Just heard this album for the first time

What do you guys think about it? I’ve fallen in love

yeah... well it's one of those albums that gets shittier every listen

I just discovered these guy too thanks to the last top 10 albums thread. Been listening nonstop since. I thought they were some dumb millenial indie band, not sure who I was confusing them with

This. I liked it at first then realized how mediocre it actually is.

According to my lastfm it's my most listened to album

I remember it being nice and pleasant but not that memorable

Its inconsistent. Summer Sun is better if you like to chill

Some great songs on there but a lot of really boring parts too. This is one of the few albums where I skip a lot of the stuff that to me is just bland and uninteresting.

absolutely untrue btw

It's strangely overlooked even by big fans of the band but it's not better.

this and Painful are the only YLT albums that I could get into
rest was pretty boring run of the mill indie crap.
Shoegazy tracks are the highlights imo

man a whole boatload of terrible opinions in here today huh?

All the yo la tengo albums have this flaw. After hearing some of their songs once, you really don't feel compelled to listening to them again. But when yo la tengo doesn't get carried away with their aimless jams, they're really able to create some beautiful moments, which is why I still love some of their albums despite the flaws they have

If they wouldve just been better at cutting the fluff and took their time and released a couple less albums, they couldve been huge

Yeah they definitely require a lot of patience to get into, to me even more so than most GY!BE or Talk Talk albums (not that this is the most difficult stuff that's out there).

I do not listen to YLT anymore but
I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass
by far

This. 1/4 to 1/2 of every Yo La Tengo album is 10/10. That's math btw.

the genre is hard to replicate, and is falling out of vogue among enthusiast musicians. I think this album holds a great spot in the memories of my teenage years, but so does NMH, so don't write home about it

weirdly enough, I find this to be the case with most 10/10 songs. It's as if they are emotionally demanding and if you listened to them daily then they'd lose their worth.

It’s perfect

I feel you OP, it's one of those albums that I fell in love with on the first listen. It is such a great collection of awesome songs, and the whole mood and atmosphere of the album is comfy and pleasant as fuck.

If you didn’t get introduced to this album on long rides home in the backseat of your parents’ car at night, basically experiencing the album art irl, you’re missing out

a positive post with no comments? I better shit on it. that'll show the world.

nah that was my first thought. it's basic pop music with some MBV worship thrown in

Love this album, very special to me. Reminds me of nostalgic autumn nighrts
in small doses, definitely not an album to binge