In all seriousness, do you think Kanye is the greatest hip hop artist of all time?

In all seriousness, do you think Kanye is the greatest hip hop artist of all time?

Yes.

But he's also my second favorite artist in general so make of that what you will.

Nah, DG and MF Doom are much better.

No.

(You)

He is a top 5 producer. He can't rap. That's about it

most influential id say, but hes technically pretty lacking in his rapping.

tupac, biggie, the list goes on...

He's notable, but I think we can all agree Hopsin is the greatest.

No

Yes, but the problem is that he knows it

Honestly Kanye is just overrated. He's a decent producer yes, His rap is fine but something really bad. His best days are far time over! His ego killed his career, Like Kendrick said, Be humble & sit down. Kanye was not humble & went out of line multiple times only to get more attention on himself not to mention he wanna be all edgy & stuff.. Look he's a good artist mostly but I feel like he just lost it & it's entirely his fault too.

Top 5

Hell no. Not even top 30.

Only a dweeb who would include Immortal Technique and Vinnie Paz on his list would say that.

His best 3 albums are his last 3 though, and his first 3 albums are his worst.

you ain't gotta remind me

Who the fuck ? Damn Kanyefags are retarded.

Tbqh.. yes. Eminem is the best lyricist, buut for all time hip hop artist it's the Yeez. I don't think he's near done either.

Incorrect 0/2

I see, you don't know those people, you're just retarded.

ebic b8

Yes.

He has only gotten better and taken more creative risks. I don't know what you are on about. Your terrible English does not help matters.

His first 3 are good, just more conventional. Those first 3 are better than a lot of rappers right now consecutive 3 album releases. Saying terrible sounds like an exaggeration. I do agree his albums after that are some of his strongest work. MBDTF, Yeezus and 808s & Heartbreak specifically.

Mate, just because I said their his worst doesn't mean I think they're terrible.

TCD- 8/10
LR - 8.5/10
Graduation - 7/10

But his later works are all 9/10 or above imo.

Only two of these things are true, which are they?

Ok top 5 could be debatable but ye is easily a top 10 rapper

>He is a top 5 producer.
dj premier, madlib, pete rock, j dilla, and either lex luger or swizz beatz

He was honestly the most interesting thing about 2000s hip hop. Ye fucking owned that era.

all worse

>forgetting RZA

come on man

I don’t actually have strong opinions about him but I do enjoy making it known to other people irl that I’m a huge fan and that I believe he’s “the greatest artist of a generation” because he’s so polarizing and it usually results in fun conversations with people who either absolutely love him and we talk passionately about him/his discography or people fucking hate him and we have a cheeky argument about it

This is the most honest thing I've seen on this board.

yo i also do this
one time a girl told me he was talentless because 'anybody can talk over someone elses music' and she got really embarrassed when i said he made beats

Eyedea

I JUST DON'T I JUST DON'T I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST DON'T KNOW I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST I JUST

OP here and I’m agreeing with what I’m seeing here in some of the replies and I appreciate the input. what’s with this notion that Kanye’s actual rapping is weak? Do we not recall verses from LR and The College Dropout, even MBDTF? Sure these could easily be ghost written but that’s the case for a lot of artists anyway

Honestly probably yes, he killed gangster rap and made it ok for rap to branch out and not be the same derivative shit over and over again, plus he has pushed the genre in a lot of ways

no

Then how come when he played his beats to Jay-Z, he had that Gucci bucket, he took it and like put it over his face and made one of them faces like 'OOOOOOOOOOH?

nope, pic related is

A Tribe Called Quest were way better.

Yea

>swizz beatz
Of all the producers to pick you choose that hack?

rap sucks