Give your opinion regarding the existence of god and substance

Give your opinion regarding the existence of god and substance.
We will all debate!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substance_theory
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinozism
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus).
youtu.be/f-wWBGo6a2w
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontological_argument
plato.stanford.edu/entries/spinoza/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is no higher being other than your own conscience. Chemicals in your brain creating a world no one else is actually a part of. Only a brief moment in time is your existence. Your life is meaningless.

Op here ill start.
I believe that god doesn't exist as the universe is too chaotic for there to be a designer, on top of this i beleive the exist of a god would be the single worst discovery in human history as it would prove (at least in my mind) the absence of human free-will.

Beautiful. I support a similar way of thought for the record.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Substance_theory
Here is an explanation of substance for anyone who doesn't know what substance is in terms of philosophy.

Actually i think God exist, not from a religious point of view, neither as a supreme being, I think God is energy
Energy is everywhere and everything
Ex. Solar energy, kinetic energy, etc...

You can also sense the people energy, with guided meditation you can practice this, also, every one of us that has taken LSD or San Pedro can agree with me, that means it's in everyone of us

Discuss.

You are your own god. Yet you are meaningless in the grand scheme

Sounds similar to Spinoza's thoughts about god=nature. You might be interested in checking him out

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinozism

However, thoughts would not be dictated nor controlled by any form of energy. How can thoughts exist in a universes controlled wholly by energy and matter interactions. Thoughts appear immaterial, unaffected by time or spatial orientation.

Isn't your brain working so you can have thoughts? What are your neurons doing at that moment? They go through a electrochemical process establishing connections between them and that is energy

Thats how it may appear, however thoughts also seem to work independently as well. They are also immaterial and unaffected by bodily change and replacement. Your cells are constantly dying and being replaced every 7-10 years yet you are the same person(en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus). It can't be disproved that your thoughts cease after death.

those are some scrumptious looking feet hhhnngg moree

Substances exist. Gods may or may not exist, though I haven't found any evidence to suggest their existence.

Basically what this guy said... lol
youtu.be/f-wWBGo6a2w

There are probably beings that exist in a higher dimension, but they wouldn't have anything to do with this one and would live and think in ways we can't comprehend. They wouldn't be "gods" though, just completely unfamiliar life forms.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Here is something you may be interesting. It serves as a logical proof a gods existence. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontological_argument
There are too many possibilities to consider in regards to god to not give it much thought imo.
As for substance, consider that atoms are being broken down further and further constantly. I find no evidence that substance must exist. However there is much support for its existence. What do you think substance is and how do we perceive and interact with it.

I love that movie!
(Big lebowsky)

Could you give a summary or a text resource. I dont have 2 1/2 hours to listen at the moment, but i will check it out.

Just because I can imagine a thing, doesn't mean that thing exists. The only thing this ontologically proves is that the imaginer is greater than the thing he is imagining, being that he actually exists.

It proves god must exist by definition and logically. There are ways to disprove it or circumvent it however i dont believe this one works. Also something I've never understood is how existence could be in anyway greater than non-existence.

It's logically fallacious. It assumes existence based on imagination. It fails the pink unicorn test.

Is that the test where you think of a pink unicorn and it doesnt appear before you?
If so that couldnt apply here as you do not create him through imagination. The argument only proves that one who understands what god is should beleive in his existence. On top of this who says there is no pink unicorn in all of existence? Besides, it is already apparent we do not have the power of creation through thought. I do understand ypur train of thought, it made me think for a bit.

I consider god as substance. The one thing unifying the universe. You gotta broaden you definition of god or you could deny my arguement entirely. plato.stanford.edu/entries/spinoza/

A Moose once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...

Can your boi svenge gimmie the hookup?

When this thread dies, so does any hope that Sup Forums will become enlightened.

i am the only thing that exists, everything i do is meaningless, everyone around be may not be conscious because i have no proof. or its some rick and morty video game shit and im just playing a video game rn

What about the existence of everything before you? What evidence do you have of yourself existing if you are going to entertain this idea? The universe does not appear to be dependent on you. There are mamy reasons nihilism is laughed at(not that it matters anyway (haha i made the best joke ever)),

What if I'll throw it with the speed of 11,186 km/s? (25,020 mph for retards)

Substances are pretty good but can lead to abuse if you're not careful.

Then ur nasa, and can fuck traps without being a fag. Welcum to amerifag

I wanna abuse every substance

you're close, but you're way off