ITT: Albums that have specific meaning to you, then share what the meaning is

ITT: Albums that have specific meaning to you, then share what the meaning is.

pic related

I was in the hospital for the 5th time visiting my and visiting my Grandma there for the last time. She went into a coma after a seizure and I was at the hospital during the late night until she got off life support.

I was on the 8th floor looking out over the parking lot with the soft orange glow of the street lamps watching the heavy snowfall in January, waiting to be informed when the Chaplain arrived to bless her.

I was listening to pic related, one of the few albums I had bought at the time, after school when my mother came to my room with 2 police officers who told me my dad had killed himself with a plastic bag and cable ties.
Let's just say that I didn't really listen to much else after that for like a year.

When I first started dating my girlfriend at the time, I listened to this album with her all the time. We listened to it anywhere and everywhere. She lived half an hour away, so the whole way up to her house would be spent listening to Bright Eyes and the whole way back I'd think of how I'm glad I'm alive smile because a person so supportive and wonderful could be in my life and I'd listen to Bright Eyes. It seemed like the album followed us everywhere, too. We'd be sitting in restaurants from time to time and "First Day of My Life" would come on and we'd just look at each other and smile.
After about a year of us being together, she invited me to come on a mission trip with her church group to Nicaragua. I spent months gathering up money to go along and eventually we left for the trip. I listened to Bright Eyes on the way there obviously because I listened to them all the time by now. While we were in Nicaragua, she constantly left me alone to hang out with this other guy and I was ostracized all the time because I had different beliefs from everyone else there. Over the week, she eventually stopped holding my hand. I didn't believe it at the time, but she was cheating on me with that guy in our group during the trip. On the way home, we listened to Bright Eyes.
When we got back, she dumped me and said that she doesn't love me anymore and never will again. She started dating the guy from the mission trip group and they're still dating.
To this day, I still can't listen to that album without having an anxiety attack.

Was going through muh teenage existential crisis period. Alone at school, dad had finally gotten a job, even if it was a little less than the one we hoped for.

Still felt sort of empty. Just moved into the town, had no friends. Was chatting about music to some online circlejerk and some person recommended me this album. I didn't think much of it at the time, but when muh depression hit this album was pretty much my life for me from age 15 or so. Also led me to all of Dan Barrett's other side projects, which is neat.

Apparently the person who recommended me this died in a car accident. How fitting.

Fuck, I really can't compete with these deep, sorrowful examples. The most I get out of this is fond nostalgia.
This was just my first rap album. I was an edgy, contrarian faggot all through middle/high school. I had written off rap completely and barely listened to any music at all. In the beginning of my college freshman year, I decided to stop that and chose the most popular album in a "God Tier Rap Albums" thread on Sup Forums to buy and listen to. While I don't think it's the best album ever created, it brings back fun memories of college and discovering new-to-me shit.

All day foreplay in bed with my ex girlfriend with Radiohead's In Rainbows on repeat was a day I will never forget

Pretty legit, having those albums that always brings back nostalgia are so special its unbelievable

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECKONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRR

could also be switched with who killed amanda palmer. it's kind of odd since even though this is a 'dark' album it's not very depressing, but it brings back the most depressing memories holy shit. gorillaz was one of the first bands i got really into and it was introduced to me by an ex-friend who emotionally tortured me and spread rumors about me, all while i was going through the closest thing a preteen can to a mental breakdown. i didn't talk to anyone, didn't bathe, didn't eat, didn't do anything, at one point my school was so worried about my antisocial ass that for the last year they'd lock me in a room with a teacher and another student and force me to talk to them. i only recently got back into gorillaz when they released humanz and it's really empowering being able to finally enjoy something despite the negative memories it holds. o green world still fucking slaps

This album came out my freshman year of college. Listened to it obsessively. Coincided with me finding the most meaningful relationship of my life, my insular college social circle ostracizing me because they all wanted to fuck the girl i just dumped, and realizing i was severely depressed.

I listened to this album at 3 AM in an empty courtyard on campus and messaged my girlfriend about wanting to die. The next day I found out a former friend from the aforementioned group died suddenly in the dorm, freak aneurysm as a result of undetectable cancer, no explanation. People spent significant parts of the vigil and memorial trash talking the fact I wasn't there. Shitty year.

Not as shitty or genuinely awful as a lot of what was posted here, but that's my example. Only recently have I been able to return to this album. Masterpiece, though, 10/10 for sure.

jesus, that's fucked. sorry you went through that. unfortunately really resonant album with that experience. hope better things have come your way since

first MCR album (hold on let me explain). my first crush had eyes that reminded me of the closer ballad on that album. she was older and more mature than me, I couldnt hold her interest. this was sometime before highschool

does a death have to occur for bumps ITT?

The album that got me interested in buying more albums as a kid.

how common were cds around that time?

It was around 1999. I got it as a New Years Eve present.

good time for CDs lots of good rap around then

A few years ago I had a falling out with one of my closest friends over some nonsense. We didn't talk to one another for a month which was heartbreaking for me at the time. I had never fought with a friend at this caliber. I was even losing some friends because they were taking her side.I remember having just got this album and listening to it in the car while just wallowing over the whole situation. We've since made up and even joke about it from time to time. But "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Your Grievances" still makes me think about how much of an emotional wreck I was during that month

Walking home at 5am underneath yellow streetlights after hanging out with a girl I just met after I moved to Ohio. I had broken up with my girlfriend of 4 years and this was my first relationship since it happened. It was nice to feel things for someone again, but it didn't last long.

every-album-ive-ever-listened-to.jpg because im always depressed

Girlfriend of 5 months cheated on me with my best friend and all i listened to at the time was this album, specifically Snowstorm, When Will You Come Home and Ceremony

forgot pic

I hope your name isn't Michael I hope your best friend's name isn't Stan.
Anyway what a bitch, and the music is pretty good even tho it plateaued very fast for me. Builded tolerance to it faster than a cocaïne addict to his lines.

A friend of mine overdosed and this album is the only thing that got me through it.

This album came out my Junior year in HS, at the time I had a huge crush on my best friends sister. I had barely any guts to talk to her though. One day I saw her talking with the guy I despised who always gets girls and cheats on them within weeks. I felt so angry that I had no guts to speak to her and he could do it with ease. I had mental breakdown and listened to Beach Life for days on end obsessing every lyric.

Started dating my best friends ex-girlfriend who was a literal 10/10. We were making out to the title track when I got the huge text about him finding out. It was the strangest moment because it felt amazing and terrible at the same time. But now I look back on it with an extreme fondness.

Not so much an album as a song, but Karma Police was the first song I listened to after I found out my uncle had raped, tortured, and sold my mother to his friends nearly every day when she was a kid, starting from when she was 7. He's a "changed man" now living in canada, running an AA group, he's never faced criminal charges for it. My mum's become a born again christian and even though she doesn't speak to him nowadays, she says she forgives him. Every time I hear that song I get revenge fantasies, I don't think I'm a violent person but I imagine puncturing his belly with the backside of a hammer and like getting all his guts twisted up in it and then pulling them out whilst he screams and it makes me feel really good.

Scumbag andy

You would've done the same thing

>Jobless
>Hopeless
>Best friend had just killed himself
>Isolated
>Riding the trains all day, walking to and from therapy
>On high doses of antipsychotics
>Diagnosed schizophrenic after a bad episode
>Scared all the time, meds are really fucking me up, making me unable to stop moving (it feels like someone is dripping acid onto your muscles)

This album really resonated with me. The narrator's descent into suffering and mental illness spoke to me. It's like someone actually knew what I was feeling. Every line, short story, letter to his friends...It was all about me.

There's one part that always gets to me. It's when the narrator is trying to get better, but is frustrated and admitting that he'll never be the same as he once was, and that he might not ever be okay again. I really felt that.

>One last desperate plea. One last verse to sing
>One last laugh track to accompany the comedy
>Have I been losing it completely? Losing sanity?
>Or has it been fabricated, fashioned by the worst of me?
>I know I knocked the table over because I watched the jar break
>And I’ve been trying to repair it every single stupid day
>But won’t the cracks still show no matter how well it’s assembled?
>Can I ever just decide to let it die and let you go?
>All my motives and every single narrative below reflects
>That moment when you it broke
>And will I never let it go no matter what?

>Now I am throwing all the shards away
>Discarding every fragment, and fumbling uncertain
>Towards a curtain call that no one wants to happen
>That no one’s going to clap for at all, but that still has to be