Sup Forums, I may have fucked up

Sup Forums, I may have fucked up.
I emailed by best friend's parent's about his suicidal tendencies because I was worried about him. Next thing I know he posts stuff on his Snapchat story that seems like he wasn't happy with whoever sent the email. (I sent it anonymously) What should I do? I'm worried that he'll hate me for sending that email. P.S. I've got a few bucks on Steam I can gift if someone gives me some solid advice

kys, now hook me up with that cash

I think you should confront him and tell him that you where looking out for him. He should be able to understand if he is ur actual friend .

Well you did the right thing even though he maybe mad at you rn you fucking saved his life. Just imagine how guilty you would feel that you could of saved your friend and instead sat down and watched. And think bout him he might not think it is but it is probably a phase and rn all you can do is help him out and you did.

If he does'nt find you are ok, just try to slide positive behavior in ypur conversations.
If he finds out, try to convince him to not hate you (I was worried about you, suicide is bad, etc)
Thats some retarded advice from a retarded user

You're a good friend, to be honest they're lucky to have someone like you in their life. If he knows it was you maybe you should have a bro talk with them and try to see if you can help them talk out their problems. In any case good luck, also I think you should confront them regardless and let them know you're there for them and love them.

Ride it out if or until he finds out. Once he finds out, explain that you weren't going to sit back and watch as you lost a dear friend. He may hate you for a week but it'll be fine soon after.

Don't tell him. No matter what he says or how he feels, it's better that he gets the help he needs. When he gets better maybe then you can tell him. He'd react better then. And even if he does hate you, at least he's still alive and you might be able to fix things.

Also I'm not fucking poor so keep your money.

This.

If it just happened now, it wouldn't be surprising that he's mad about it. He might feel betrayed. He might feel like his parents shouldn't know that he thinks about killing himself. But in the long run it's better that they do and he will probably understand this and appreciate it once he's done being butthurt about it.

Thing is, he has just messaged me on Snapchat, I assume about this situation. (Because I read his story really shortly after he put it up). I don't want to lie to him but I also don't want to have to tell him this stuff online. Should I just wait until later and not read his message?

OP here, I'm also worried that by sending this email it will send him into an even deeper and darker hole. Especially if he finds out his best friend, who he confided in, was the one who sent the email.

Did you expect him to be happy about it? Of course it's going to be uncomfortable for him, but help comes at the expense of his immediate comfort

For fucks sake OP, if the situation is reversed, what would you do or feel?

Don't do this over online text, set up a time and place (preferably somewhere safe) and just straight up tell him what's up.

Just be honest and admit you fucked up in regards to the mistake, but you probably panicked because you care about him.

Send him a picture of you eating a stick of butter.

Don't do anything. Wait for him to become non-suicidal. He'll prob go to counseling etc and might feel better. Then you can drop the bomb that it was you that sent the letter and they'll be grateful.

Holy shit, you've solved my problem! thanks! /s

How is alerting people about his friend's suicidal behavior a fuckup? Fuck outta here you silly bitch

your friend's a bitch who needs to get over his bs. Tell him you did it and let him rage till he gets over it. Better than being a coward and keeping it secret

No problem.

it all depends on how his parents handled it. if his parents were good about it and dont escalate it then you probably saved his life and will be thankful in a few weeks/ months but if his parents are bad about it he's fucked. i personally believe you did the right thing but you never really know

If that does happen it means he genuinely needs the help you tried to give him by exposing it to his parents. Either way it was so bad that you had to tell somebody, his health is more important than how he views you, especially in such an irrational mental state

OP
> you can read snapchat messages without them knowing if you hold onto the message icon and drag it left, but never let go, dont go all the way either. You should be able to pick up what hes talking about.

I'm a klutz, I'd fuck that up and open it on accident lmao. Thanks for the advice though.

unless you were the only one that knows he probably wont figure it out. if he asks you straight up just deny it and pretend like you didnt know. i had a friend do this to me but i really wasnt upset about it

I think we need to see the email you sent. It depends on how you worded it.