There is a top trending topic in twitter Turkey right now...

There is a top trending topic in twitter Turkey right now, lots of people demanding that hagia sophia should be mosque again. I think Erdogan is gonna make hagia sophia mosque again to gain support for presidency.

Got my support-- Make Turkey great again.

why ? is it a synagogue ?

Is there a European political party with the stated goal of re-conquering Constantinople? If not, why not?

its currently a museum

Its already a mosque. Technically a museum that only Muslims can pray in

>I think Erdogan is gonna make hagia sophia mosque again to gain support for presidency.

he is stealing and lying infront of peoples faces and 80% of turkey would die for him, he doesn't need to do anything for support

cool, we should also turn mosques here into pigsties

muslims cant pray in hagia sophia because of the icons, they were covered with plaster before it was a museum

How the fuck does Erdogan even need public support for presidency?
He is going to be turkish dictator for lifetime anyway.

word, I didn't know they took off the plaster.

Wasn't it a Christian Church before everything? Let's take it back boys.

>Erdogan for life

Does anyone in Germany really expect Turkey to obtain visa-free travel to the EU at the end of this month?

it will happen when the West regains it's confidence.

Also, it should have happened after WWI, but that was the point when the West lost its confidence.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you fucking christian cuck. its like one of the oldest longest stanging churches in western society.
you dumb shit.

If this happens, I'm going full DEUS VULT

there is a bigger hashtag famalam
#BrintTheUyghurTurksToEast
which is support fully desu, bring the turks there, tell the kurds to fuck off to iran

come home Anatolian man

>implying we could ever get the smell out

How many Armenians (and Greeks) are there really in Turkey? Does the Turkish government lie about the amount of Christians?

some 50-60% of Turkey are Muslim Armenians and Greeks

>tfw I'm half Balkan
I am very much tempted to take your offer.
No, there are very few, and many Armenians got assimilated into Kurds.

Holy Fucking kek

The conservotards in Turkey have big families and Erdogan is basically seen as economically competent.

Therefore he will keep winning.

re the mosque, the original decision to make it a museum was kind of a big fuck you to the Islamists in the first place. It WAS a mosque for 450 years.

It was a church for far longer. Is it not a big fuck you to Christians?

It's not just "a Christian Church", it was the center of Orthodoxy for a long time. Basically the Vatican for Eastern Orthodox.

Ok.

My roommate has an Armenian Turkish Christian friend in Constantinople so I have been wondering how rare he is.

Around 1 in 20k iirc

I don't get how Attaturk was secular and yet was seemingly complacent in the killing of christians. Was he and the young Turks exploiting the Islamists in order ot create an ethnically homegenous Turkey?

>Also, it should have happened after WWI, but that was the point when the West lost its confidence.
You mean after they get their asses kicked.

It's an interesting question.

Although there was surely a native proto Turkish population before the ancient Greeks arrived.

One thing that struck me about Istanbul was the lack of nasal convexity.

Perhaps the racial character of Western Turkey is more eastern Mediterranean than Anatolian, even without Greek admixture.

It's really amazing - thanks to it's strategical position Turkey enjoyed the attention of many powerful nations and yet Erdogan is still somehow capable of pissing off every single one of them.

Even more reason to take it back

Maybe you're not aware, but the Byzantines were conquered nearly 700 years ago.

Perhaps when you're no longer a teenager you'll be able to handle this.

Is the re-Christianisation of Turkey a political objective of yours?

The Hagia Sophia is honestly pretty lame compared to the Blue Mosque anyway

>Does anyone in Germany really expect Turkey to obtain visa-free travel to the EU at the end of this month?

No, not really. Visa-free travel and EU membership are both the eternal bait for Turkey, it will never be granted because then the EU would lose its influence on Turkey.

That being said, I'm quite sure that we will still get some trouble with the German-Turks over all this stuff. They are all uprooted mongrel who are neither Turkish nor German and the only one who is willing to throw them a bone and let them role play as Real Proud Turks™ is Erdogan, so they are completely loyal to him. And in the process ruining a country they have never even lived in.

>proto Turkish
you mean Anatolian, and yes there was, but they were Hellenized over time
modern Turks are basically converts who adopted Turkish language: Anatolian Greeks, Armenians, Albanians, Slavs and so on
genetic research has shown that Central Asian influence (original Turks were Central Asians) to be very small
it was a case of nomadic tribes assimilating people to their language and partly culture

The ethnic unravelling was underway well before Ataturk entered the scene.

we r not much different than greece or balkans

Sure, it's your country. Meanwhile, let's convert all the mosques in Europe into Churches -- or just burn them down and start over. Sound good?

The two buildings complement each other.

Hagia Sophia has a masculine presence.

How many people can pray in Sophia if Erdogan accept ?

You mean the place that was built as a church? It should be a church, if anything, not a mosque.

>you told us the truth about ourselves so we're going to go pray to a god in a big historical building to spite you

Maybe the Orthocucks are mad, but nobody else is.

Gee, I wonder how that happened, Osman.

>Minarets
Liberation of Constantinople & reinstatement of Hagia Sophia as a church WHEN?

I disagree, the basic Turkish racial stock was there before the ancient Greeks settled the coasts and before the Turkmen invaded.

Yes they converted but in the same way the various Germanic populations converted away from paganism.

Could you imagine if the Vatican was taken over by Muslims and converted to a holy place for them? It's a similar situation here. This is just rabble rising by Erdogen, no one actually wants Hagia Sophia to be anything but a museum at this point; to do anything otherwise is blatantly inflammatory and as such should be appropriately discouraged.

Not much different than greece? It looks like 1/4 the haplogroups found in Turkey aren't in Greece.

Empire happened, also turkic is like 5-10% percent of the genetic pool of turkey look it up

The only reason the Hagia Sophia is still standing is because Christian rulers weren't squabbling over the area for hundreds of years after the Byzantines kicked the bucket.

ITT:
>Me Christian
>Me mad cuz they use building was someday a church

How about you go to church some Sunday? you don't even use those buildings even today.

frankly

Responds please Turk

You are an apologist for the Young Turks, who committed genocide, and now you are saying that the reason the church wasn't destroyed is because christians didn't fight back. Which doesn't make sense, especially considering that the christians did squabble over the building, and the fact that the ottomans were protecting it as a mosque.

The only thing that would make sense is the fact that turkey wasn't on the axis side and got carpet bombed or anything

www.google.com

i know right look at this ugly kurdish actress

şevval sam mı lan o?

It's not worth getting agitated about.

All of the fine Byzantine buildings, Christian in origin, can still be enjoyed.

The Turks added their own buildings.

Turkey is, or was more recently, secular in nature.

I fail to see what my squabble with Turks and Turkey should be, compared to awful malign influences like Saudi Arabia and Israel. Objectively the UK is bad too, but that doesn't effect me.

No one would defend the crimes of the past yet ultimately we all have to move on, that includes the Jews and Armenians.

okay guys, you can stop your little pride now

>screenshotting this for after 12 million turkroaches flood your country

She's ugly desu fampai

I don't get how easily you turks fall for propaganda

REEE

Golden Dawn
and kind of Putin

Time for the removal

>am mı lan o?

and now in non-cockroach?

this ones better

ALLAHHHHHHHHHH

Based Mt. Negro

pretty retarded anyways.

why is he wearing a big onion on his head haha.

Suck my cockroach

Is it legal to be non mooslim in Turkland?

Yes

Are you treated just, or more like a thrid class "human" if not muslim?

You're not treated just if you're not in the ruling elite, Muslim or not. In general the Muzzies are getting more uppity but they still can't pull a full Iran because seculars earn the money.

more like 5th class
also #pretty women you said?

Will the seculars march and rise up against erdogan at some point, or will you just watch everthing go to islamist shit?

They did in 2013, see Gezi. Now it's army or we're fucked.

WImplying christians don't want to christianize the entire world
>Implying christians don't want to christianize even more their lost territories

at least someone who gets it

Don't do that you fucking roach, stay secular and I may not oppose your accession to the EU

As far as I remember the Turkey's army were once the guardians of secularity and there were rumors in the last decade that they were planning to get rid of erdogan, but EU-leaders intervened.

Is the army still that guardian of secularity? I heard that Erdogan had the army infiltrated with loyal islamists.

How likely is it that the army goes the way of the praetorians?

good job europe, now army kisses erdogan's ass

Liberating the city and putting the cross up over it again is a nice meme but its pretty unrealistic at this point. The last good chance was after World War One and even then the international powers could never have agreed on who would control the Dardanelles. The best the Greeks could have ended up with would have been maybe retaking Adrianople + Smyrna and some surrounding areas. Even the most radical Greek nationalists knew groups like the Pontic coast Greeks were too isolated and outnumbered to have any realistic chance of staying independent. Reconquering Constantiople would require ethnic genocide and deportations on a massive scale, something that I don't see the modern West having the stomach for unless a global nuclear war had already taken place.

Tell that the european commission. Those fuckers who want to disarm us and send us to reeducation camps where a "culture of tolerance" is installed in our minds. We have similar problems, m8.

A educated Anglo post actually not intended to divide and conquer?

SHUT IT DOWN

lol europe, brainwashing its people since,since 100 BC

>Reconquering Constantiople would require ethnic genocide and deportations on a massive scale
just wait an see, its long overdue

>Reconquering Constantiople would require ethnic genocide and deportations on a massive scale
That's a good thing.