Black Mirror

What does Sup Forums think of the new season? I just started watching it.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/black-mirror-season-3-charlie-brooker-interview-release-date-joe-wright-nosedive-shut-up-and-dance-a7372841.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

10/10

Started this show with my girlfriend and we really like it. Seen all of season one (ep 2 was best) and White Christmas which was phenomenal honestly. I'm excited to see more.

Never put good TV in the hands of the yanks.

quite worse than the previous seasons. i should rewatch them to be sure but i think they were much more interesting

>my girlfriend

Well I would ask her to marry me but she's still with her husband.

Only 22 man fuck marriage.

Lowest point of the new season by far. BDH is a sub-par actor, social critique was too on the nose, and the forced congeniality was all around annoying.

The new series is Americanised, pleberised, trash.

It's all so focused on the twist. So many of the new episodes are totally dull and boring up until a TWIST. It doesn't change your perspective on events like White Bear. It just makes you go "oh a sci fi thing was happening".

Also, there seems to be a emphasis more on "woah wouldn't this be scary" than actually trying to tie it into real world developments in a thought provoking way.

Every older episode > Nosedive > Shut up and dance > Hated in the nation > Playtest > Men against fire > San Junipero

At least it had social critique.

When I started the new season I thought it'd be the low point for sure, but by the end it felt like one of the only ones that actually had something to say at all, not "WOOH SPOOPY VIDYA" or whatever.

The forced congeniality being annoying was the point, after all. The flaws for me were the ending being confused. Just what was she trying to acheive with the wedding speech? It should have been obvious it wouldn't go well. But then she doesn't turn it into a rant like in Million Merits.

And if just a few bad votes was enough to ruin her rating at the airport, why didn't her continous 5 stars at the start make her close to a 5 star? Very tough to believe her brother and two jerks could ruin her so easily.

Gains a million points for the sequence where they turn the "downvote" noise into a part of the soundtrack though.

So you didn't like it

It was better than most things made nowadays but a huge letdown.

I get that S1 and S2 were ridiculous S3 is just nice that they didn't forget about it

2,3,5,6 breddy good

6>2>5>3 in that order

>It doesn't change your perspective on events like White Bear. It just makes you go "oh a sci fi thing was happening".
Good way of putting it, although I take offence at "Americanised"
>At least it had social critique.
Shut Up And Dance approached its questions with nuance, doesn't really force you to choose a side, where as Nosedive takes on a single viewpoint.
>Just what was she trying to acheive with the wedding speech?
This went on for way too long for how little it had to say.
>Gains a million points for the sequence where they turn the "downvote" noise into a part of the soundtrack though.
That was well done.

Watched 3 of the 6 so far, and they've all been shit. I saw the Shut Up and Dance one was voted high, and then I see the troll faces and I almost stopped watching the show completely.

Hopefully 4-6 has a decent one.

I pretented those trollfaces were ironic

>then I see the troll faces and I almost stopped watching the show completely
don't know why autists are freaking out over this just because the troll face is an outdated meme. maybe that's the point? maybe the hackers are old and aren't exactly up to date with the latest spicy memes? and they kinda had to use the troll face in the show since its been around for ages and is probably one of the only memes that normies would recognise.

The writers obviously were trying to be cute, but it felt like that goddamn Law and Order episode in terms of how it was handled.

>It doesn't change your perspective on events like White Bear.
What the fuck is it with plebs and slobbing white bear's knob? The episode was completely pointless and utterly devoid of any sort of social commentary.

she does have a weird nose come to think of it. But I honestly loved that episode. It was the first one I watched, so I guess I'm biased. Makes you think, all of the instagram whores are like that.

Its probably just the idea that people know what maymays mean that got people all triggered.

Did you have a bad experience with the show or something? It wasn't pointless, it was pretty damn good. I did not expect the ending and that's what made it great.

Without hollywood, our jews, and blacks, there wouldn't be any good entertainment. You UKfags are too high and mighty for your own good.

This is why I hated it, hit too close to home. Fucking hate fake-ass people like that and especially their attention-whoring.

Well yeah, it hit close to home for me too, but I'm not gonna hate the episode in particular for it.

>"girlfriend"
>not "SO"
Not very progressive.

Not really.

Perhaps a trifle outdated, but it's exactly how somebody would use a trollface online.

4 is an amazing concept presented in the dullest possible fucking way, 5 is one twist carrying an entire episode with an awful ending, and 6 is a very interesting and relevant social issue carried out in an..... odd sci fi way.

>Perhaps a trifle outdated, but it's exactly how somebody would use a trollface online.

No one that can organize that kind of shit would be a group of 19 year old troll face hackers. It's fucking dumb.

I didn't say it was the best, far from it.

But the whole point is that you think it's a very dull, empty episode, and then the twist changes that.

They aren't "mindless zombies behind their screens hurr" , they were actively revelling in her torment the entire time.

Whereas "HE WAS DEAD THE WHOLE TIIIIIIIME" is the laziest, shittiest, buzzfeediest twist ever.

It made you think about the way we deal with crime and punishment in a culture of spectacle.

Isn't that the whole point though? You think it must be some huge conspiracy leading up to a grand criminal scheme, but it was just a bunch of kids looking for the lulz.

It's scary because they could pull the whole thing off from behind their screen.

>and then the twist changes that.
No, it makes it even more dull and pointless

They would've been 10-20 years prior.

Could you explain why you think that?

It's scarier to think that the audience willingly participates in the farce, and even pay for the privilege, than that they have been magically brainwashed by a "weird signal".

The message changes from "cellphones make us complacent" to "do we take too much joy in the suffering and punishment of
criminals?"

Far from my favourite but a better twist than what the new series offers.

New episodes should have been shorter

No, they should have had more content.

schadenfreude isn't a new concept and wasn't presented in a new or interesting fashion. Wiping her memory every day basically means there's no prolonged torture aspect, as she retains nothing of it, the "phone/camera" aspect basically just boiled down to bitching about paparazzi, shit that's existed for a hundred years.

So, the episode was dated and redundant in every way it could've been... unless you're some sheltered faggot.

Hated every episode. Worst season, and the last season I bothered with.
Wonder if it was made bad intentionally, some parts had this off feeling about them.

I watched the first 3 episodes and I remain unimpressed.

>Did you have a bad experience with the show or something?
yeah i watched it

Episode 4 is when the show decends to the level of pure leftist propaganda.

>people pretending like the earlier seasons didn't have the same shallow hamfisted social commentary as the third season

not really, if you replace the lesbian couple with a heterosexual one the plot would still stand.
i bet you thought it had a "good" ending

This. Only a certified cretin would think it was at any point "eye-opening" or "clever"

>pretending season 3 is as good as either of the first two

there is no hamfisted social commentary on the third season, its all about "look how technology makes us shallow BOOM big plot twist bet you didnt see that coming did ya >^)"

The very depiction of normalized lesbianism makes it propaganda.

The very depiction of normalized race mixing makes it propaganda.

I hope you realize that the "story" is only a framework that exists upon which to hang anti-white sentiments.

you sound very bitter
how old are you

>Black Mirreddit

Good writing, good acting, good directing, original stories that are highly engaging, some episodes make you think, some are just entertainment in varying genres

Not sure why everyone in this thread is straight autismo over it being shit

You sound like a pathetic nu-man. Too cowardly to lift his head out of the sand and see the murder machine for what it is.

>Good writing

AYY MISTA MONROE

That is the point. The "hackers" fucking with people weren't masterminds or faceless corporate spies or some shit like that. They were probably a couple of 15 year olds who saw the trollface and thought it would be hilarious to use.

They probably made a thread about it on Sup Forums too. "What did he mean by this?"

I mean if you are so above us sheeple why even bother with means of mass entertainment

Couldn't make it through the first episode

Leftist propaganda media pieces are the guns and bullets of the modern age. Our race is not being genocided by gas chambers or mass shootings, but instead by memetic means. You must keep up with the anti-white memes so you can understand and then defend.

watch it again and pretend kelly is a man named kevin. Change nothing else.

this is what happens when a person has no legitimate conflict or difficulty in their life.

Can't wait for you Drumpfkins to get btfo desu.

That would be even worse because heterosexual race mixing is even more dangerous.

WF+BF = No children.
WF+BM = A new soldier in the shitskin army.

just finished dling it, now let it fester in my hard drive unwatched til i delete it when stranger things dl is finished then let that fester in my hard drive unwatched til i delete it when twd dl is finished then let that fester in my hard drive unwatched til i delete it when westworld season is finished then let that fester in my hard drive unwatched til i delete it when mr. robot is finished then let that fester in my hard drive unwatched til i delete it when twin peaks finally hits. i post in all ur lovely threads too

I see, so you completely lack the capacity for complex thought.

Tell me more about that.

I loved the christmas special
It s been a long time since a show made me uneasy like that.

You are so drowned by the Jewish obfuscation that you are incapable of recognizing the simplest of truths. Even an infant knows the difference between a boy and a girl, but a mindfucked leftist does not.

Dropping the aggressive altogether gives you passive vaginal spasms

This show is just becoming LE TWEESTS UPVOTE now
I didn't even think about the goddamn twists before this shitty season, I guess they saw how everyone jacked off to White Bear and White Christmas and decided to make this a staple of the show
every single episode exists for the twist now, only one that didn;t was nosedive i think

>that cut to the beach right after the girls fuck in the San Junipero episode
I laughed like a retard but I m not sur if it was intended to be understand like that

Great season. Better than season 2 and on par with season 1.

Why is white bear getting more love when pre-neo/tv/ properly mocked as antishaming shaming, and why isn't EHoY getting the recognition it deserves?

>and why isn't EHoY getting the recognition it deserves?
All non-redditors know that is is the only worthwhile episode of the entire show. It's not worth trying to argue that point to these video game playing 15 million merits enabling lost causes

Oh it's the guy that thinks the white race is going extinct through the power of big black dicks. The internet has warped your brain.

The white race is going exinct not because of the BBC directly, but instead because of the white females who have been brainwashed by the Jew into desiring the BBC.

Your strawman is like blaming the demise of a people who decide to walk into the sea on mass on the water itself. The big black dicks are just a tool of the jew.

Koba did nothing wrong.

I don't get the end of episode 5, does he just sit alone in an abandoned shithole having visions of his dream girl? How does he eat?

>That episode 1 ending with the negro in jail
What did Brooker mean by this?

Daily reminder that Waldo will happen in your lifetime.

That all white women should be jailed across from a black male until they become broken and believe that they only want sex with big, strong, black men.

The simple truth is the "white race" is an amalgamation created by mongrel white trash to claim the accomplishments of their betters as part of their heritage.

The Romans wanted nothing to do with your germanic heritage (and vice versa), the germanics wanted nothing to do with your celtic/gaelic heritage (and vice versa), and as little as 60 years ago, one half of your heritage would be crossing the street to avoid the other half.

The only reason you were born at all is because your whore great-grandmother thought it'd be new/fun/exciting to fuck a scrappy irishman or because no one from her ethnicity thought she was attractive, but to some irish nigger, she was the most beautiful polack he'd ever seen.

Merits will always hold a place in my heart for saying popular counter-culture is just a means of self-correction for the status quo.

She gets in trouble because she is too nice to the black colleague they all decide to downvote.

She decides to stake her life on the expensive house because they show a hologram of her getting fucked by a black guy in it.

She truly smiles for the first time after flirting with a black guy in a suit in jail.

WHATDIDTHEYMEANBYTHIS

waldo has already happened, at the absolute least, six times in your lifetime.

I think she never existed. It was the military giving you a "motivation". Same for every other soldier.

Then he came back home, but had nobody. It was all a deception. He see a ghost and is stuck with a ghost.

Which is the real message of an otherwise great episode.

>that horror game episode
>in the end he died in less than a second

What was the point of that episode?

But was that his real house? Was it his "jail cell"? Or his reward for compliance?

Kind of confused.

>le white people were racist against white people meme
Never happened, fag. It's called banter.

DUDE IMAGINE IF ASH WAS DEAD ALL ALONG IN POKEMON

OMG IMAGINE IF HARRY POTTER WAS ALL HIS DREAM AS HIS PARENTS LEFT HIM TO STARVE UNDER THE STAIRS

The cretins who write this nonsense wrote that episode. I found it incredibly entertaining, sure, more than others this season, but what was the purpose? What am I supposed to think about?

"Called Mom" was a genius final line though. If only he'd called her sooner he'd still be alive! And watching Big Ass Spider on the plane before being told to switch his phone off for safety.... kino wasted on a crap twist

It might be both.
Maybe he didnt take the deal and got tortured for years and went back home to his wife, who left him and he kept coming back to the moment.

Or he took the deal, went back home and was stuck with an imaginary wife.

It's really open handed.

Fun fact : White Bear and Men Against Fire are the two episodes that "might" get a sequel. But are really unlikely.

It bothered me that all the ones with female leads had happy endings and the ones with males were nightmare fuel. The lesbian one was especially preachy and boring.

The terrifying future of a really plausible Augmented-Reality-based society. Also, call mom while you still can.

White Bear already has a sequel.

You just rewatch the episode

Where the fuck did you hear that though? Very odd pairing.

Kojima.

Also, the risks of technology and to live in the moment.

In general, VR might be dangerous.

"This being an anthology series, do you think you’ll ever revisit past worlds, characters and storylines?

We nearly have. I’ve got an idea for a sequel to 'White Bear'. I wrote that script really quickly and it was totally different; well, the story they tell her before they reveal to her what’s really going on was totally different. It was more a zombie apocalypse type thing about a journalist and this signal bouncing about the globe."

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/features/black-mirror-season-3-charlie-brooker-interview-release-date-joe-wright-nosedive-shut-up-and-dance-a7372841.html

dude bees lmao

I did call my mom the next day. It made her day.

I really liked that episode. It was like a short movie. No eye computers, no super weird technology.

Just Bees going extinct (like they are going slowly now), and a terrorist using the new technology to avenge a girl he loved.

Ah, I got mistaken, it was "Be Right Back" not Men Against Fire.

"In October 2016, Brooker revealed that he had ideas of where sequels to both "White Bear" and "Be Right Back" would go, but it was unlikely that either would be made"

Same article.

Out of the top of my head, at least 2 episodes went on for longer than they needed.

San Junipero should've ended as soon as the Black lady says "I'm ready for the rest of my life"

The Bees episode should've ended as soon as the qt detective asked why the dude was keeping tabs on who was sending the #DeathTo, and cut to the bees approaching everyone.

Even the one with the Pedophile shouldn't have had it reiterate twice what he was, I guess.

I dunno, seems like they dumbed it down a fair bit.

if it was still on BBC it wouldnt be a problem, now because of netflix the episodes have 15 more minutes to fill in