This show fucking sucks

This show fucking sucks.

Counterpoint: No, it does not.

>always hear how great the writing is, how it's a surrealistic mystery with plot twist after plot twist
>it's a fucking soap opera

>season 2 fucking sucks

ftfy

I wholeheartedly disagree. Although it should've ended after Leland died.

>>it's a fucking soap opera

It embraces and parodies soap operatic elements yes. It's americana, it's camp, it's many things. It's not for the autistic.

you are the kind of dude who shares on facebook why "breaking bad is the most smart show ever" aren't you?

it's not parodying shit, it has a parody of a soap opera in the show periodically, but the writing is still hacky and outlandish as a soap opera.

You're doing great.

Pretentious "abstraction for the sake of abstraction" pseudosurrealistic garbage. Same as the rest of Lynch's work.

>pseudo

At least it's way better at being a soap opera than GoT.

Then watch something else?

?

That probably doesn't describe well Dune, at least. The movie still sucks, though.

Isn't that from the movie?

here comes the
>hurr dat's da point!

retard fanboys.

Pro tip: you can't defend every shitty thing by claiming it's "satirical" or a "parody"

it's from the first dream in the first season with the midget and the backwards talking isn't it

>you can't defend something by pointing out the truth
interesting

Oh, so you saw the first episode and then turned it off, then. Thanks for showing how little credibility your opinion deserves

no actually I liked it up until episode 4 or 5 when it just turns out every one is having sex with everyone and there are double crosses, triple crosses, terrible secrets, suicides, homicides, all with bad acting to top it off.

Is there any point to Sup Forums other than it being a place for miserable losers to divert their self-loathing towards tv/movies?

I agree. I only barely made it through season 1. The humor is cringey tumblr shit, the story feels like they just made it up as they went along. Am i supposed to accept that an fbi agent just follows his dreams to solve a murder case, and all the other characters just go along with it? It's a soap opera for women disguised as something more.

From what i've heard it gets worse in the second season and i don't think i can sit through more of this shit. How the fuck is this considered a classic?

>it's not parodying shit
>the writing is still hacky and outlandish as a soap opera
Really makes you think.

Yeah, it makes me thinks that the writers are outlandish hacks.

[ ._.]/,,/

WATCH IT BOB

>The humor is cringey tumblr shit,
jesus christ

he's not wrong

>le banckground danzing xDDD DID U SEE HIM :D
>le CRAAAAZZZZZZZZZZY ppl xdxxxx

I actually watched Twin Peaks for the first time last month.

First season was amazing but I slowly lost interest during the second one.

Am hyped for the third one though.

first season was garbage
second season started to pick up some momentum towards the middle, dropped by the end.
the movie was one of the worst films i've forced myself to sit through in my 43 years on this planet.

Can anyone actually explain what was happening in both seasons>?

It actually does, except for the pilot.

But it sucks on purpose! It's a parody of shows that suck!

never changer Sup Forums

>Am i supposed to accept that an fbi agent just follows his dreams to solve a murder case, and all the other characters just go along with it?

>what is magical realism

Yeah, you should accept that, in the context of the series, FBI is basically an order of Jedi/paladins who use magic and a rigorous code of honour to fight crime and stand for all that is true and noble. They also all have combed back hair and wear trench coats.
Unfortunately one of them was seduced by the dark side...

>nah dude
>you don't get it
>it's SUPPOSED to be shitty

You're like those "You don't like X? I bet you listen to Justin Gayber! >:(" YouTube comments.

>pseudo

>user complains about how corny something is
>other user points out (correctly) that it's satire
>hurr durr you mean it's supposed to be bad?
every time

>angel/fairy scene frpm fwwm

[;_;]

ya there's also trump and cuckoldry and that one pedo guy who posts all the time.

Plus there's memes and actress threads, which is why I come here

?

You obviously haven't tasted garmonbozia, OP.

its /lit/ shitposting their visual autism.
ive noticed they tend to pick on lynch and kubrick.

being as bad as (or worse than) what you're satirizing (80s-90s TV) crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed.

>cliffhanger ending

What are your expectations for Season 3?

Maybe

Though for some reason I actually really like the Soap opera aspect of Twin Peaks.

Good thing it's being continued next year. And the movie (might be the deleted scenes) and the new book have a little bit on what happens after. In the movie the doctor and Harry find Evil Coop on the floor of the bathroom and he says he slipped. In the book it says Cooper goes and sees Briggs and Briggs notices something is wrong and sends out a mayday message to someone. I also noticed in the movie that Jeffries, after Gordon says mayday while he's messing with the speaker, starts thinking and making a weird face and repeats it. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Honestly no idea. There's a lot of stuff about UFOs in the book, and some evidence of alternate timelines, so I expect lots of stuff about that. The ring should also be prominent.

As for general tone I'm expecting it to be similar to the movie, maybe a bit scaled back, but with more stuff about the side characters. The movie's deleted scenes had some scenes with side characters but they felt kind of out of place as they were pretty short and just interspersed between the majority of the scenes being of Laura.

ops thought that this was the gotham thread

Calling it a "parody" isn't correct I don't think. The writers know what they're doing, definitely. But I think it comes from appreciation of soap operas a lot of the time. Twin Peaks likes to be cartoonish in the way that the characters act, both in their dialogue and visual acting.

The sound design is beautiful, and the plot itself is incredibly complex, but the characters are silly, and the plot devices go so far outside the confines of reality that the director can put in some really strange imagery in there as well.

You *can* call it a parody because it's obvious that a lot of the cartoonishness of it is done comedically. I think the directors wanted to make a show with substance, likeable characters with relatable ambitions, a ridiculously complex storyline, and *on top of that* have there be a layer of humor to it. If you really hate soap operas, and have negative associations with them, you aren't going to like Twin Peaks. And you're going to throw the whole "nah bro it's supposed to be shitty" argument whenever somebody implies that a show can have undeniable substance while remaining silly and non-serious in certain aspects.

/thread

I honestly just think Twin Peaks is a Soap Opera done right.

It's amazing how similar it is to the 90s young and the restless

>brown eyes

FUCKING DROPPED

It's massively overhyped but not as imdb/reddit tier as Firefly, now that fucking sucks.

I've never seen it, but I'm interested in checking out any shows that inspired Twin Peaks, so I'll look into it.

>Good thing it's being continued next year.
>26 years later
>good
wew lad

>Lynch and Frost writing every episode
>Lynch directing every episode
>majority of the characters and actors returning
>being filmed as one long movie and then split up into episodes
I can't see any way it will be bad. I liked the movie too so it not being "comfy" is fine by me.

having that little parody in there is fine but seriously every fucking episode is someone being set up or betrayed or backstabbed
it's ascended parody in that it has literally become what it's mocking with those little soap opera moments.

Just start from the beginning and stop from the mid 90's

The show was actually decent in the earlier days.

I'm pretty sure James and Donna romance was supposes to represent the most of the teen ones going on in the Y&R

>pic
nigel farage and kendra lust?

I meant I can't believe you think a continuation 26 years on is 'good'. As if that somehow makes up for the cliffhanger ending.

Most of it does. It's considered a cult classic because of the weird shit like "Bob" and the Black Lodge but the rest is shit.

Show would have lasted at least twice as long if Lynch hadn't left it to people not even half as talented as himself, who had no idea what to do with the show.

Lynch should have stayed and piled on the weirdness, the mysteriousness.

>In the movie the doctor and Harry find Evil Coop on the floor of the bathroom and he says he slipped
What movie?

You can call the surrealism garbage but not pseudo, since it's literal surrealism. Get it now, dumbshit?

You're retarded, that's not what that scene was. What the fuck am I doing in this shithole?

It was canceled. It's not like Lynch wanted to end it like that. Though you could ask why he didn't make the movie a continuation.

Fire Walk With Me

>Fire Walk With Me
I don't remember that being in the movie.
As far as I remember everything shown there happens before the show.

KYS

There's like 90 minutes of deleted scenes and some of them take place after the show ends. There's some scenes of Cooper in the Black Lodge, Annie being rushed to the hospital and then a nurse taking the ring off of her, and then Evil Coop pretending he fell and hit the mirror.

I feel like that was a major problem of s2 though.

It went from a parody and kind of nod to Soap Operas to it being the full blow worst of a Soap Opera show in s2.

Though I didn't find s2 to be that horrendous because I actually like Soap Operas.

I can't even comprehend the stupidity that comes up with this """criticism""".

I can kind of see why some would say this about Mad Men, even though in that case it is still absolutely retarded, but in the case of Twin Peaks it makes no sense. The show is a supernatural horror/mystery show. The fact that some of the characters are intentionally melodramatic does not make it a "soap opera". If you genuinely believe what you are saying you are complete wastes of oxygen and I hope you don't breed.

how the FUCK does that describe madmen in ANY way? TP is just melodrama layered on top of itself with lame "twist" after "twist" where it's just people stabbing people in the back for no reason.

It's literally like when Friends would show Joey's Days of our Lives scenes and they all had some ridiculous twist as a joke. That's what TP feels like, just not jokingly.

I think you had the wrong expectations going into it then. I was told it was a soap opera with some mystery and lynch weirdness thrown in and I ended up loving it.

>supernatural horror
Oh please, when was there horror? In about 3 scenes?

I actually like the show, but I can't understand how anyone can think Twin Peaks is a horror show.

i think thriller is a more accurate term

I agree. I made the mistake of buying into the Sup Forums meme and tried it and it's overrated as fuck.

>how the FUCK does that describe madmen in ANY way?

"It's a soap opera" is the #1 argument people have when trying to criticize Mad Men. Especially here on Sup Forums.

You seem to take Twin Peaks too seriously. A lot of it is supposed to be comedic. Lynch is going for something special here. I mean consider the fact that his own character in the show has a hearing problem and has to shout everything he says. Why would he do that? Because he wants everything to be weird and funny at the same time. He's not interested in trying to show human experience at its core like Michael Haneke or anyone like that. He wants to create his own little weird, funny and at the same time very emotional world (because the combination of Badalamenti's music with Laura Palmer's image is by itself incredibly effective)

>"It's a soap opera" is the #1 argument people have when trying to criticize Mad Men. Especially here on Sup Forums.
I haven't watched Mad Men, but the main complaint I see is that 'nothing happens'.

>I mean consider the fact that his own character in the show has a hearing problem and has to shout everything he says. Why would he do that?
Isn't that because he didn't think he could act if he wasn't shouting?

Probably did it to pull Shelly desu.

Does that thing have downs?

Actually Twin Peaks wasn't soap opera enough for the pleb audiences, that's why they were forced to reveal the killer so early, and had to fill most of the middle of S2 with cringeworthy filler crap.
It was always meant to be a murder mystery show until the very end, without any proper traditional resolution, that clashes the supernatural horror and terrible events with typical small town charm and corny oldschool soap opera elements.
And when Lynch decided to fix the thing with the movies and go back to the supernatural mystery story and characters behind everything in the show, he got shat on by all the plebs who only went to see the movie because they were expecting it would spoonfeed them the ending and what happened to Cooper, so the movie flopped and we never got more Twin Peaks movies Lynch was wanting to do.

its true detective
>season 1 pure kino
>season 2 is shit

But the end episodes in season 2 of both TP and TD are worth watching all the first couple of shit episodes.

TD season 2 is not "shit". It was slightly not as cohesive as season 1. It was still miles ahead of most TV shows.

not an argument

since a staple of soaps is having terrible writing and acting, yeah it kinda is

Its the original Lost.

Promised the world and couldnt deliver shit since the didnt have anything else outside of an initial idea and made shit up along the way.
It was so bad in fact it got cancelled during it first season while debuting with insane viewer count.

You can't dumbass. Just because you point out that a movie is a movie doesn't make it a good one

>5 hours ago
I don't even care I'm responding anyway