Hi!

Hi!

Orthodox christian here who hasn't gone to church for 5 years.

Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M9E6aql1U84
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How much kebab have you removed. and why not more?

I have unironically visited mosque more times than church
I kinda feel bad about it

im greek orthodox, no church around here in indiana except, fucking ironically, romanian orthodox.

Pass.

>Orthodox christian
>going to Church
Literally why. We're not Catholics, we don't go to church unless our mom gets diagnosed with cancer. Such is the way of an Orthodox Christian.

church is a church m8

is that picture supposed to be Franz Kafka?

Many kebab have been wrecked by me.

Yh man we don't really need to go to church, it's a much more chill religion.

yeah it is

commies did this to us

I don't know man.

I don't go to church but I know many priests because my great grandfather got promoted to a saint and they brought his body into a monastery so I talked to a lot of monks.

I think they are really great people.

>born orthodox
>wear cross necklace
>pray every other day
>stay faithful throughout teen years despite growing up in secular west

>dont go to church
>dont know anything about religion
>dont own a bible

sometimes i dont even know who i pray to..
sometimes i dont even know what it is to be christian

but i still believe in god
and i still pray and thank him

also
>dont know where to get started

Just go to an orthodox church? It ain't rocket science.

Why didn't you go?

You should partake in the life of the Church.

Well that's the point. Talking to priests while drinking rakia with them is a great way to learn who you're praying to.

Too bad you don't have that in the west.
It's really popular here in Serbia through the villages which we visit a lot.

>be lifelong Orthodox
>stay in the Church while living in secular west
>watch other young people leave and become agnostic, sodomitic, dishonest

You're missing out by not being in Church. Liturgy is meant to be part of the daily cycle. It doesn't matter what ethnicity you are or what ethnicity the parish is. Find a parish! Go there!

The services are there for our benefit. We should take advantage of them. It's an encounter with God.

here i drink rakia from my grandfather in bulgaria alone in front of a computer screen

tfw failed

Well then just visit your homeland during summer season or smth and just participate with your kinsmen, it's pretty good to know that slavs originally lived in villages until communism came and made all people go to cities to work in factories.

That's why we're simple and happy people, we drink with our priests and relish in feasts while having a strong family-like relationship with all your friends.

Like me and my best friends aren't basically christians anymore but we've still decided to be godfathers just because we enjoy our tradition.

Why are you disappointing Jesus? He loves you, and you treat him like dirt. It is still not to late to make Jesus smile again. He will accept you as the prodigal son. Just don't disappoint him again. Eternity is a LONG time. It will feel even longer when you are in hell.

But that's the orthodox paradox.

We aren't christians because we want to go to heaven, we are christians who will just adopt christian philosophy as a fact and won't mind if we go to hell because we are simple and humble, we don't need a promise of eternity to believe in him.

Jesus founded the Roman Catholic church. It is the only true religion. You can still covert. It doesn't matter what the Orthodox beliefs are, because they are wrong, like all other religious beliefs which are not Roman Catholicism.

debatable.

Good, you've stopped worshipping a dead kike on a stick and a magical sky fairy

Serbs generally believe that just being kind towards other people is more appealing to God than being always present in church and praying 150 times a day. Praying and fasting mean nothing if you neglect your fellow man.

same

Brother, why do you not go to church?
Do you at least give alms?

How about being kind and going to church once a week?

Reading this thread... Christianity is cringy a bit. I get why you are leaving it.

>I don't go to church
>my great grandfather got promoted to a saint

You're a scum bag, brate. What's his name?

I have the reverse problem. Only fucking orthodox churches here are Greek, and I'm Romanian

lol
#heresy

“Protestantism? It is the loyal child of Papism. It went from one heresy to another over the centuries because of its rationalistic scholasticism, and it is continually drowning in the various poisons of its heretical errors. In addition, Papal haughtiness and ‘infallible’ foolishness reign absolutely within it, ruining the souls of its faithful. First of all each Protestant is an independent pope when it comes to matters of faith. This always leads from one spiritual death to another; and there is no end to this ‘dying’ since a person can suffer countless spiritual deaths (in a lifetime).
Since this is the way things are, there is no way out of this impasse for the Papist-Protestantic Ecumenism with its pseudo-Church and its pseudo-Christianity without wholehearted repentance before the God-man Christ and His Orthodox Catholic Church. Repentance is the remedy for every sin, the medicine given to man by the only Friend of man (Christ).”
— St. Justin Popovich, Orthodox Faith & Life in Christ, “Humanistic Ecumenism”

Why is addicition considered such a sin in your shitty religion?

We are all One Church. If all that is available is a parish of the Greek tradition, so be it. Still go.

It's not about ethnicity, it's about God. We owe it to him.

Of course, but they preach in Greek and I have no idea what they are talking about. Only on sunday there's this church far from me that does it in Romanian, but it takes like 2 hrs and i only went there twice.

It really isn't. Kids here in Serbia start drinking at 12. Smoking some ganja is totally okay to do once in a while if you are a hard-working man.

Hell, we even smoke a pack of cigarettes a day. That's why some people sat that Serbs "smoke like T*rks)

youtube.com/watch?v=M9E6aql1U84

Do you read your bible and pray everyday? That said, don't let yourself "give up on meeting with other believers as some of us are inclined to do."

Protestantism is NOT the loyal child of Papism. They are heretics, followers of the false prophets of Martin Luther, John Calvin, and others. They deny the basis of religion - Jesus himself appointed the first bishop of Rome, and his hand has selected all of the other Popes. Denying the infallibility of Jesus is the true sign of followers of the Antichrists. They were specifically described as men claiming to be men of God, claiming to be filled with inspiration from Jesus, but actually being liars and deceivers. Protestants are NOT Christians, though they say they are. People can't pick and choose which of the words of God they will or will not follow.