Is soundcloud rap the new punk rock?

Is soundcloud rap the new punk rock?

It seems like it's the only rebellious form of counterculture music we have left

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8
youtube.com/watch?v=IQtO6R4qkg0
schoolshooter.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

This trend of increasingly weird face tattoos is interesting I wanna see where the soundcloud rap scene takes it

>it use to be the crusties and travelers with odd/retarded face tats
>now its the meme rapers

idonteven it really is the new punk

how punk

is that jeff mangum

Try the new nu-metal

thats said about guns and roses

no

Lil Yatchy is our generation's Jello Biafra

does this guy rap about jeff mangum or something

Didn't punk usually have a message behind it? Soundcloud rap is just catchy gibberish.

>Didn't punk usually have a message behind it
no

i fucking hope not

>lets all dress the same, look the same, and make the same sounding music
>rebellion

this is why old people hate teenagers

when thats said of hipsters yall say it's misunderstanding the music

no one says that, and everyone hates hipsters too
Soundcloud rap is a cartoon with no substance.
Punk rock at least had some sort of politics with anarchism and anti capitalist elements

What that kid gonna do once SoundCloud rap stop being popular? I mean, look at him. Would you hire him?

Punk rock
>bare-bones honest rock n' roll
>played fast and loud
>massive amount of energy required to perform well
>cool nicknames
>people hated it because of how abrasive and extremist it was politically
Soundcloud "rap"
>boring
>low energy snoozefest
>lil this, lil that
>takes no effort
>political views literally anyone could agree with
I sincerely hope you'e joking

bruh theres dozens of articles criticizing hipsters for doing same things while posturing as individuals. some punk has politics much of it is cartoony

I wish i could rap because i could destroy sound cloud rap by inventing post sound cloud rap.
I would dress like station to station era bowie and have 0 tattoos i would compeltly never associate with those garbage people with rainbow dreadlocks.

if it is..

PFFFTTTFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAH

thats comparing the best of one genre to the worst of another

Name one soundcloud rapper with the raw energy and grit of the average shitty punk band from literally where, Minnesota

That's what an art movement (or genre) is.

chief keef and darker shit like him lil yachty and the experiment weirdos

I'm just afraid that the biggest acts from soundcloud rap are going to polish themselves too much and lose their edge

X hasn't (except for doing a track with Noah Cyrus) but I feel like Lil Pump might. Gucci Gang is already a step towards that.

XXXTENTACION
Syringe
$uicideboy$

lil pump always was poppier he'd be considered new wave if it was the 80s

no you dipshit

unironically hang yourself with a rope until you're brain stops receiving oxygen

this goes for all fans of soundcloud rap

make me pussy

yes

>lets all dress the same, look the same, and make the same sounding music
and punks didnt all try to look the same and fit in with the scene?

chief keef is a twitter rapper, not a soundcloud rapper

same shit

dont you think its a bit of a contradiction that music that is popular with teens and mass marketed and viral marketed to them is considered "rebellious"

Wouldnt it be more rebellious if you like dressed in a suit and played the accordion.
No one is doing that shit

Its fact sorry

theres power in numbers no teen wants to throw shit at the wall alone until college

dont you think its a bit of a contradiction that record companies have convinced teenagers that consuming the music they market to them and increasing their corporate profits is "rebellious"

Haha, so punk rock, lets hand over our money to music that everyone likes and is popular and gets millions of streams and views

WE DA NEW PUNK RAWK NOW

soundcloud rap gives no money to anyone though the company's failing

rebellion means going against whats popular.
But isnt sound cloud rap popular?
Isnt that a cognitive dissonance?
Have you considered there is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism?
Its like you have been tricked into thinking that buying products associated with your identity is rebellious or fighting against the man!

youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

society at large no any music other than pop isnt to popular

wrong

how when theres so much crossover

if you want to be a good musician you set the trends, you set the tone, you make the things that are popular, once everyone starts copying you, jump off the train and change it up. Always keep them running. always keep growing, because the audience will get old with you. All these sound cloud faggots are going to be irrelevant trash in a few years when something else gets popular. Never associate yourself with something that could easily be gone tomorrow or when the teens that like it graduate from high school

>good musician
>being part of a teen trend
different things hommes

"turn up" music is such a stupid fucking idea too. You need depth if you want longevity as a musician or artist. Kanye makes 808 and heartbreaks, something like that. Yeah, you cant be making turn up music when you get old because you look pathetic. Im going to go ahead and already pronounce every soundcloud rapper dead when he runs out of ideas, people get used to it, and he gets old

The Sex Pistols were arguably as talented as shitty Soundcloud rappers, their similar in their attitudes towards music and the establishment.

people still listen to depeche mode or tears for fears, a lot of current rap will be looked back on that way

actually johnny rotten also a big part of post punk and would run circles around these sound cloud morons

youtube.com/watch?v=IQtO6R4qkg0

when you become pop music you become disposable.
Have fun hanging out with other has been musical movements like crunk and ringtone rap.
Punk music itself never set out to be mainstream, it was anti conmmerist it was against the mainstream it wasnt topping the charts
rap is vapid and obsessed with greed and success

why are all Gen Z kids either braindead or severely autistic?

in no way disproves what I said

does anyone remember a white rapper named f@gg0t?

close enough right here
schoolshooter.bandcamp.com

You need to stop putting deodorant on you baby dick and start using some soap and water. You smell.