Why can't they replicate starships?

Why can't they replicate starships?

Too large for the machine. I assumed they made the starships using larger industrial replicators to make the components.

can they fix starships faster by replicating damaged hull parts?

They do replicate smaller parts.

a replicator is the most advanced possible 3d printer from the atomic level up.

You could replicate an entire star ship on a sized up replicator and with the HUGE amount of raw materials for it to print from.

They do, sort of.

They have industrial sized replicators. They replicate large parts. They still need to put them together though.

Why don't they just replicate more people for dangerous missions?

Very moral society. There are some species that do just that and have cloned slave labor and all sorts of shit.

Actual Star Fleet was nearly giving human rights to androids in TNG, so you can assume replicating a husk, injecting it with memories and shit would make it a human and all the rights therein.

why didnt datas creator just record himself making data?

Why don't they just replicate kinetic guns for the 100th episode where the phasers don't work

They basically do, but not all in one piece. Energy to matter that would be a fucking nuts amount of power all at once.

A replicator is just a super-advanced 3D printer. I imagine they use huge ass 3D printers in space to make the gigantic metal pieces and slap 'em together like Lego.

Never made sense in the 2009 movie how the Enterprise was being built on the ground. How would that even be possible?

Why don't they replicate a button that triggers the self-destruct of all the borg?

where do you think they get the material for the food from?

Yeah its the crews shit!

You cant shit an entire starship.

With replicators and holodecks available, why would anyone interact with another human being?

why didnt janeway just tell the borg to goto sleep?

Why didn't Janeway replicate herself a dragon dildo so she wouldn't be so cranky all the time?

why didn't they just replicate the ring into mordor?

replicators turn energy into matter, a starship would require a hell of a lot of energy

Build 1 Dyson Sphere = Loads o energy for millions of star ships

I laughed so fucking hard at this op, gg

because JewJew needed a cool shot to put in the movie, even tho it made no fucking sense.

I remember reading somewhere that the federation has massive factories that do nothing but replicate industrial materials like starship parts, building materials, it was one of the novels IIRC.

Also Industrial Replicators are mentioned in DS9.

How do you know that they are?

Why don't they replicate Data?

Too complicated to replicate.

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE ASK HOW THEY TRANSPORT HIM THEN

>Too complicated to replicate.

HOW
DO
THEY
TRANSPORT
HIM
THEN

MOTHERFUCKER I SAID DON'T ASK

GO BOLDLY WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE[:spoiler]

They tried. The replicated starships would instantly warp core breach or have their holodecks stuck in infinite loops without safety protocols. More trouble than it was worth.

you can't argue with satan, make it so

why didnt geordi just replicate a gf

or eyes

>HUGE amount of raw materials for it to print from.

Nah son replicators use M2E transfer. That's why they draw so much power.

why didn't they just replicate spock?

>Actual Star Fleet was nearly giving human rights to androids in TNG

Data literally got full human rights in one of his story arcs, actually. They determined in court that he is allowed to make his own choices and exercise free will and all rights of a human, preventing a scientist from experimenting on him against his will.

Why not just replicate money and live like a king ?

What would happen if they transported a replicator while it was replicating a transporter?

Where is your Q now?

>Never made sense in the 2009 movie how the Enterprise was being built on the ground. How would that even be possible?

basically this. JJ is a fucking child, he has a child's concept of things like astronomy and the scale of celestial objects, or the basics of an economy (surprising for a jew to be so unversed in econ), how to build a creative universe, etc. The list goes on

All he has done well is make a lot of cash for himself and his friends, all started by making a convoluted mess of a series and selling it for 6 seasons.

Why were they so interested in trying to recreate Datas for disposable troops when they could just make infinite human clones with transporters instead?
It takes fucking seconds too

I don't think money exists in that universe. It's a post-scarcity society.

RAISE SHIELDS

This is a society that lets literal aliens assume posts in it's government, they're cucked beyond reason. They would never allow their magical scarcity-ending technology to be used to it's unique, world-shattering maximum potential.

in star trek matter rearrangers are used to make cups of coffee, for fucks sake. if it's pure relativistic conversion, imagine how incredibly wasteful this is compared to the energy required to grow a coffee plant, roast the beans, and boil water for brewing?

if energy is this cheap in the future, i'm not sure why the diplomatic science vessel Enterprise is always getting into fucking fights with half the galaxy.

unless it's to showcase the glorious boat-action of TNG's ships

Why would anyone work then ? Whats the motivation ? If there is no economic pressure, why even have military, what makes entire society drive forward

>it's a reality where there's contact with multiple alien societies
>this idiot would be isolationist

oh my god you sound fucking retarded, have you not seen one episode/movie of star trek?

Why Earth doesn't have 10 billion neets spending their lives jacking off in their personal holorooms is a mystery.

the ship secretly controls the crew like hal.

hmm, extravertism? extraverts are always up to stupid shit

>oh my god you sound fucking retarded
nice argument
rofl

Because that is not the natural state. The unfortunate conditions of our society has created people like that. In a better society, you would create very few. And they could do as they liked.

However the vast majority of people require a sense of purpose. That is why people who become rich still work, or aggressively pursue hobbies, or do charitable work, etc etc. Almost nobody gets rich and goes "awesome, I'm done, time to browse the internet for the rest of my life." People don't work that way.

How do you think Voyager got replacement shuttles when out in the literal middle of no-where?

For every one that would go full NEET in a post scarcity society, the vast majority would not

Because people, in general, get enjoyment and fulfillment from doing things.

Like if I never had to pay for anything in my life again from tomorrow, I wouldn't spend the next 60 years jerking off on my couch. I'd do all kinds of shit, because I could.

We don't talk about that.

hey man the engineers had to work fucking hard to scrap together that new shuttle, not cool

I lold thanks

>Almost nobody gets rich and goes "awesome, I'm done, time to browse the internet for the rest of my life." People don't work that way.

I wish I was a person

>>this idiot would be isolationist
>not letting xenomorphs into positions of public office is isolationist
how blue pilled are you. i didn't say anything about trade or diplomacy with xenos. just don't give them authority in the human government. do humans have posts in their governments?

>turning earth into xeno migrant capital of the galaxy and seat of the cucked united earth
kek and mate

Didn't the Delta Flyer not get destroyed after like a hundred away missions certain to end in doom?

The Delta Flyer was introduced later into the show. Voyager used to have just normal shitty shuttles that would always crash. By the end of the show 3 dozen of the things had to have exploded into flames.

>Because that is not the natural state.
now thats high fantasy

ENT has an episode where a space station would replicate segments of starships to repair severe ship damage.

I assume by TNG that race had been discovered and integrated into the Federation and they just used that technology to make their ships.

Replicating complex machinery might be a tad difficult. It's the same reason why they can't replicate people who die.

ENT is fan fiction tho and not canon

>I'd do all kinds of shit, because I could.
Like chill at home, drive your Bugatti to local corner shop, shit post on Sup Forums, go to gym and fuck your android waifu, lets not kid ourselves here. Economic reward is literally building block of society, with out any sort of monetary reward people would do fuck all, everyone would just get laid, pursue their hobbies and go full blast roman decadency mode

>that episode where there are two rikers because the transporter malfunctioned and failed to destroy the original
>clone riker is treated as the original

But seriously, Broccoli had it right. Transporters fucking kill you.

Do you happen to know which episode that was? I'd like to watch it.

The Delta Flyer did get destroyed eventually

they made another one

the first delta flyer did get blowned up during a mission to certain doom

chillikachillieka

but it does exist

>Transporters fucking kill you.

Nah. Star Trek takes place in a very clearly dualistic universe where the mind isn't tethered to the body.

naked now is pretty much how a no money future would pan out i think.

>>that episode where there are two rikers because the transporter malfunctioned and failed to destroy the original
More like it accidentally created ANOTHER Riker, it didn't kill, it transported and then replicated.

transporters don't destroy you, they move you

So does Data have a supernatural component to his mind? Because if not then it makes no sense that they gave him human rights.

Economic reward is only the building block of society because we're not post scarcity and it's the status quo

its just people memeing

its actually why they despise cloning so much and either vaporize, spit or glare & Treat like a haitian any clone they see.

The transporter didn't create another Riker.

The planet's energy field did.

>RIKER: How was the second pattern able to maintain its integrity?
>LAFORGE: The containment beam must have had the exact same phase differential as the distortion field.
No field == No pattern == No Thomas

because those kind of people, and that kind of behavior is a self correcting problem. Anyone generally inclined to be a lazy useless leech on society and while away their lives with distractions winds up six months later a dehydrated corpse in the corner of a holo suite.

Everyone left in civilization are those with some kind of higher ambition to learn, explore, and do things.

they were convinced warp drive was safe to. but did he listen?

I want to quibble about your use of the word "supernatural" because there are various forms of dualistic thought, but the short answer is: probably. I think it's fair to say the show thinks Data is a people and people have minds.

Yeah, imagine you're in the Star Trek universe and you have aliens who can very literally demonstrate the existence of a persistent self that really possesses detectable emotions and shareable memories and can even move from place to place safely via transporter. Then imagine that all of a sudden your boring, utilitarian transportation system suddenly spits out a brand new person that also really has a persistent self with emotions and memories.

That's fucking terrifying.

All of a sudden the sanctity of personhood is very much in doubt.

Second chances
S6 Ep24

Translation:
>The planet's energy field prevented us from killing the extra Riker.

they do , small bit by small bit.

Are there any ships or shuttles that use holographic projectors to make a virtual cockpit with no obstructions?

Do they ever install holographic emitters on the hull of the ship and emit blank space for visual cloaking?

Do we ever see anyone ever use "wide" mode on a phaser? Everyone is always, "I've got it set to lethal wide beam and could kill you all." whenever someone is outnumbered in a Mexican standoff?

no
no
yes

Why was the Klingon word for chicken also chicken?

Shakespeare.