Hey, muslims, what's the diffrence between Sheytan and Iblis?

Hey, muslims, what's the diffrence between Sheytan and Iblis?
I really can't get it, pls explain me
Pic unrelated, really

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GVhsVjXJzKM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i think there are many sheytans and their leader is iblis

Sheytan is iblis, but anyone who tries to influence you in a negative manner can also be called sheytan.

But do sheytans have a free will? I know that muslims believe that angels do not
Or maybe Iblis is like evil version of Allah rulling them as he does with angels?
Christians on the other hand believe that Satan is "fallen angel", and they believe he and his demons (and also angels) have a free will

· It was narrated that Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “The throne of Iblees is on the sea and he sends out his troops to spread mischief (fitnah) among the people. The greatest of them in his sight is the one who causes the most fitnah.” (Narrated by Muslim, 5031; Ahmad, no. 1427)

I have probably got it

Sheytan(singular) or Shayateen(plural) is a collective entity
iblis is a single entity reigns over shayateen

Daily reminder, we're riding on a giant whale.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVhsVjXJzKM

Sheytan in arabic means a rebellious person. It can be used for humans as well as Jinns or for Iblees. In Quran Surah Baqara verse 14, Allah gives us a characteristic of hypocrites. He says that
(2:14) When they meet those who believe, they say, "We, too, are believers", but when they privily meet their evil geniuses(arabic:Shaytan), they say, "Indeed we are with you: we are only mocking at these people".
Explaining this Ayat, Moulana Maududi says
*15. 'Satan' in Arabic means refractory, rebellious and headstrong, and is used for both human beings and jinn. Although this word is generally used in the Qur'an for the satans amongst the jinn, it is also used occasionally for human beings possessing satanic characteristics. The context generally explains whether the word 'satan' refers to jinn or to human beings. In this particular case the word 'satans' refers to those influential leaders of the time who were in the vanguard of opposition and hostility to Islam
SOURCE www.tafheem.net
Iblees is that particular Jinn and Satan who rebelled against Allah and refused to bow down to Adam. In Quran:
(2:34) Then We commanded the angels, "Bow yourselves to Adam. "All bowed *45 but Iblis *46 refused to do so; he waxed proud and joined the defiers.
In short, there is only one Iblees but there are many Sheytans. Iblees is a Sheytan but a Sheytan may not necessarily be Iblees.

Humans and Jinn have free will, iblis is a jinn he also has free will. We believe god put him on the same level as angels, but he is not an angel.

Iblis was a jinn who was so good that allah made him stay with angels. But in the end he disobeyed allah because of adam and he became a fallen angel and yes jinns do have free will unlike angels thats why he managed to disobey allah

"Sheytan" is a name of speecies, Iblis is a given name of one of them.
Think of it as demons and the satan.

i think shaytans are the bad jins
quran says there is an alternative world like ours but with jins they live lifes like humans then after death they go either to heaven or hell
basically they are human with superpowers the bad ones are shaytans who followed iblis so they have free will excatly like us
maybe they have countries govermant and video games xd in their world too

So he's Poseidon?
They literally saw a guy with a pitchfork in an inage somewhere and said that's the devil.
Abrahamic religions are retarded. It's so thinly veiled how can anyone believe this shit?

Ok, thanks to all, I finally get it
Also, didn't think there are so many muslims on Sup Forums

>It's so thinly veiled how can anyone believe this shit?
Maybe, you have to grow up with it to think it's normal.

Just a reminder, most of these things are just speculations. The only thing the Quran says is that they exist, but does not go in to specifics. Everything else about them are just speculations. For example how they look, what they eat, where do they live, etc.... are all speculations.

your welcome

most of the "muslims" on int are either cultural or atheists

That's a Hadith which means you do not take it 100%.

None of it should be taken at 100%. Ot even 5% at that. All the holy book are full of mistakes

Well the same is with christians and jews
I'm atheist, but I can understand ppl who believes in some religion
But I really hate all these pseudo-christians that makes the most of polish society

No I'm talking about Muslims generally do not take Hadith 100%. even the Quran has many different interpretations, but Hadiths are generally very specific.

I talked to an Arab irl and he told me Satan's water palace had six floors. He seemed pretty impressed by the fact it had six floors.

Yeah... kinda like most Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc... the average Muslim hears something by some retarded sheikh and think it's true.

wow, i guess being the supreme deity of evil has its perks. Something to consider

Tell me something that isn't retarded about Islam.

We're a multiculti paradise

The specificity of the number of floors was somehow weird to me. I guess if they have high ceilings, then it is pretty impressive.

And yet we're segregated into generals.

Pseudo-Christians are less cringe desu

Well its the same as Christianity the values like being good to your neighbours is acceptable meanwhile the semetic fairytales about jinns and prophets are retarded

>But I really hate all these pseudo-christians that makes the most of polish society
Why?

Cause it's like "muh you filthy atheist, I'm so moral and believing, you'll go to hell", while (s)he doesn't know anything about his/her religion, ain't comming to church beside Christmas and Easter and never read a single book of Bible
And it fucking triggers me

If the stories my imam told are true, it is possible for humans to get together with jinn, but their children will be hermaphrodites

> Iblis is described as a jinn (being made of fire)
> he is also described as an angel ("all angels fell prostrate, except Iblis" etc.)
explain this shit

Just move out and/or disconnect your phone and your mom will stop bothering you.

lol i don't think humans can race mix with jinns o___O
but i think it's possible to interact with them here we have people who interact with jinn to get their power and do bad things to people ╰(°□°)╯

>波兰人

>Humans and Jinn have free will, iblis is a jinn he also has free will. We believe god put him on the same level as angels, but he is not an angel.
>Iblis was a jinn who was so good that allah made him stay with angels. But in the end he disobeyed allah because of adam and he became a fallen angel and yes jinns do have free will unlike angels thats why he managed to disobey allah
>i think shaytans are the bad jins

seconded

>For example how they look, what they eat, where do they live
Quran specifically says Jinn were created from a smokeless fire. Does that mean they're made of that ? I doubt it.
Humans were created from clay, but they're not made of it. Still, Quran also says how Jinns look: they're invisible.
Rest is but speculation

That imam contradicts the Quran, so maybe he should leave this religion or revise is Aqeedah.

Are you literally retarded or just baiting ? Yes all the angels obeyed, and Iblis didn't. How does that make him and angel, especially if the verse directly following says "he was a Jinn" ?

Damn reading this got me thinking Islam could be quite a "cool" religion if they focused more on mysticism and arab mythology so to end up with the current comercial appeal appropriated eastern religions/cultures like Indian and Buddhism have.

>Bosnia
>Muslim
I thought you were meme tier Muslim's?