Fat guy almost dies

>Fat guy almost dies
>Massive heart attack (pic related)
>Saved by solid medical science

Should we as a society permit the saving of those who voluntarily treat their bodies like garbage cans? We put tremendous amounts of resources into saving people who are at least passively killing themselves. Explain how this makes sense.

this is why they charge you for healthcare in America

The problem is the thin edge of the wedge. How unhealthy is "too unhealthy to save"? And how can we prevent abuse of it?

There's zero good ideas around those issues.

He has a heart attack?

>Implying he wouldn't have been saved in any non-shit-tier country

i mean, if your using him to prove your point, its kinda pointless he rich has his own money to pay, so you have no say, use poor people as an example you idiot.

Yes. Massive one. Complete LAD blockage.

>I have no idea how emergency medicine works

Anyone who makes it to the ER and presents with a massive MI is gonna get the same TX

Shit good he survive. I still can't buy a fucking clerks movie in my country.

Do you live in buttholeistan?

I need a translated movie, I can buy an original in a sec on ebay or something

Or you could just learn a proper language and open yourself up to a whole field of films that were made using a real language.

I know english but I WANT THIS MOVIE IN MY LANGUAGE, why do you care at all?

Not so much that I care but merely pointing out that if you limit your movie choices to movies translated to whatever passes for human language where you're from then you will miss out on a lot of good movies. Also English has a lot of idioms that don't translate well to the clicks and gurgles that I assume you're familiar with so you may not get some things if they're translated.

>miss out on a lot of good movies
Name a few please. I mean I watched like almost every movie that was made in this world and each of them was translated

>Name a few please.
Clerks

I was born speaking a proper European language then learned to speak another European language. I've never run into an instance of needing a movie translated so I can't say what has or has not been translated into whatever passes for communication in your region of the world.

He lost a lot of weight over the last few years. Still can't escape the years before that and genetics (his father died of a heart attack) though.

I can't buy this not because it wan't translated, I can't buy it because it's OUT

>He lost a lot of weight over the last few years
And put it back on, then lost it, then gained it.
Lather, rinse, repeat

>before that and genetics
pic related

He lost a lot of weight in recent years but he became a heavy smoker after picking up the habit playing Silent Bob in Clerks.

Smoking is so insanely bad for you

>Should we as a society permit the saving of those who voluntarily treat their bodies like garbage cans?
I feel the same way about drug overdoses, specifically opioids; but only because people from rural areas are more than 50% more likely to overdose from opioids than someone in an urban or even a suburban area(according to the CDC). I advocate a hands off approach to let the riff raff poison themselves.

>I feel the same way about drug overdoses, specifically opioids;

I understand your POV, but there are loads of people who get hooked on opiates from legit prescriptions. I don't think that warrants death.

>but there are loads of people who get hooked on opiates from legit prescriptions
Yea that's pretty much the overwhelming majority of addicts these days. But the key point is that rural people are much more likely to abuse these drugs and overdose. Given that these people are the subhuman riff raff who don't even merit a handshake I think it's best to stop helping them and let whatever happens happen.

>But the key point is that rural people are much more likely to abuse these drugs and overdose
Because they're on medicaid and the drug co's have made very sure that opiates are fully covered. Massive scripts for minor injuries are the norm. It's free to the PT and the doc gets paid to write it. The clinic (probably owned at least partially by the doc) has a pharmacy that it turn makes tons of money dispensing the RX.

Blame drug cos, not Cletus here. Plenty of things to blame Cletus for, but this isn't one of them.

>Plenty of things to blame Cletus for, but this isn't one of them.
I'm not blaming Cletus for this specifically, I'm just pointing out that America would be better off if we stopped helping them and allowed them to poison themselves. I know it isn't their fault their demographic is more likely to kill themselves with opioids but the rest of us should seize upon this opportunity to be rid of these people. All we have to do is nothing.

>thinks only fat people have heart attacks
>thinks there's no link between heart attacks and a genetic predisposition
>a demotivator in the literal current year you probably had to google image search because you thought it was epic style hilarious

>Fat fuck
>Heavy smoker
>LAD MI must be the result of genetics.

OK, dipshit.

hey man everyone in their life experiences health issues, just gotta try to keep people alive as long as possible. What are you some sort of psycho?

If they have money to pay the doctor then yeah

endocannabinoid system regulates diet, and mood, 2 biggest factors to contribute to overweight, also aids heals damage from physical activity and the like, promoting longevity in exercise.

we symbiotically, symbiotically, evolved alongside cannabis. WE HAVE A SYSTEM HARDWIRED IN OUR GENETIC EVOLUTION FOR ITS RECPTION AND HAVE MADE IT ILLEGAL

so yeah same insitution ur suggesting saying fuck fatties is the same shit keeping them fat

go kys

Um, wait. Kevin Smith is a daily pot smoker. What point are you making?

so is phelps and rogan

Ok, great. but to get a hardon over the health benefits of pot in a thread about a daily pot user who had a heart attack is hardly a great example.

Phelps is an athlete, Rogan was an athlete until he found out he could make more money breathing heavily into a mic about expanding consciousness through calcifying the pineal gland or whatever dumb shit hes on about today. What's your point?

the pot didnt kill him, kept him alive longer

decalcifying*

Unfortunately, I do agree with this. I've studied addiction and from what I've seen, it robs you of your very humanity. Addiction overrides most normal human emotions and so I think the only way to treat them at a certain point is to handle them like a dangerous animal.

Please don't correct me when I'm being condescending, even if you get dubs.

Man you are the dip shit if you don't think someone healthy can have a massive heart attack. You hear about athletic people having heart attacks almost as often as unhealthy fags. What is your point faggot

Its called being human. You have probably spent the majority of your life with your mommy handing the world to you so you lack compassion. Basically what I am saying is you are a retard.

Fucking cringe.

>You hear about athletic people having heart attacks almost as often as unhealthy fags.
I personally have never heard about an athletic person having a heart attack.

Are you implying pot is the cause of the heart attack then? If anything weed has probably helped prolong any heart attack until now.

LOL, the guy who invented jogging had a heart attack.

We support stupid idiots like you, so why not?

so I guess it doesn't happen if you don't hear about it then eh?

>be me
>massive heart attack just like this dude
>Young (40)
>great shape (runner)
>low cholesterol
>low BP
>pulse of 50 resting
>feel soreness in chest
>wait 4 hours before wife says "you look white"
>takes me to hospital
>I die along the way, just before ER
>zero fucks given as I float into black
>wake up in ICU - doctors said had to shock twice
>need quintuple bypass
>why? I said to doc
>dunno, he replied.
>just bad luck
>but, I remember the feeling of zero fucks.

mfw, I don't worry about dying anymore either.

I'm not sure. Does my lack of anecdotal evidence override your anecdotal evidence?

What do statistics say of the matter? I'm putting my money know non-fat user

>quintuple bypass

Yea if I suffered a heart attack and it took my wife 4 hours to get me to the hospital I'd be less worried about dying too. Talk about perspective.

I'm with you. We also should deny healthcare to anyone who eats refined sugar(regardless or weight), drives a car(one of the most dangerous activities), has a stressfull job(since stress is a major cause of early death), and eats red meat(high in calories and cholesterol)

Happened to me, brah. My whole family are pigs, too, to be honest. Dad smokes, mom eats nothing but fish sticks and hungry-man dinners (I know, I know...). My brother is a raging alcoholic with a huge pot belly, and my sister has been a drug addict most of her life.

I decided to eat good, exercise, take good care of my body, and boom. I'm the one in the hospital getting the bypass. The doctor literally told me there is no rhyme or reason to it. None. Just some funky shit that went on inside my coronary arteries.

Shit just happens - which is all the more reason why you ought to enjoy your life. I'm probably going to slow down a bit now, maybe eat the ice cream instead of the fat-free yogurt, and maybe just live a little more.

fucking kill yourself faggot. I guarantee you can only speak english. and your reading comprehension is worse than pajeet

I kept telling her I was fine, just tired. Remember, I'm young, and somewhat of an athlete. She figured maybe I had the flu. kek.

shit eh
this is why heart attack is the leading cause of death

Refined sugar sure, but I can't get muh gains without muh meat m8

Also, did you know that men die sooner than women? Healthcare status: denied!

Hmm, old people seem to have a lot more problems than younger people. Denied!

Hmm, the stats say that babies and young children visit the doctor WAY more often than adults. Denied!

I'm glad we could fix health care today.

that's not the implication, but good try, idiot
the implication is that you'd have to pay for it, at least at a higher proportion

Says the guy who doesn't capitalize his sentence fragments.

You have a right to eat meat. Society just shouldn't pay for medical care of those who have risky behaviors like red meat or who goes swimming

Honestly, it didn't "feel" like what I've seen described as a heart attack. I wasn't out of breath, I wasn't sweating, I didn't have this massive pain in my chest, no "radiating" to my left arm - I just felt soreness across my whole chest and shoulders, like I did too many push-ups - but it wasn't painful to the point I would do anything about it, more annoying than anything, if that makes sense.

Just goes to show you - everyone is different.

And yeah, we all gotta die of something - if this was going to kill me I'd have to say it wasn't a totally bad way to go.

Exactly. Also did you know that you are more likely to get attacked by a bear out side of your home? You leave your home ever no healthcare for you

This a 100 times over. Kevin Smith has his own money to pay for the costs of medical coverage. If you show us a fat shit that needed government funding to support his cheeseburger lifestyle then thats not okay, but Kevin has earned the right to expect help if his fat shit lifestyle doesnt work.

Also cops. Dangerous job. No healthcare for them

actually there is. its pretty obvious when someones "too unhealthy to save"

Fuck it. No healthcare. If you can't survive without the help of a doctor you don't deserve to live.

Like that webm of those fatties who are so fat that fat has started to deposit on their fucking foreheads. I fucking hate fat people.

Fat people hate you

>Should we as a society permit the saving of those who voluntarily treat their bodies like garbage cans?
No.

When I was in the hospital, I was walking along the Cardiac Care floor, and the grotesque fat slobs I kept seeing was simply breathtaking.

But here's the deal - you either decide as a society that you're going to take care of everyone, regardless of how they take care of themselves, or you are going to let insurance companies (and Medicare) dictate how they live, what they eat, how fat they can be, etc.

The Insurance companies got this all figured out, which is why they charge me more now at 40 than they would if I was 20. That's their business, and so far, they seem to be doing all right in the profit sector.

Youre insured until you arent.

I have never seen a photo of him where he doesn't look hung over.

capitalise*

fat people don't get to hate anyone. they're fat disgusting pieces of shit.

It's spelled with a "z."

kek

Indeed dude, beats withering away from cancer. Being bedridden for months doesnt sound like something I ever want to experience.

nice try trigtards, but the fat im talking about is more associated with the left wing actually.

and to add, donald trump isnt fat on the level of unhealthy and disgusting

Perfect example. Dude eats 2 Big Mac's and 2 Filet-o-Fish sandwiches for lunch, and HE is healthy as a horse. Whereas *I'm* the one on cardiac meds.

God has a sense of humor, after all.

says the guy that treats his brain like a garbage can

Had a friend who died of cancer, slowly, at 59. Watching that sucked big time, but not nearly as bad as what he went through.

Fat is fat regardless of politics. Trump is overweight according to his own doctor. And he eats like shit. Bernie Sanders also is fat. Fat is not a political stance.

Yes he is overweight and has an unhealthy life style

It's really not.

spelt*

well the point is, hes not as fat and disgusting like these people ive shown, and hes not "too unhealthy to save" like morbidly obese people.

Try cracking a dictionary and then get back to me.

Have you seen him lately though?

The language is literally named after my country. The dictionary also originates in said country.

It always makes me laugh when Americans think they are paying for the world's best healthcare, but in reality they are getting the same healthcare than most of the world gets in terms of quality.

But yet they are happy to pay 100k+ for a broken leg or some shit like that. Fucking KEK.