What's the application process for joining the Army like?

What's the application process for joining the Army like?

I need to do something in life that gives me purpose.

Talk to recruiter. Take asvab. Go to meps

Dont do it you'll regret that, just get a normal job and enjoy not being in "prison"

No, the army will only give you herpes
But srs, if you're 18 just park your butt somewhere around a recruiter's office and they will find you.

I hate what you people would consider "normal" jobs.

please make the right decision and become a lean green killing machine marine and make a difference, dont become another recruit for your recruiters monthly quota. Make your family proud by earning the title of a fucking US Marine, make something of yourself. And god bless for wanting to serve this country

Imagine a normal job, with all of the bullshit it entails dialed by 9001 percent, that you literally can't quit on pain of imprisonment

That's the US military.

why do you want to join the Army?

don't join and pick a gay job. it will be just like having that gay job in the civilian world, but with more rules and more bullshit. And you will be surrounded by soft, faggots.

Pick a combat MOS.. and by that I mean, 11b

ya if ur fixed on joining the army get a combat role and kill sum haji fuckers

What, like working in retail, sucking customer dick with a fake smile on your face?

Hunt the log poster down and tie him up and post pic with a (i have the shit poster tied up, what do?) Coment

Thanks for the insight, man

Search replace "customer" with "officer", but yeah pretty much.

This cause the stress & shit pay the military gives

That's the plan, Stan. Either that or die in combat. Life is pain, death is release.

Former 11B here in a recon unit.
Great job, if you love being treated like shit and learn what it's like to be expendable. Military not for everyone user. I got in at 17 and 23 currently still in. Cooks have the worst job, by far. But if anything go active. Also keep in mind the army gets the shit end of everything. Stay a piece of shit civilian man. Also most people in the service are fake as fuck. Full of nigger and fags. The shots fuck ya up inside and after your first deployment you'll want to kys. Trust me user your not cut out for that business. None of us do it for the pay, and we never will. We do it because we love our country and our flag. You will never understand until you are in and have deployed friendo.

Thanks for the insight

Good one m8. You do it for the benefits, you dog.

Considering im in the cf id say anything not military is "normal", getting treated like shit nd being stuck in a prison like compound as a job is not normal

You mean cf as Canadian Forces?

What benefits. Are you fucking kidding me fam. Tens of thousands of Veterans are still dying from not receiving these benefits. How would you even consider the army a pay out in anyway other then knowledge and experience.

It's easy af, but if you've ever had any mental disorders don't tell them, you're supposed to get disqualified. Your recruiter will probably lie for you but if they ever find out you get the ol' dishonorable discharge and then you're turbofucked for life.

Also don't expect to do anything cool or fun for the next 2-4 years. It's gonna be shit, all the way down. The officers are shit, most of the people are shit, the food is shit, the sleep is shit, the places are shit, everything's shit. Just keep in mind that you're saving a lot of cash and when you get out you'll be in great physical shape. Not mental though. Mentally, you'll be fucked.

Get used to "hurry up and wait".

>Tens of thousands
What?

Damn this is the military summed up perfectly

Yup

I've worked in retail, and it's not normal. Trying to sell cellphones, paint, you name it. Having to cater to customers is best reserved for gay people who have the patience. Maybe I'm a narcissist, but at least in the forces there's a sense of comradery (from what I'm lead to believe) and working towards a common goal, not trying to meet some gay sales quota

Give you some more info.
1. Talk to a recruiter.
2. If you have time take the mock ASVAB while you are there.
3. If you score decent they tell you if you want to go to MEPS soon. If you don't score good they tell you to study and try again.
4. You go to MEPS at least 3 times. To take the ASVAB. To do the physical. To ship out.

Don't think about joining the marines. They are glorified for no reason. I grew up next to Camp Pendleton had a lot of marine neighbours that hated it. Join any branch besides the Marine Corps.
Also if you want to leave as soon as possible join the army and remember everyone's experience is different.

>Tens of thousands of Veterans are still dying from not receiving these benefits.
Shocker, people not cut out for civilian life don't make it when they're discharged. Nobody really cares about vets anyway it's all posturing.

Lol I'm actually Canadian as well, but a bankruptcy on my credit file is a thorn in my side.

I've read when they question this, you gotta give a damn good answer

if you just want to enlist and don't give a shit about a specific program or anything like that, literally just walk into local recruiter say I want to enlist. They'll give you a bit of paperwork, schedule you for the asvab and a physical then you swear in and you are in the army. Really simple.

I actually live right near a cf base, and it's practically what I consider normal. Pay, sure it's tough, but the money is worth it

>the shots fuck ya up inside

I'm curious, do you personally mean more you shooting at other people, or visa versa, or both fuck you up?

>Nobody really cares about vets anyway
Idiot

Ugly. Just ugly. It's a shame you lack the care of those who put forth more then you ever will for this great nation. Live it up on the backs of veterans who stood tall and fearless while they beat down evil. Now they get left and forgot about, and you shrug it off like ah oh well, they chose that life. Bullshit man. You dont be to dance on the graves of those who fought. The battles doesn't end when we go home from deployment. You will never understand so don't dance around like you know shit.

The last group of veterans who deserved any thanks were the guys who put the entire South to the torch. Unless you stumbled across a time machine while playing in the sandbox you did nothing worth being thanked or paid for.

fpbp

Then
>wait a few weeks
>ship to BMT
>regret
>slowly stop regretting as it doesn't get any better or worse and slip into blissful dissociation
>fuck around with a guy
>get out
>panic a little
>return to neckbeard status

I mean the shots they give you in medical. At basic you will receive at minimum 15 different shots. Also Every year, and depending on your physical size and capability they give you different shots. It makes you not get hard and you become more aggressive. Also you get what's called the barracks cough, they blame being around others but it's what's in the shots. Not trying be a conspiracy fag but just speaking for experience. I went to fort benning bravo company with 2-58 in 2013

Damn plenty of shots for us in the cf, we call it shack hack everyone in basic gets it

interesting. thanks for the response.

former 11b... in a recon unit?

so what do you do now fruitcake?

Active duty 11b302p...

You do it because its awesome.

>You do it because its awesome.

Chicks dig it, too. I don't know of 1 woman who wouldnt take a military guy over jackass Joe

Have you tried seducing a woman who isn't your blood relative or has more than a G.E.D?

I'm a DV at a security group in Colorado. I work armed security with a veteran based company featured on vice news.

I've been fucked by several soldiers in and out of uniform and no herpes.

I don't need flat chested, buck toothed career women sucking my blood, thanks, ignoramus

Exactly. All the fucking shots they give ya mang. They have cure all pills. Swear this dude had cancer and they gave him these pills and boom. By the end of the cycle be was growing hair, gaining weight again, could run more then 10 feet, his joints didn't snap throughout the barracks at night while he did fire guard. Even this guy from ny straight told me he had hiv and bam all of sudden end of the cycle dude being a paperwork in saying clean bill of health.

Your basic training experiences won't reflect what your line unit will be like at all. Hope ya good at making friends user. It's a good career path if you don't have much else going on at the time. It consumes everyday of you and your freedoms. But it's what you make it dude seriously.

If anything, go through ROTC, OCS, etc... - why the hell would you want to be a PFC or CPL when you can get an education and graduate to become an LT? Better pay, larger responsibilities, better positions, etc.

Benefits are for soldiers who actually win wars.

That's because you're being surrounded by women who want the perks of a man without him actually being around.
ie she wants to fuck you once a month and get paid for it, while she fucks jackass joe on that bed you paid for.
And if it's you, and doctor dan, doctor dan wins because he's actually around.

>you know it to be true, user.

No one respects officers but only to their face. Everyone hates butter bars (lieutenants). If you go officer as a private then you will show as one even with the rank in your chest. As an nco I want you to know that all good officers take advisement from the enlisted.

I once had a regular hookup with a girl from work who was engaged to a guy in Afganistan. It was weird looking across the room and seeing his picture in uniform while I was inside her. Strangely arousing.

You're mental-masturbation is toilet-tier, so I'll brush it off.
Chicks want fit guys. Chicks want guys with stable income. Chicks want an alpha. Nobody fucks with army dudes.

Why are you still here cuck. Go to Reddit faggot. Go hang out with your local fascist and get rekt.

Not as rekt as having my legs blown off by a roadside bomb set by the people I'm trying to oppress.

Oh no doubt, completely agree with you on that one. I'm off to DCC in the next year, no way in hell I'm going to act like I know more than any NCO who's been in for years. Thankfully I'll commission as a 1LT, get to skip the butter bar rank haha.

My dad was a Marine during Vietnam and said it was always real easy to tell which officers were fresh out of graduation - they never listened to the NCOs and often got shot first.

Good for you user. I had the pleasure of knowing a few good officers and I enjoy the hell out of watching them can dudes from other units for the hell of it. Have your lower enlisted backs. They will work work harder for you if they see how much you do for them.

Thank you, and I appreciate the advice!

Yep. That right there is why I stick to men in uniform.

>Also they are rather perverted and abusive

Nice. An old buddy had a fling with a married woman whos husband was deployed. He said that being "the other man" was the hottest sexual experience of his life.

Yeah but everyone fucks with their girl

kek

Consider religion minister

Fuck off

Maybe, it's a slippery slope unless the pongo's wife is actively seeking dick

The girl I fucked who was engaged to a guy overseas was pretty actively seeking dick.

My point exactly.