Tolkien biopic "Middle-Earth" announced

deadline.com/2016/11/james-strong-j-r-r-tolkien-middle-earth-the-lord-and-the-rings-unique-features-bob-shaye-michael-lynne-1201849947/

>Director James Strong has signed on to direct Middle Earth, an epic story about author J.R.R. Tolkien and the tumultuous events that inspired his iconic novels The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings.

>Story follows Tolkien’s early life and love affair with Edith Bratt, whom he later married. The couple lived happily in Oxford, surrounded by friends, but when war broke out in 1914 Tolkien embarked on four years of battle and hardship, an experience that influenced his Middle Earth stories.

Hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

bibliotecapleyades.net/profecias/esp_profecia01h1.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=NzBT39gx-TE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Hype?
Not particularly.

So how much christfagging will be in this? probably not enough considering how much a christfag he was, he put CS Lewis to shame with his beliefs

As long as they make clear his thoughts on allegory I'll be happy.

With the fairly obvious exception of WW1 his life was pretty boring, or are they going to write him as a hip young new professor?

would rather someone other than peter jackson direct the silmarillion if thats even possible.

I thought the Tokien estate sperged out completely after the hobbit and didn't want anything more to do with movies and so on

I don't think biopics would be covered by copyright law. You can make them about still living people like they did with The Queen.

When Christopher Tolkien dies and they run out of napkins JRR drew on to publish as novels, they'll come crawling back to WB.

Just as long as cucks arent at the wheel, SJWs blame Tolkien for defining the fantasy genre tropes of dark=bad light=good as if reality didn't do that millenia ago.

i can't wait to see the scene, where Tolkien confesses his love to the black soldier inside the trenches, but it was a time where this forbidden time can't bloom.

And all of the lord of the ring books is just his way of dealing with his forbidden desires. This will really help the black LGBTQ community and spread awareness!
Because LotR is just a rascist, homophobic and sexist piece of white male suprmacy fiction.
We deserve this story to be told!

>and they run out of napkins JRR drew on to publish as novels

His life wasn't boring

>Born in South Africa
>Father dies when he's 3
>Moves to England
>Mother dies when he's 12
>Forms language club in school with 3 other friends
>Pretty spergy but a gifted young man and he doesn't need many friends
>Meets his future lover at 16, she's 19 and her father bans him from communicating with her until he reaches 21
>He obeys this order to the letter
>Goes to war in 1916 due to familial and social pressure
>Fights in the Somme, one of the bloodiest battles of the war
>By 1918 all but one of his friends are alive
>After war return home and teach medieval English and Germanic literature
>Gain a reputation as a well respected scholar, even sometimes presenting lectures in full armor
>During WW2 government considers staffing him as a codebreaker
>Finish LOTR after WW2
>Public loves the books and the series is widely considered to have elevated the fantasy genre to the level of literature
>Die years later a beloved academic, researcher, linguist,author and father

Also

>Wife loves him dearly and puts up with his fantasy nerd shit but politely asks him not to reference it on her tombstone
>He does it anyway- absolute madman

Name ONE good biopic movie

>love affair
DROPPED

Lenny

>puts up with his fantasy nerd shit but politely asks him not to reference it on her tombstone
I really hope this is a meme

>Sitting in the trenches of WW1
>Private Tolkien! Deliver this special piece of jewelry to the frontline, take Private Sam with you!
>Camera zooms in on young Tolkiens face as he has a revelation

fucking memeing faggot

Forgot my meme pic

How so?

Malcolm X

beautiful mind was pretty good

ebin simply ebin

You didn't mention The Silmarillion or The Hobbit.

you can't be serious
go read a biography
his life actually does include a fairytale love story

him and CS Lewis being roomates and pushing him into writing Narnia is kinda interesting too.
walk the line

The Silmarillion was published after Tolkien's death thanks to his son though.

user is saying and I agree that based Tolkien deserved a wife who embraced his talent, not just tolerated it.

inb4 played by ediris elbow and he's an outspoke Atheist.

>James Strong
>Only brittish tv works

gonna be mediocre

Sid & Nancy

Well this is what an American would shoot.

No. It wasn't. It's a shitty Oscar bait and you fell for it. Also Crowe can't act for shit if he is not yelling.

>Always thought Tolkein would be a an early 20th century basement dweller like old man Bilbo
>turns out he was a normie

>Oxford Professor
>philologist
>normie
ehm

>soldiers
>normies

no one but a normie could understand the importance of friendship and keeping your principles and celebrating the simple life and not resorting to edgy-ness

>tfw you attended the same church as tolkien

>tfw you understand Tolkien playing on Atcec mythology but no one else seem to notice

nobody asked for this, atleast cash in on a LOTR sequel or something

2/10

please enlighten me

Che: A Revolutionary Life

Idris Elba

bibliotecapleyades.net/profecias/esp_profecia01h1.htm

I think the Istari are pun on various American prophecies. Note that their signifies the ending of an age.

Tolkien wasn't really a normie nor a basement dweller. He was something in between. He had interests that took up most of his life but also lived and loved in between.

You're not going to be happy. This is going to be a movie, not a lecture about literary criticism.

>tfw no gf that's 3 years older than me

>those stones on the tomb stone

>ywn meet your Beren/Luthien
life is suffering

It's to bad you can't project yourself onto him because of this user.

if he had been born in a time of internet he would spend all his time watching anime and inventing languages for his minecraft characters.

What religion are a penny coin, and a dog tag, does it say "thank you"?

I wonder how they will do the scene where Tolkien converts CS Lewis to Christianity. Something tells me that is seen as too controversial by movie execs.

Though they have done it once:
youtube.com/watch?v=NzBT39gx-TE

I followed him until "Christianity is the story. It's the story to make sense of all the other stories." and then proceeds to not back that up in any way.

>we couldnt get minorities into LOTR so we're going to jam them into his biography

I liked the imitation game, although I'm sure Sup Forums will yell at me for that.

I'm with this user, it was a good scene up until that point. Call me a fedora tipper or what you will

Watch Enigma from 2001. It's much better.

Wait Tolkien made CS Lewis a christfag? Huh, so it is true that converts are the most preachy

Also Narnia should have ended at the Magician's Nephew

Tolkein was actually pissed about it because Lewis became an Anglican rather than a Catholic in the end.

Anglicanism does seem like a giant meme.

He actually converted Lewis.

yeah but lewis eventually became way more zealous and made christianity the focal point of his life and work

>inb4 they're making it into a trilogy

There aren't many good biopics.

Cola Miner's Daughter is very good though.

Why was he such a germanophobe bros? All his works were literally 100% inspired by germanic mythology

>So Mr. Tolkien should we take a plane to the frontline?
>Nah fuck that, let's hike there.

>Why was he such a germanophobe bros?

he wasnt

>All his works were literally 100% inspired by germanic mythology.

they weren't

wow great post user

I actually agree with him on that point. All of the ancient Mysteries, and Alchemy, don't make sense until you consider the Mystery of Christ's death and resurrection, and then everything else is put into perspective.

Because he spent 4 years killing them while they tried to kill him.

I think he meant 'Germanophile'

And yes, Tolkien probably did more than anyone next to the Brothers Grimm (even Wagner, or Walt Disney for that matter) to preserve, in some form, the character and aesthetic of Germanic myth

sure, but his work wasnt 100% germanic inspired

Yes, but Lewis didn't converted to Catholicism, as Tolkien would have liked.

Will they make him racist? I wouldn't put it past these people to have multiple scenes of him scowling at brown people as he writes about haradrim and orcs.

He wasn't a Germanophobe, he opposed and despised the nazis, there's a big difference you retarded stormfag.

Nope. It's just a boring biopic. Wouldn't even be excited for a Silmarillion movie because it'd be shit. The LOTR trilogy was great and that's all we'll ever get.

She sacrificed a lot of things for him though, I'd say it was all right.

So who will play him in this inevitable biopic?

All branches are a meme really. The only acceptable form of christianity comes in the form of putting faith in a few miracles and then treat everything with great skepticism and acknowledge that the bible is written by man, and even then you run into the same issues that all other religions do with their claims.

Leslie Jones

how does the birth and death of this figure who lived in 0 AD put into perspective all the ancient religions and myths that existed before him?

>The only acceptable forms is some reddit-tier revisionism

Also:
> acknowledge that the bible is written by man,

Under divine guidance.

Origin was a heretic to most forms of orthodox faith desu

I hope they have a scene of him telling Kubrick to fuck off with his idea for an LOTR adaptation starring The Beatles.

>elevated the fantasy genre to the level of literature
Why do people say this?

really makes you want to die

You can't really call someone a heretic when his beliefs predate your orthodoxy.

Who are you even mad at

This.

Unless it's portrayed negatively, Jews don't want Christianity on the big screen.

>Christianity is only acceptable if you revise it enough to be in-line with my Reddit-tier politics.

Or how about you fuck off?

that guy's a fag but tbf american evangelicalism is a joke that went too far
t. mainline protestant master race

I find it amazing that some of the earliest writings from the organised Christian faith in the 3rd and 4th centuries set out fairly clearly the literal, metaphorical, moral, and mystical as frameworks for interpreting the teachings of the sources they had available that would form the Bible.

Now the most pious of the Protestant Christian world are going around shiteing on about how the world was actually created in seven days, with the beginning of the human race literally consisted of two people.

No wonder the Christian world is being so easily dismissed and flung aside.

Will Peter Jackson make a trilogy out of it?

Criminally underrated.

PLANES AREN'T TAXIS

bruh, when your posts start reading like something your grandma would forward, it's time to stop

not really, CS Lewis was a christian but he was beginning to doubt it all. Through debates with Tolkien he delved into the topic far deeper than Tolkien ever did and found something he found true about it. Of all the Christfag writers, CS Lewis is the most interesting to read because he thinks about these things from multiple angles.

I recommend The Screwtape Letters, it's about an elder demon writing to a lower demon about tempting humanity down the wrong path. It is filled with subtleties about humans that most people don't even consider. I don't agree with a lot of the conclusions, but the depth and insight is amazing

>caring about a heterosexual white males story

UGH!

>Vatican II happens
>Mass is now in English
>Tolkien continued to say the Mass in Latin but didn't become a SSPX heretic

Based