads of my friends in college were from Kerry, and none of them sounded like him.

I liked it but the ending (salutation etc) and some of the dialogue was waaaaayyyy to cheesy.

Tyson's version of this quote is way better

>Then why were French forces still fighting?

Paris fell on June 14, the French surrendered on June 22. They kept fighting for 8 extra days, I guess maybe this throwaway line should have mentioned that.

>What about Southern France?

Became a puppet state known as "Vichy France".

But the quote is not even Rommel's

People saying shit in movies don't have to be right all the time you know? Just like real life.

Dumb frog eating french fuck, the french are surrender monkeys what has history taught you.

Sinn Fein stopped being a political force in the Republic of Ireland after 1932. They are the dis illusioned party. If Ireland gets pissed off with its centre right government it elects its other centre right government. Its all about Fianna Fial and Fianna Gael.

The Bombing by both sides were carried out by terrorists. The South never armed or helped the IRA. I live on the border there will never be a united Ireland and thats fucking great. Northerners can get cheap fuel here and we get Asda and a few other bits and bobs there side. Brothers from another mother...

stupid UN propaganda a corny acting

I swear by the thumbnail, the motherfucker looks like Chris Pratt.

sinn fein has never been in government most irish people except those seeking handouts would never vote for them terrorist fucks

The UN is largely responsible for the hellish state of Africa today. Before the UN, colonialism brought a bit of civilization to various Africa countries. They had some really brutal aspects but the improvements to the whole of the country outweighed the draw backs, especially when considering their brutality was a drop in the bucket compared to what was, before colonialism.

So you have Belgium expats developing a savage, stupid, place in the world to bring things like...doctors, books, education, economic development and the UN tells them to stop and get out of Africa. They are eventually forced to and then we have genocides as a result, consisting of millions and millions of deaths. The Irish were stupid cucks for helping enforce the UN. The UN has never done a single thing in the interest of common people.

>So you have Belgium expats developing a savage, stupid, place in the world to bring things like...doctors, books, education, economic development and the UN tells them to stop and get out of Africa
>Belgians
>In the Congo
>Civilized

Your must be having a laugh m80.

''''''Innocent''''''

was a bit too obvious teebz, the final delivery wasn't very clever

>inb4 butthurt french
I am not Frensh I swear

Poor quality bait. Congo during Leopold II's regime was a completely different thing than during Baudouin's reign. Prior to decolonization Belgians were making big steps in education of native Congolese so they could actually run their country themselves. It just all got fucked because Belgium was rushed by UN to abandon Congo and Lumumba swindled his people.

so this kind of shit was occurring before the belgians, and then millions died after they left

and thats somehow better than belgians chopping hands off people?

ITT: movies that nu-males don't understand

It wasnt just chopping hands off people, the Belgians created a hand economy.

Villages were required to provide the Belgians X amount of rubber every month.

If they provided under X rubber the remainder was to be paid in the weight of hands.

This meant a village would become less productive because they were losing workers.

This caused villages to go raid other villagers hands to be able to pay the Belgians the required hands which lead to further decreases in productivity.

Eventually you have an entire country paying for things in chopped off hands in order to keep Belgian soldiers from coming to your village to chop off more hands.

desu now that i think about its sort of funny

The Republic never supported the IRA, they were an illegal organisation there. My provo father says Garda were worse than the RUC

Shitty writing, I don't know what they were going for with the overembellished hollywood action (Fucking vickers in the back of a jeep shooting at a jet and downed heli with never happened) but I enjoyed the butthurt about Cruiser's portrayl

WTF i hate french mercenaries now