Europeans don't like our cars

>Europeans don't like our cars
:(

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/car-reliability/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/
reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer
cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/most-reliable-car-brands
usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/10/24/consumer-reports-reliability-survey-puts-buick-top-3/92678638/
youtube.com/watch?v=gbEun_TNZzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>No one with taste does
:^)

t; disgruntled ford worker

well, europeans make super and popular cars, americans do model T, so ....

Lincolns are just overpriced fords. Its literally the same car underneath the paint.

but the opposite is also true, i prefer corvette to lamborghini

Every single time you post poor examples

Post the F-150 Raptor, ZL1 Camaro, ZR1/Z06 C5/6/7 Corvettes, the upcoming MR corvette, the pony mustang, the Shelbys, the ATS-V, CTS-V Cadillacs, hellcat/demon, the Yukon Denali, the 'slade, etc

But you always choose the shittiest examples as if you want to troll us

>Its literally the same car underneath the paint.
The same for most luxury brands.

Lexus uses some toyota parts, Acura uses Honda parts, Scion uses some subaru parts (even though it's owned by toyota), Maybach uses Mercedes parts, etc, etc.

The point is that, it's normal.

The sad part is that you are mentioning brands that use other reliable quality brands to build luxury cards on top of them
So Lincoln will just sell you a overpriced unreliable Ford

>American "cars"

consumerreports.org/car-reliability/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/
reliabilityindex.com/manufacturer
cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/most-reliable-car-brands
usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2016/10/24/consumer-reports-reliability-survey-puts-buick-top-3/92678638/

Every objective or attemp at measuring reliability puts Ford and Mercedes around the same level of reliability.

Volkswagen is in the dumps, and luxury brands vary.

Toyota, Lexus and the Japanese do very well.
But the Germans aren't as reliable as you make it seem.

too dangerous

Buick (GMC=American) also does fantastically.
>MUH AMerican car
at least we make cars.

Start making cars for their market.

Over here people like your classic cars and Jeeps. Nothing really else though. Why would anyone choose whatever you've posted, when you can get a Jaguar, Merc or BMW for the same price, and with better handling and styling.

Doesn't Mexico assemble a big portion of cars sold in America?

>or BMW
t. mr chang, owner of papakura's finest fish and chip shop

Who /cts/ here?

Just like America makes German and Japanese cars.

Your point? The brands, designs, engineering are done by Americans. Assembly is mindless work.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm an Anglo-Scottish mutt from Christchurch. BMW make decent luxury sedans if you're after one. Personally I'd never buy one, but if you were in the market they're a good choice.

Who wants a Cadillac, or Buick or whatever other shitty brands they have?

Not anymore.
Tesla was like the #1 selling car in Norway or so.

The designs are more Garish than the Japanese luxury models. It looks like something Kia or Ching-Chong motor company would produce.

whatever you say wong

>garish
Isn't that what your paying for though?
You want a toyota corolla with leather seats.

I find lexus and Japanese luxury brands to be bland and just plain ugly.

beamers and mercs are easily more popular than any american brand aside from bogan-tier ford falcons you sperg

Well, Tesla is to electric cars what Ford was to regular cars. The novelty of high performing, properly manufactured and somewhat low priced makes it a nice import vehicle brand. Especially on countries with cheap electricity

>americans import our classics

youtube.com/watch?v=gbEun_TNZzA

:3

I'm not a huge fan of Lexus's either, but they're at least more understated and less bulky than Cadillac's.

I love your gas guzzler muscle cars because they're meant to brash. Still decades later they're just as cool as when they came out, but you don't want that in a luxury car. Even in the picture you posted, it looks like a performance car masquerading as a luxury vehicle.

Japanese Cars > German Cars > American Cars > other Yuro cars > k*rean """cars"""

Yeah that's boring as fuck, it's fine if you want understated but I doubt most people who want a sports car like the CTS-V want something understated.

I'm a different user. I haven't posted any pics.
But I find the Continental to be pretty classy.
I don't particularly like Cadillac, maybe the SUVs but not the sedans.

I like Lincoln, and some of the higher priced fords and chevrolets, like Taurus and Impala.

What can you do.

new european cars are shit

Looks good for a modern car.

Maybe force the EU to drop tariffs.
10% tariffs vs. 2% is quite a bit.
Maybe we should raise our tariffs.
But then WE would get shit for being "protectionist" no?

The EU and America also have different safety requirements, you can't just sell European cars on America, you have to redesign it a bunch, have it certified, and so on

>Sporty dynamics = luxury

When will this meme end

what did he mean by this

You must be new here.
Are you working for MSF or MAF?

American automakers, especially Ford contract out a lot of their design work out to Mexican companies like Metalsa and Nemak. Nissan, GM, Honda, BMW and VW use Mexican contractors to develop a lot of parts too.

Jap cars are starting to go to shit. Honda is now plagued by CVT shit and turbo lag, Toyota is stale as shit and Lexus, while capable of greatness approves disgusting designs. Nissan/Infiniti is okay. At least their RWD models are.

Lincoln is easily the best major US automaker right now. I just wish they'd hurry up and release their Mustang based performance cars already.

Cadillacs are a fucking meme, my dad used to have a 96 CTS and it was horrible in every single way

American cars, not even once

They didn't start making CTS models until 2003, Juan.. you must be thinking of some other model which probably did suck if it was from the mid 90s.

The CTS was the first great car Cadillac had done in decades and has been the usher into a new future for Cadillac as more than just an old person brand like Lincoln still is.

Do you mean DTS? The CTS wasn't released until 2003. The DTS was pretty garbage though.

>front wheel drive V8

New Lincolns are breddy gud though. I'd rather daily drive a Continental than a CTS. They both make about 400hp from a turbo V6 too.

This, Puebla is literally VW (including subsidiaries like Audi) territory

They weren't even doing the (Letter)TS shit until the CTS came out so it was either a Deville or Seville.
You either work for Ford or someone in your immediate family does to say such foolish things. Or you're like 66 and live in Florida... dunno which.

Yeah, i think it was the STS, but still, every american car ive encountered with was poorly designed

I work for a German automaker atm. Used to work for GM though. I'd honestly rather take a Continental over a CTS. If I want a luxury car I want isolated comfort and power. I don't by luxury for harsh suspension and racing seats. The CTS is more like an E60 with a shittier interior. Not especially comfortable, hard seats and flimsy interior. Also CUE is unabashed garbage that renders some functions of the vehicle operation unuseable from time to time, even GM admits it. Fords just eat turbos. If I wanted a fun car I'd buy a Camaro. It has the exact same underpinnings as the CTS but in coupe form and with a naturally aspirated V8 and no CUE.

Actually, it's more like
>Half of the industrial workers in Europe riot if their government imports US cars

>but still, every american car ive encountered with was poorly designed

Poorly designed by Mexicans

Greenville user?

All car entertainment systems pretty much suck though. I actually drive a Ford now, Sync is complete shit too. I love how it doesn't have a bluetooth button in my Focus so I have to jump in and say "Bluetooth audio" evertime I start my car.

No, I'm in Los Angeles.

CUE is even worse. Literally all the vehicle functions other than shifting, steering and lighting are handled with capacitive touch panels and a 0.8ghz CPU.

>filename.png

Too soon to blame your poorly designs on us m8, we just assemble them based on your designs

Tbh, European(especially German and Italian) cars beat the shit out of the Americans counterparts

But at the same time, I must admit that Korean-made cars are by far the worst. I'd rather go with an American made car if I have to choose between a Korean and an American one despite me being Korean

I unironically like Kia. In the US they're a great value. A fully optioned K7 (called the Cadenza in the US) is cheaper than a V6 Honda Accord here. I understand Korean cars are way more expensive in Korea though.

Yeah the high end cars everybody winds up with as imports.
Their average shit is average and not worth the high price of replacement parts to buy for most of the world.

This, wtf is wrong with Kia? Once i went to a dealership to see the cars and all of them you had to open the trunk from inside, poor design tbqhwy

Not really. The Fusion was largely designed by Ford Mexico with input from Euro Ford. The F150/Lobo was actually largely engineered by a Mexican company called Metalsa and is assembled in the US by a Metalsa owned firm. People here make fun of Fords for being Mexican cars.

Isnt the F150 the best selling automobile in history?

Pretty sure that's the Toyota Corolla or the VW bug.

>buying a non japanese car
unless you are buying a sports car or something why wouldn't you get a nipmobile?

Toyotas are boring as hell, Hondas are beginning to suck dick thanks to their overuse of CVTs and 1.5L turbo engines, Nissan is actually less reliable than American brands. RWD Nissan models (Infiniti) are okay though.

Most Americans lease anyways so long term reliability doesn't matter to companies very much anymore.

The Chrysler 300 was dank as fuck tho.
Somebody post it, I wanna masturbate.

>Americans ban french cars
success breeds jealousy, they know they just can't compete