Reaction images/gifs

reaction images/gifs

fresh

hot from the press

I can't. I'm a 47 year old man whose paralyzed from the neck down. My state-employed assistant is typing this post. Say hi, Josh. (Hi.) Anyway, I'd love to kill myself, but I don't know how.

The helium suicide method has been used widely, including reportedly by reputable organisations like Dignitas. (Dignitas now uses only a drink of 15 grams of pentobarbital sodium: trade name Nembutal). The helium method is based on the fact that breathing inert gas like helium does not produce any feeling of suffocation, but depletes the body of oxygen, leading to loss of consciousness and death.

Compared to other methods:

Plus sign font awesome.svg
All parts (helium tank, plastic tubing etc) can be legally bought and possessed.
Can be done at home, at one's own convenience.
Does not put others at risk.
Minus sign font awesome.svg
Complete setup requires significant amount of handiwork.
Some people find having plastic bags over their heads disgusting.
One's application of the method must be very technically accurate in order to succeed.

The helium suicide method has been used widely, including reportedly by reputable organisations like Dignitas. (Dignitas now uses only a drink of 15 grams of pentobarbital sodium: trade name Nembutal). The helium method is based on the fact that breathing inert gas like helium does not produce any feeling of suffocation, but depletes the body of oxygen, leading to loss of consciousness and death.

Compared to other methods:

All parts (helium tank, plastic tubing etc) can be legally bought and possessed.
Can be done at home, at one's own convenience.
Does not put others at risk.
Complete setup requires significant amount of handiwork.
Some people find having plastic bags over their heads disgusting.
One's application of the meth.od must be very technically accurate in order to succeed.

you must wait 3 min 25 s before posting a duplicate reply