youtube.com/watch?v=2oDK6_T-rk8&list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ1atmr7Z3zwuXKEQXydy08G
shilpa ray's "door girl"
youtube.com/watch?v=zTtGSH0adio&list=PLX9fHaX9LyAhqYWY8Kqf524PIIYs4mV4Z
youtube.com/watch?v=dsGODTySH0E&list=PL67VKSNJdY_XBvoFECHFKyesxnDhTVM8N

No they don't. Red Planet sounds like a Martian wasteland

>Matangi
>Doris

haaaaaaaaah no.

how do you know what a martian wasteland sounds like? maybe it doesn't sound at all

o i am laffin

While not a classic, I believe this will be looked at as one of the most brilliant efforts in rock music during this decade, not to say as one of Radiohead's best albums

You somehow managed to pick the two most copy-and-paste songs on the album congrats mollyfag
Wait until lp5 then you'll shut up about this garbo record

I'm not really sure about any of these but Arca's and Sufjan's. However, I believe C&L will not only pass as one of the best albums of the 2010's, but as one of the greatest indie records of all time

hello claire

unpopular fact: skeleton tree is nick cave & the bad seeds best album

eww memegrips

though i like'em a little, i think they'll be looked at as some sort of cult limp bizkit only edgy kids listened. hope im wrong

Its a good album but I can't think of any reason it would be considered a classic. It's well done but very standard pop music for the time period, I can't imagine it being influential.

Agree with these, already critically acclaimed to heaven and you can hear the influence in the rap genres (excluding Daft Punk, which is just great)

Love Grimes and Radiohead, but they didn't push enough boundaries with these albums to be classics IMO. As for the other two, modern indie rock or basic trap being a classic? I doubt it.

I meant to put DG in the classic section, my bad

This is correct, far surpasses Melodrama

this

but as a fan of radiohead, i think itll just be because there wasnt really that many noteworthy rock releases that werent radiohead

It only surpasses melodrama in cultural impact. Melodrama is better in almost every respect

holy shit its the wrongest take of the year! congrats

>hey, but the album format is dying!
It is? Singles were always a thing you know.

real opinion

i actually hope you die

Pop rock bands and boybands/girlgroups rely solely on the strength of their singles since their inception.

>basic trap being a classic? I doubt it.

i knew this was going to be a classic the first time i heard it. no other album has resonated with me as hard as this one did.

that mitski album is underrated as fuck.

correct, but
do any of you motherfuckers listen to anything besides the major labels and the well-established indie artists that were propped up by pitchfork and a music industry that successfully tapped into the hipster scene at the beginning of the decade? I’m not saying all of these are horrible, pointless, shitty drivel, but branch the fuck out please. Reposting the same 50 albums every time anyone asks about music from the ‘10s isn’t healthy for the medium. I’m not saying it’s good because it’s obscure or that it’s bad because it’s popular. To Pimp a Butterfly is easily one of my favorite albums of the decade. David Bowie is my favorite artist and Blackstar was an emotional trip for me. Even though they’re popular, I think they’re fantastic. What I’m saying is that you guys are actively killing the discovery of lesser-known talent by parroting Pitchfork and Fantano non-stop. I’m also not saying that Pitchfork and Fantano are wrong for not promoting unknown artists. These are institutions that have too much money at stake to fuck around take a risk on an artist no one knows about and I understand that they need to stay financially viable. It’s our responsibility to find and discuss lesser-known music, because otherwise music will stagnate from artists adhering to the same tropes and mores, and you guys are hurting the cause.

shit tripfag

It influenced that album lmao

At some point once you get past the mainstream and those top indie levels, albums are usually not popular for good reason

what's your favourite song on Art Angels? i know they're all great

Give us some obscure top tier recs then, user.

That’s patently untrue. What you’re saying is if something is more popular, it’s better than something that’s less popular. Is Selena Gomez better than Radiohead? Must be since she’s got 126 million followers on Instagram.

Front loaded: the album. Everything after Next of Kin is shit.

party police and red planet are the best tracks, you mong.

No thats not what im saying read again. Im saying once you get past the mainstream and THEN past artists that Sup Forums and p4k and generally everyone into music who looks past the mainstream into more indie artists with a few exceptions you start reaching artists people dont talk about as much for good reason. They are either not as interesting or experimental to the point where the music doesnt resonate with near anybody except a few

that's just you getting bored and losing your hype

No thats not what im saying read again. Im saying once you get past the mainstream and THEN past artists that Sup Forums and p4k, and generally everyone into music enough to look past the mainstream into more indie artists likes, you start reaching artists people dont talk about as much for good reason. With few exceptions They are either not as interesting or experimental to the point where the music doesnt resonate with near anybody except a few

They're gonna go away one day. At some point. I believe.

she's ruined me

inevitably

chill out lol

don't get pissy just because people aren't posting about obscure enough bands, this is a thread for albums that will be considered classics. sure, i have some very underground artists that i listen to that i love, but i don't think that they're going to be lauded the same way the beatles or some other old dead dude bands are in the future. not because they're not good, but because not enough people listen to them. classic implies it's both technically good and had a broad reach, if you wanna talk about and explore lesser known musicians than join another thread man

fuck what a funny looking doge

It's funny how Sup Forums doesn't know the meaning of 'classic'

Top two are hip hop albums from this year. First one is Due Rent by lojii & Swarvy and isn’t even really that obscure. Second is Chapel Drive by Fly Anakin & Kon$ept Jackson. Third is Contravveleno by Havah, Italian post-punk. Last is Forgotten in the Woods Again’s self-titled EP; shoegaze

I said that’s not what pisses me off; what pissed me off is the circlejerk over the same mainstream albums over and over again. Plenty of the them are good, but we don’t need hundreds of posts about them.
>they are not as interesting or experimental
That’s not true either

What a surprise. Your taste is shit.

i think you're right about this one

Cool man

Huh. Havah's pretty good. From my country, too.

Don't know how this wasn't mentioned yet.

I don't get this album and why is it so hyped, It's so busy I never could listen through all of it without being sick of it near the middle and dropping it yet again.
I liked FlyLo's touches on TPAB, but anything I listen by him released under his name is just a very busy mashup of idm and jazz, is he just not my cup of tea or am I listening to wrong stuff from him?

I mean no offense, but you're probably just a pleb.

This is the Lorde shill thread, melodrama sucked ass, here is a real record

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJNbijG2M7OzjQw8BZRqD-Me015YiWV9w

imo

Obviously yes

But you only liked top tier mainstream hiphop

Gonna agree with these

Says a lot about Lorde's lyrical abilities that not even Antonoff's production could hurt her.

>basic trap
WRONG

For one you need to get better reading comprehension. Two Selena Gomez is better than Radiohead.

god he's terrible

That album's not memorable enough, OP.

funny.

these

Channel Orange AND Blonde are modern classics

don't think the format is dying tho.

this absolutely. people who don't like rap like this album. I'm surprised grunge rap has not caught on.

Not memeing

your mom

This will (hopefully) be seen as one of the best albums form the trap era/genre but not a classic overall imo