Why do you do these things to yourself?

Why do you do these things to yourself?

Why do you drink that horrible crap?

Why not drink coffee or tea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7t_Uyi9bNS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cola tastes better

Yeah the taste is relatively OK but the thing it does to teeth is hardcore.

Because I am addicted to sugar, you fagcarrot

I only drink soda when mixing with alcohol. I also start every morning with coffee.
Besides that I only drink water.

ain’t your business faggot

Can't believe I've been drinking this shit my whole life..gave up 3 weeks ago hopefully I can stay off it

Only because you acquired the taste when you were young.
Horrible addiction that is bad for your health.
cool
'Anonymous', everything is our business.

95% probability that you will drink it when you go out to eat, and then you will buy it the next time you go to the grocery store after that.

I mostly drink water or coffee

K..how much you wanna bet?

It tastes good, but fucks up your teeth.

Marketing, you faggot. It has us all bent over

I've been doping on red bull. Hopefully it's less terrible

Coffee is a mild diuretic, causes heartburn and high blood pressure. Tea tastes like shit unless you put almost the same amount of sugar in it than soda, and consuming anything above a certain temperature is confirmed to highly increase the risk of throat cancer.

I rather have diabetes, thank you.

>Implying we don't also drink both coffee and tea to feed our insane caffeine addictions.

They also spend more money every year on advertisement than most countries in the world make in total.

My mother gave me apple juice as a young child (I remember drinking it around 3 or so, and she gave me as much as I wanted). Then she started giving me sugary drinks like powdered iced tea, Hi C and Tang. And again, I was allowed to drink as much as I wanted, whenever I wanted, which for a seven year old, was quite a bit.

So now I'm an adult who drinks Coke and occasionally other stuff like Lipton Brisk Iced Tea (which comes with artificial lemon and is sugar already added). I have asked myself why I can't stop drinking these drinks many times. A while back I realized it's because I associate cold sweet drinks with love, or at least, a sense of being nurtured. Another peculiar thing is that I put as much ice as I can fit into all of my drinks. I literally stack the glass or thermos from top to bottom with ice and then pour the water/soda/iced tea into whatever room is left between the cracks. I still haven't figured out why I do this. I've had my thyroid checked and it's fine and I don't have any other medical issues, so there must be a psychological reason for this as well.

To answer your question about coffee and tea, I don't like either unless they are heavily iced and sugared, at which point they are no better than soda but taste much worse to me.

And for the record, I drink a ton of water and exercise regularly. I'm not some totally unhealthy Jabba the Hut caricature of an American.

>Why do you do these things to yourself?
>Why do you drink that horrible crap?
>Why not drink coffee or tea?
Free will is a persistent illusion. You never had a choice as to which drink you will enjoy.

You may not have a choice what brand to buy, because it's all owned by Nestlé, but you do have a choice how much of that shit you put in your body and which ones. Because not all of them are equally bad.

as a child i rarely drank water... i didnt get fat, it didnt ruin my teeth either. but today i mostly drink water anyway - it's just a choice, and you can change.

Help me I'm addicted
About 2 liters a week

i started liking food that i didnt like, after eating it for a while. you do have a choice. humans can adapt to many things.

>but you do have a choice how much of that shit you put in your body and which ones
Nope. You don't get to choose whether you drink it or not. For that matter, you don't get to choose whether you type in complete sentences or not. You don't get to choose whether your favorite board is Sup Forums or /k/ or Sup Forums. You're not making any of these decisions. They're made for your by deterministic forces.

There's no such thing as free will. In fact, as Sam Harris points out, even what you "make of luck" is just more luck.

youtube.com/watch?v=7t_Uyi9bNS4

I'll drink what I want, you piss guzzling cock-monger.

>t. pseudointellectual
kys

I don't.

I drink tea, mostly. No sugar.

And at least 1.5l of water a day.

Thanks for caring about my health though.

>Why not drink hipster faggot drinks?
Because water and juice are better.

>you do have a choice. humans can adapt to many things.
That's agency, not free will.

>as a child i rarely drank water... i didnt get fat, it didnt ruin my teeth either. but today i mostly drink water anyway - it's just a choice, and you can change.
I'm not fat, don't have bad teeth and drink more water than soda. Unlike yourself, however, I'm willing to admit that none of these are things I can decide for myself, just as I don't get to decide whether I will become a complete psychopath, suffer from OCD, or have blue eyes instead of green.

What you think of as a choice is just something determined for you by events that you did not bring into being. You are not free to think however you want. You don't even get to choose your own thoughts (which is why me telling you all of this is irrelevant; I'm just bored).