youtube.com/watch?v=8SexxZovChM
youtube.com/watch?v=BC2dRkm8ATU
youtube.com/watch?v=CjfkoJQVUoM
youtube.com/watch?v=aoMw2IOkqIo
youtube.com/watch?v=0rJFreZGi34
youtube.com/watch?v=ZMvLMrSMitE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

about making a FUN album and not about Sup Forums's worthless opinion

reminder that the real Beck album was released by Zach Hill this year and it's fucking great.

youtube.com/watch?v=PJPieSHojqo

>real Beck album

He also could have done it good, not just FUN

You posted it again, good job!

it's more Beck than Beck has been Beck for a good while now.

the only reason i think midnite vultures is GOOD is because of how little he cared about how bad it is. same with colors. they're dogshit but they're fun to play. hello, it's called music. he's beck. every album should be 'what was he thinking'

that's not the beck i want. i want him to discontinue being beck for you. your beck is wrong. your recommendation is ultra dickhead music

what do you think the "reminder" refers to?

whoah, Vultures doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence. with Colors.

we feel different about this, but I understand your point. maybe the real Beck was the fiends we made along the way.

like seriously can you imagine if he let other dictate his sound and was just rehashing odelay still. he's not a musician as much as a weird artist fucking around with genres. colors is just him doing his take on bullshit modern pop.

reminder that the real Beck album was released by himself one year ago and it's fucking great.

youtube.com/watch?v=q06JkKqnRmU

youtube.com/watch?v=DvDy3Gi8k2s&t=8s

youtube.com/watch?v=cLIBuuJnQHg

youtube.com/watch?v=8SexxZovChM

youtube.com/watch?v=BC2dRkm8ATU

That's the problem, Colors in nowhere near weird, it's plain boring pop

that's what's weird about it.

Uhhh, sure mate

if you heard sea change you might think it's boring folk music. the point is it's beck doing a folk album. that's interesting to a fan of his music who never heard folk music.

I see how much you to like this album, but I'm not sure if you actually do.

*want to like this album

fuck's sake.

You must work for Capitol.

i think it's lots of fun, it took me about 9 plays to click and now i think the album is excellent. i'm a fan of his music so i probably give it more of chance than average listener because albums in the past that let me down at first have become favorites.

>sea change is just as bad if you think about it, that's why colors is so good

nu-ah, stop dragging his good stuff down

yeah, i work at capitol and have discovered defending beck's new record a Sup Forums thread to be the ultimate way to bring in new fans. cash is flowing, baby. he just made a million

you're persistent, user. do you like The Information at all?

you're missing my point. if you don't like folk music at all, you're probably going to dismiss sea change. so what, he has other albums. if you don't like colors, so what. why are you intent on forcing your opinion on others and questioning someone's ability to like colors. it's just music.

yes, i love that album. that one also took me a few years to appreciate.

cool. that's my favorite one and Beck fans usually flip out when I tell 'em.

>what is damage control
welcome to 2017

i think all of his albums are worth giving a chance. i remember no one being impressed around me about modern guilt but i played it more and fell in love, and if i play it now people think it's new beck.

yes, there are no real fans of music online. only record label employees frantically trying to boost album sales on an imageboard. all music is bad, you only like things that record labels tell you by way of hundreds of posters.

Honest ranking of his discography:

Odelay > Sea Change > Midnight Vultures > Mutations > Mellow Gold > The Information > Guero > Modern Guilt > One Foot

I didn't listen to his most recent 2 because of how meh the albums from 04-09 were. Are they worth the listen?

what you call meh, i call some of his best. beck is weird like that. all his albums are worth a few plays, in my opinion.

>industry hacks would never pretend to be a fan on a music forum to promote thier crap
ok then

i'm not saying they wouldn't but i am fucking with you, you're paranoid, i am just a big beck fan. they exist.

Ok I was wrong, you're Beck aren't you? Stop wearing the stupid hats.

yes, i'm beck.

It's alright

Forced myself to listen the whole album and it indeed sucks. Few songs that weren't that bad:
Seventh Heaven (boring af though), No Distraction, Up All Night, Square One
The beasts sound like everything else, nothing memorable and after listening it I can't recall any melody or moment. Boring, artificial.

Not that user, but The Information it's my favourite Beck album, you got good taste bro

you really sound like damage control

his last two albums are really weak, just look for b-sides and rarities if you're into his old stuff

>Boring, artificial.
nailed it

yeah, i thought it sucked after listening once- actually stopped playing it half way. tried some more, but it wasn't until 8-9 times playing it, i really loved it. all the songs are solid.

i'm beck. can't afford damage control so doin this b myself. one thread at a time. and obviously i am successfully swaying opinion, you love colors now.

scientology mind tricks are useless against the seasoned Sup Forumstant. please go back making music that sounds unique, period, not just among the rest of your discography

I'd settle for good songwriting again.

This is where he went wrong. He was getting to drop this but put out Morning Phase instead. These songs hinted at a tighter Information Pt II type album but it's been nothing but pablum instead. I don't get it.

>Information Pt II

I know the world's not worthy of it, but I want it to happen.

>Information Pt II
This is what I was hoping for after listening to all of his limited edition extended tracks, fuck, even the sound shapes songs are better than colors
youtube.com/watch?v=CjfkoJQVUoM

>Artist that changes shit up with pretty much every album
>Changes shit up with Colors
>"What was he thinking?"
Beck is pretty mercurial. He does whatever the hell he feels like doing.

Quick mods are awake post underrated Beck jams youtube.com/watch?v=aoMw2IOkqIo

>takes four years to recod new album
>releases first shitty single two and a half years before the album drops
>turns out we could've had Information Pt2 instead

not the usual change. not an okay change.

The only problem here is that the album is shit, cheap lyrics, unoriginal, uninspired

soooooooooo goood
posting my shit
youtube.com/watch?v=0rJFreZGi34

this is legit great.

I think I'll stop talking shit about colors though, I don't want him to pull a Chester

>puts all his shit in a blender and shits it out

this sums up pretty much all my frustration towards this album, and dreams is such a bad song, I've been listening to it for years and it will never "click", it's just plain bad

I was so hoping for an Odelay II when he released this

I'll shit on colors until he releases something good again, 9 years since his last non-folk album it's a hell of a long time to crap it like this

i'll shit on your mother until she releases something good again

Any Modern Guilt fans here? Not my favourite but still a great album too

awesome album

Love Chemtrails, Modern Guilt, Replica and Profanity Prayers, Gamma Ray is a great track to groove too, the rest of the tracks are good but not amazing imo

i always just play it straight-through since it's so short, love all of it. also this bonus track youtube.com/watch?v=ZMvLMrSMitE