There are two genders

There are two genders

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hbTwoLah2VY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)
soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/article/third-gender-native-american-tribes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. But are they equal?

say that to my face not online fucker see what happens

Gender is a spectrum.

/thread

There are two sexes, you mean. Gender is a social consruct. Sexes are biological realities. Those unisex people are just mutants with no purposed in even being intersexed, making it a devolution.

If gender has no relation to sex, then why is transwoman a thing? woman, being a 'sex' but this is defined as a gender?
so there's two sexes and two genders.

So why cant anyone show me anything more then male, female or hermaphrodite?
Show me these physical changes that make it a classification different from male or female

You cant and no one has ever

There's only one gender. Female. Its just that some of them have large clits and delusions of grandeur.

Two genders, two sexes, they don't need to match

i was about to respond being internet tough guy
than i look at your pic again and i just cant stop laughing

thanks for clearing that up. we can all go home now.

Physical changes don't need to be visibly obvious. My brain is physically modified such that I literally am an attack helicopter. The fact that you can't see it through external appearances is irrelevant.

This got me aroused

As your neighborhood tranny, I would completely agree.

So you have a penis, are male, and have a mental illness.

Yes.

My gender is God and my pronoun is Him (the H MUST be capital). Anyone who disrespects this and does not worship me is a bigot who does not respect my gender.

Ok, where are you?

I am a male attack helicopter, yes.

>hurr-durr let's openly mock those struggling with their identity

youtube.com/watch?v=hbTwoLah2VY

this is an easy one.
male and female characteristics do not begin and end at genitalia.
men are called girls just for having long hair.
there are bearded ladies.
men with full breasts.
and these aren't even modern phenomena.

This is what Christians unironically believe about their invisible sky daddy.

Hey, you're God too?! Faggot, I'm taking your worshipers.

Females are what happens when nature doesn't produce a male. It takes more energy and resources to produce a male, which implies that a female is lacking.

No, lets tell them to grow the fuck up and realize there are bigger fucking issues around us than "I have a penis, but am I really male?!"

What's your top speed?

>If gender has no relation to sex
that's not what was said. what was said is that gender is on a spectrum with two poles. you are male or female as far as sex goes but gender can vary between individuals quite a lot

Hurr durr they shouldn't be struggling with their identity, if you have a cock you are male, if you have a pussy you are female... Problem sorted

Dammit, got soda up the noise on this one. Pure genius.

Unfortunately there are more than 2 genders... That being said if you make gender expression a big deal I hope you die.

gender and sex are obviously generally closely aligned.
most men with a penis identify as male. obviously.
a transwoman is someone who has transitioned from a man to a woman. they would most likely identify as female.
these are all just labels to help people with their identity.
I dunno why people get so butthurt about it, on both sides of the argument, frankly.

No, but that is what IS said.

Thanks captain obvious

so you go on Sup Forums to respond with a stock answer to a post when it doesn't apply

There are two sexes, and three genders, Male, female, and Androgynous. There should be a category for outliers or at least acknowledgement that there are outliers.

yes your genitals reflect your sex but not necessarily your gender identity. you didn't sort shit

>Only thing I do on Sup Forums

>and three genders
since gender is personal not amenable to clear categorization then no, there are no "genders", just gender

So what is this?

What are it's genitals?

And I fuck both, because I'm bisexual.

so a retard responded to a fact with false equivalences

a person

>it's

/thread

cancer patient?

>There are two genders
true

more like
"my country doesn't define my accent"
in that it usually does but not necessarily

I would say they've got a point, there are cases wherein xy and xx chromosomes aren't the arrangements of chromatids inside the cells, but fuck it, why do we even need gender? Just call it a person.

I'm a bit rusty and in need of maintenance, but I could probably go a bit above 10mph for short distances.

You like that, don't you?

The bait is real, my friends... don't take it.

Not original responder, but that's not bad, I don't typically do that unless I'm in a car.

>not amenable to clear categorization
Does this bother you? Why is it important for you to put everything into neat little boxes?

The man responsible for separating gender from sex was John Money:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

Good for you.

>The man responsible for separating gender from sex
i'm gonna have to stop you right there since it always has been in human culture

That's a female

If genitals do not define gender, then why do these faggots seem to want it to as well? Why does anyone feel the need to mutilate themselves to get the surgery? To say that genitals do not define gender and has no correlation to sex means that they should 100% accept their body as being sex male gender female and not even consider mutilating it. Czechmate liberal faggots.

/thread

If "gender" is broad enough to encompass 36 categories, then the term itself isn't very useful. I believe there are two genders, but I respect anyone's right to disagree. I only have a problem with people who insist that other people see things their way, which, by the way, does make me a tad intolerant. Anyway, it's not like you are going to find many people who disagree with you here. Post this on MetaFilter if you want my respect. Faggot.

You are scientifically wrong.

A woman with short hair. Don't try to trick a tranny.

No way!

this
>/thread

I'm trans. I hate pansexuals. It's bi. It's always been bi. Pansexual is retarded.

because they want their gender to define their sex you moron. /threading your own post like a bitch nigger

your arm is female?

>10mph
You're not an attack helicopter. I hit 140mph. I'm an attack helicopter. Do not belittle my gender by pretending you fucking faggots.

>If "gender" is broad enough to encompass 36 categories
it isn't
>I believe there are two genders
no there aren't

I actually agree. I'm completely fine myself with keeping my genitals I was born with, although I want top surgery since it's cosmetic and will make it easier to pass. But I really find it hard with today's medicine to justify destroying what's between your legs just to make you feel better. Not everyone agrees with me though. :')

EVERYONE CALM DOWN! I HAVE THE ANSWER! There is ONLY 1 GENDER, women are objects.

My gender is not attack helicopter, I'm God, faggot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijra_(South_Asia)

Ocelot?

>I'm trans. I hate pansexuals. It's bi. It's always been bi. Pansexual is retarded.
no, you fucking moron, pansexual doesn't refer to bisexuality. it refers to people being sexually attracted to literally everything, like objects and shit. they must have scooped out your brain along with your wiener.

I like the idea of personhood much more than I do being a gender. I think this is what makes being a halfway sane tranny so hard. People make a big deal out of what should be a relatively thoughtless experience.

Revolver?

Source?

Penis = male
Vagina = female

It's visibly obvious, even to pre-historic humans, is it not?

Then we can completely agree that that part is a mental illness. The definition of mental illness is some kind of mental belief or thought which causes a person to be willing to cause harm to himself or to others. Wanting to mutilate your body (sex) so that it matches your mental gender is by definition a mental illness. There's nothing wrong with being transgender. There's a mental illness to be transsexual.

Nah. probably an arm condom for fisting.

since gender refers to personal and cultural identity and not genitals, you're wrong you fucking retard
soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/article/third-gender-native-american-tribes

Pansexual just means you'll fuck anything as long as it's attractive, sentient, and consenting. So, say some kind of aliens came down from space and had a bangin' personality? You wanna fuck it? Boom. Pansexual. Or maybe you just put cookware in your ass. Who knows.

You can either impregnate or get impregnated, everything else is an illness, no exceptions.

so if you're born with a tail you should leave it there because your body is sacred the way god made it? or do you get a surgery to feel comfortable in your own body? i'm asking you, personally, if you would remove your tail.

This is actually wrong because it's a physical deformity in the brain that causes sex dysphoria. It's the fact your brain, physically (the matter making it up), most closely resembles the structure of the gender you identify as, instead of the one you were born as. It's also not necessarily mutilation if it's just cosmetic. FTM top surgery for example has little risks involved with it if you make sure to take care of your wounds and go to a good doctor, therefore it's almost entirely a cosmetic procedure.

>impregnate or get impregnated
>what is infertility

Because dysphoria. Dysphoria will have you wanting the downstairs of the opposite sex and avoiding your face in the mirror. Dysphoria makes you feel strange things. Dysphoria is an illness, and transition and therapy is the answer we have. It's like psoraisis, we can treat it but we can't cure it.

>Fact

>implying infertility isn't an illness

The American Psychiatric Association, publisher of the DSM-5, states that "gender nonconformity is not in itself a mental disorder. The critical element of gender dysphoria is the presence of clinically significant distress associated with the condition."[1]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

yes, it's a inarguable fact.

>Hijra
Jesus fucking christ, I had to sit through this shit in anthropology, they're just men who have tits, ffs, it's nothing different, just a transgender person.

I'm guessing you're going to go on about the Bujis' Bisu, huh?

>implying menopause and prepubescence are illnesses

God made adam & eve

Yeah. Are you trans? If so, I hear there are a lot of issues with that, and I can agree with you on the personhood thing. Shouldn't be made more difficult than it is.